Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which group suffers from the most negative stereotypes today?
Blacks 40 24.24%
Hispanics 4 2.42%
Evangelicals 34 20.61%
illegals 11 6.67%
Muslims 20 12.12%
Gays 15 9.09%
Other? 41 24.85%
Voters: 165. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2013, 10:01 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,227,483 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
what is good about breaking the law again, and disrespecting citizens?

hey are engaging in bad behavior --and bad behavior should not be rewarded or tolerated.

I personally wouldn't dream of going into ANY foreign country and making demands of the citizens of that country--it is beyond unthinkable--yet some would clearly defend it here.

mindboggling really.
Sandy - I've spent much of my life living in various corners of this world. One thing has been present just about anywhere that I have lived: Americans who are living in the country illegally, who work illegally, who use socialized medical services for free, who use socialized educational services for free, and who biatch and moan about illegals back home.

I've always thought that this was one of the most amazing mental splits a person could engage in: If others do it to my country, they are bad - never mind that I am doing exactly the same in their country...

Old 08-31-2013, 10:07 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,939,765 times
My vote goes for ... "Other."

The Amish.

They are extremely negatively stereotyped.

Why there are even advertisements and commercials claiming they make these cheap, crappy room heaters that look like cheesy fireplaces when in fact they are made in China!!!

No Amish person I know would have anything to do with these over-priced "miracle" fireplace heaters!

Old 09-01-2013, 12:24 AM

1,730 posts, read 1,361,973 times
Smokers.

Old 09-01-2013, 03:38 AM

5,190 posts, read 5,334,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
what is good about breaking the law again, and disrespecting citizens?

hey are engaging in bad behavior --and bad behavior should not be rewarded or tolerated.

I personally wouldn't dream of going into ANY foreign country and making demands of the citizens of that country--it is beyond unthinkable--yet some would clearly defend it here.

mindboggling really.
I'm not defending this behavior; I am saying I don't believe that just because a person is here undocumented or otherwise not "officially" doesn't make them evil.

By your criteria, anyone who drives over the speed limit or smokes a joint where pot isn't legal is a "bad person." That's pretty simplistic and overgeneralized.

I've known people who've come here just to try to work a crap job and send some money back home to their families so they could eat and live. I don't begrudge them that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuselage View Post
Sandy - I've spent much of my life living in various corners of this world. One thing has been present just about anywhere that I have lived: Americans who are living in the country illegally, who work illegally, who use socialized medical services for free, who use socialized educational services for free, and who biatch and moan about illegals back home.
I've experienced this as well, in every foreign country in which I've spent any time. I've only been to five other countries, and only three of those were off continent, but I've encountered illegal American expats in every one of them.

Must allbe bad people.

Old 09-01-2013, 07:37 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
Blacks still have it the worst.

For one skin color isn't something you choose --- it's not an ideology like Islam, people choose their religious beliefs so judging someone for the way they believe is entirely different. Illegals choose to break the laws, their illegal presence in this country is entirely their choice, so that's also entirely different.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies