Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2013, 12:25 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
This is something I've noticed and wondered about for a while now. People who tend to be the most supportive of civil rights--regardless of the group--tend to be those on the left. While conservatives tend to be, at best, ambivalent about things like voting rights or issues facing minority communities. Many naively seem to think that there are no racial problems anymore in the United States, and that things like Civil Rights laws are no longer necessary--something which baffles me.

Any thoughts?
first off there should be a requirement for voter ids to be shown at the polls, to prevent non citizens from voting, and to prevent people from voting more than once per election. and before you say that hasnt happened, it has, in fact one person admitted to voting many times in the last election.

as to other issues, while there are still racial problems in this country, the problem comes in that they are constantly thrown into our faces, and ANY slight is somehow considered racism regardless of the context. until that rubbish stops, there will be no serious conversation on racism because the liberals wont allow it.

Old 08-29-2013, 02:19 AM

4,278 posts, read 5,177,391 times
Conservatives support real solutions and don't want to use minorities for political gain. Liberals don't want solutions and just want a victim, forever, to keep voting for them.

Old 08-29-2013, 02:43 AM

11,039 posts, read 16,861,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by totsuka View Post
Conservatives support real solutions and don't want to use minorities for political gain. Liberals don't want solutions and just want a victim, forever, to keep voting for them.
Conservatives support real solutions? Huh, funny, all I really see them "support" anymore is shooting down anything that the Democrats do and either don't offer a solution, or offer one that's totally asinine and makes no sense.

Old 08-29-2013, 03:18 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,704,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFi View Post
Conservatives are about personal responsibility.
Today's right-wingers aren't conservatives. They're self-serving greed-mongers, focused solely on what's good for themselves and practicing callous disregard for others. That's not "personal responsibility" - it's avarice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
But I'm not a right winger Buu
How can we discuss you personally without violating rules about personal attacks, if it turns out that those concepts that you choose to put close to your heart and identify yourself by are things that others find corrupted? Regardless, what makes you think you have to be a Republican or claim some other standard label in order to be considered right-wing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizjo View Post
So I don't suppose you think it's immoral for blacks to still be suffering economical woes under the current administration, when they were promised Hope and Change, and got neither, hm?
Do I suppose WHAT is immoral? You have to specify the act that you're asking about in order to provide you an answer to your question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Again I disagree - many of the programs proposed and suggested by Democrats has only continued racism and not made them equal in the eyes of American people but dependent on those of us who work and pay taxes.
That's simply nonsense, aimed to deny the real inequalities in society.

Old 08-29-2013, 03:56 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,366,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
This is something I've noticed and wondered about for a while now. People who tend to be the most supportive of civil rights--regardless of the group--tend to be those on the left. While conservatives tend to be, at best, ambivalent about things like voting rights or issues facing minority communities. Many naively seem to think that there are no racial problems anymore in the United States, and that things like Civil Rights laws are no longer necessary--something which baffles me.

Any thoughts?
yea, actually thats a lie liberals tell you.
do about 3 minutes of research and you'll see where all the great strides in civil rights were by republicans.

keep listening to the lying left, they're doing a fabulous job of destroying the country and race relations.
after all, obama has set relations ack to the level of the 1920's.

Old 08-29-2013, 04:34 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,761,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXStrat View Post
There is evidence of voter fraud, an elections worker in the Cincinnati, OH are was just convicted of 6 counts of voter fraud for both voting in person, and voting via absentee ballot, and voting in names of others. There are other cases out there in the legal process now, and in all cases, the accused parties are Democrats. You can continue to stick your head in the sand and say voter fraud doesn't exist, but people will not stand for false allegations of voter suppression by requiring a photo ID that is provided for free by the state. Here is the one thing no Dem has been able to answer yet, how is requiring a photo ID, that is already required for many everyday transactions going to limit the rights or abilities of a single person legally entitled to vote?
I also have evidence of it in my filing cabinet. I received a letter in 2011 addressed to my grandmother stating that she forgot to sign her voter registration app. She died in 2009.

Anyone that thinks this isn't happening has their head in the sand.

Old 08-29-2013, 04:37 AM

11,780 posts, read 5,792,331 times
The problem I see is that the liberals and Democrats fail to come up with possible solutions to these problems and their answer is to always throw money at it. It may help the problem for a bit but it doesn't fix it. When someone comes up with a possible solution - instead of considering it - if it in anyway involves a little bit of sacrifice from the people - they rise up in protest.

No matter what your political leanings are - if you favor a solution - you're a right winger. The ideologies of the Democratic party have changed so much since I registered with the party , that I can say truthfully that I have only voted for one Democrat in the past 15 years and that's our Assemblyman Robin Schimminger - whose campaign I worked on when he first ran for office 30+ yrs ago.

I now vote based on the issues and who will best serve the masses. I know there are staunch Reps, and Cons - but I think that many in the Democratic party just can't think for themselves. There's only so much money we can print to Band-Aid these problems before it's not worth anything - and we're in that situation now with the devaluation of the dollar.

I really think that if the Republicans had put up Jesus Christ himself - next to Obama - Obama would still have won. The country voted on skin color and not on the actual qualifications of the man. The man ran on the promise of Hope and Change - well things certainly did change - for the worse and I'm still Hoping.

I see from the similar threads that we have another 3 threads about conservatives and minorities - 10 to 1 - the thread was started by a Liberal or Democrat - this is what I mean by race baiting - you all are fixated on a situation that really doesn't exist in the majority of the population. It's comical that with all that's going on in this country and the world you can't address other situations.

Old 08-29-2013, 05:15 AM

6,233 posts, read 9,480,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bily Lovec View Post
yea, actually thats a lie liberals tell you.
do about 3 minutes of research and you'll see where all the great strides in civil rights were by republicans.

keep listening to the lying left, they're doing a fabulous job of destroying the country and race relations.
after all, obama has set relations ack to the level of the 1920's.
News Flash--this isn't 1860. It's not even 1964. Let's stick with the present day please. The Republicans are a vastly different group today than they were fifty years ago.

Old 08-29-2013, 05:22 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,167,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
Conservatives support real solutions? Huh, funny, all I really see them "support" anymore is shooting down anything that the Democrats do and either don't offer a solution, or offer one that's totally asinine and makes no sense.
Actually, that is very inaccurate. There are DOZENS of bills, passed by the House of Representatives, many of them to help people, that the head of the Senate won't even have looked at.

House-Passed Jobs Bills That Are Awaiting Action in the Senate | Congressman Mike Kelly

Two hydroelectric bills awaiting the President's signature.

Hydroelectric Project Regulation and Development Bills Await President Obama's Signature

There have been bills proposed by House Republicans to allow more interstate health insurance, to open more competition and drive down costs, and other bills that your precious Liberals keep shooting down. It;s asinine and makes no sense.

Old 08-29-2013, 06:16 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,296,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by siameseifyoupls View Post
He spoke in Raleigh - for a conservative black organization.
He spoke in March or April or May this year at an Urban league event.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies