Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2013, 12:05 PM

11,780 posts, read 5,792,331 times

Advertisements

Do you see the HUGE racial disparity? This should trouble all Americans. These stats show that no matter the effort of individual black Americans, there persists to be different outcomes for the same behavior.

It is inexcusable that this situation is allowed to exist, and we get people saying how black people aren't really discriminated against. They know nothing.

This is the challenge for conservatives. Systematic racial discrimination against black Americans is a fact. It stares you right in the face.

This systematic racial discrimination impacts black Americans at every level of educational attainment at roughly the same rate. The black unemployment rate is about Twice the white unemployment rate.

This is one aspect of American society that shows rampant racial discrimination that harms the lives of black Americans.

Theory is great, but what do conservatives propose to handle this travesty.

Iammee

I'm not going quote your whole post but you repeatedly ask what Conservatives plan to do to handle this problem. What have your Democratic and liberal friends done to handle the problem - nothing. America continues to dumb down even white students. Kids can't do math now unless there is a computer to help them, give the kid a passing grade in math even if he came up with the wrong answer because he tried - same with spelling and then to dumb it down even more introduce Ebonics.

Instead of the gov't getting involved again - why doesn't the black and poor white communities band together and start teaching their children the basics - responsibility, honesty and integrity. Maybe these people should keep their legs crossed and their p*ckers in their pants instead of bringing children in the world they don't want to raise. You talk about black unemployment - unfortunately due to their lack of interest in education many have few skills and those jobs were the first hit when the recession started. The kids know they can make more money on the street selling dope than working and do so as they have no sense of community.

I don't look at my friends as black , white or purple. I wasn't raised that way - but because I have a more conservative viewpoint - I'm a right-winger. I bet I have more multicultural friends than all you dems and libs on this forum combined. And you know what - my black friends are just as disgusted with the youth today. My friend just said the other day that these punks just needed a couple of hours with her mama and their tune would change. Believe me - they wouldn't stand a chance - her mama put up with no sh*t.

Old 08-29-2013, 12:09 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,584,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
This isn't theory. Those unemployment rates HURT black Americans a lot. What is the conservative plan to deal with this inequity and it is a long standing trend?
Well, for that matter, what is the liberal plan? Given that it's a "long standing trend" as you accurately describe, it has spanned republican and democrat administrations and continues to exist. It appears that neither side of the aisle has been effective so I'm not sure why we should isolate one. Given both sides' lack of succes in dealing with it, it appears that a big step would be to recognize that the solution does not appear be found the Oval Office or Congress.

Old 08-29-2013, 12:11 PM

3,620 posts, read 3,835,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Do you see the HUGE racial disparity? This should trouble all Americans. These stats show that no matter the effort of individual black Americans, there persists to be different outcomes for the same behavior.

It is inexcusable that this situation is allowed to exist, and we get people saying how black people aren't really discriminated against. They know nothing.

This is the challenge for conservatives. Systematic racial discrimination against black Americans is a fact. It stares you right in the face.

This systematic racial discrimination impacts black Americans at every level of educational attainment at roughly the same rate. The black unemployment rate is about Twice the white unemployment rate.

This is one aspect of American society that shows rampant racial discrimination that harms the lives of black Americans.

I'm not going quote your whole post but you repeatedly ask what Conservatives plan to do to handle this problem. What have your Democratic and liberal friends done to handle the problem - nothing. America continues to dumb down even white students. Kids can't do math now unless there is a computer to help them, give the kid a passing grade in math even if he came up with the wrong answer because he tried - same with spelling and then to dumb it down even more introduce Ebonics.

Instead of the gov't getting involved again - why doesn't the black and poor white communities band together and start teaching their children the basics - responsibility, honesty and integrity. Maybe these people should keep their legs crossed and their p*ckers in their pants instead of bringing children in the world they don't want to raise. You talk about black unemployment - unfortunately due to their lack of interest in education many have few skills and those jobs were the first hit when the recession started. The kids know they can make more money on the street selling dope than working and do so as they have no sense of community.

I don't look at my friends as black , white or purple. I wasn't raised that way - but because I have a more conservative viewpoint - I'm a right-winger. I bet I have more multicultural friends than all you dems and libs on this forum combined. And you know what - my black friends are just as disgusted with the youth today. My friend just said the other day that these punks just needed a couple of hours with her mama and their tune would change. Believe me - they wouldn't stand a chance - her mama put up with no sh*t.

What can one do when a white hiring manager will only hire white people?

This idea about getting a good education and making it is great, IF we are playing in a game that isn't rigged.

You admitted as a white conservative that racism and discrimination does occur, which means even if you are black and play by the rules, it doesn't really matter since you are playing a rigged game to begin with.

White conservatives I feel are afraid of getting rid of the rigged game, because they will lose the advantages they have.

If blacks and others do get equal opportunity, which again you admitted they don't, this will negatively impact whites, in terms of competition and jobs.

Old 08-29-2013, 12:11 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,296,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
We are all ears ...... what do you think that "conservatives" should do?
I guess you are saying that Democrats have been in charge of the lives of all Black people since the 1960's and have "failed" ...... what exactly would you like the Republicans to do?
That's the question right? Again systematic racial discrimination against black Americans when seeking employment is there. The objective proof is there for anyone to see it. The unemployment rate that black Americans have suffered and continue to suffer would be described in most years as a severe recession.

And this inequity impacts black Americans at every level of educational attainment. One would think that conservatives would have something to say about that, other than a lie that Democrats have been in charge of black people lives since the 1960's as if that explains anything or has any basis in reality.

This is the problem conservatives just don't give a damn and never have and so all the theories about how they are uncomfortable supporting racial discrimination policies falls in the face of the systematic racial discrimination that clearly favors white Americans over black Americans, and conservative inaction and indifference to that racial favoritism.

Old 08-29-2013, 12:14 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
What can one do when a white hiring manager will only hire white people?

This idea about getting a good education and making it is great, IF we are playing in a game that isn't rigged.

You admitted as a white conservative that racism and discrimination does occur, which means even if you are black and play by the rules, it doesn't really matter since you are playing a rigged game to begin with.

White conservatives I feel are afraid of getting rid of the rigged game, because they will lose the advantages they have.

If blacks and others do get equal opportunity, which again you admitted they don't, this will negatively impact whites, in terms of competition and jobs.
Hispanic mangers prefer other Hispanics in hiring practices also. Why doesn't that bother you?

Old 08-29-2013, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post

Iammee

Look man, I don't give a damn about all of that garbage that you spewed.

Here is reality. The black unemployment for college grads has not a damn thing to do with how you feel about all that nonsense that you spewed. It has nothing to do with ebonics or kids not doing math or poor and white black people banding together and responsibility.

Again a black people who go to college and graduate have an unemployment rate twice the unemployment rate for white people who graduate from college.

This problem happens to black people who get 2year degrees, who have some college and high school grads.

None of the nonsense you spewed explains why this problem exists or how to solve it.

This is the problem when staring systematic racial discrimination in the face, conservatives don't actually want to deal with the problem.

This systematic racial discrimination happens across the board, now the question is what do conservatives want to do about this racial discrimination?

Cause spouting that nonsense that you spouted has nothing to do with the fact that black college graduates suffer from twice the unemployment rate as white college graduates.

Old 08-29-2013, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
Well, for that matter, what is the liberal plan? Given that it's a "long standing trend" as you accurately describe, it has spanned republican and democrat administrations and continues to exist. It appears that neither side of the aisle has been effective so I'm not sure why we should isolate one. Given both sides' lack of succes in dealing with it, it appears that a big step would be to recognize that the solution does not appear be found the Oval Office or Congress.
LOLOLOL so conservatives got nothing. SMH.

Old 08-29-2013, 12:24 PM

3,620 posts, read 3,835,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Hispanic mangers prefer other Hispanics in hiring practices also. Why doesn't that bother you?
Many hispanic businesses deal with hispanic citizens in primarily hispanic communities, meaning one must be bilingual.

Also many whites will hire a white person just because of race, and 80 percent of hiring managers are white according to a 2006 study I found.

This is the rigged game I talk about. Whites in place to hire there white friends, even if they are less qualified than minority candidates.

Remove the white hiring manager(who rigs it) is the obvious answer.

Old 08-29-2013, 12:28 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,584,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
LOLOLOL so conservatives got nothing. SMH.
I see you refuse to acknowledge that the democrats have not been successful either. Can you explain what Mr. Obama has beyond rhetoric? What is the great plan that the democrats have and why are they holding out? As you say, the problem is long standing. It seems pretty mean of them to hold back on solving a long standing problem if they have the solution.

Old 08-29-2013, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
I see you refuse to acknowledge that the democrats have not been successful either. Can you explain what Mr. Obama has beyond rhetoric? What is the great plan that the democrats have and why are they holding out? As you say, the problem is long standing. It seems pretty mean of them to hold back on solving a long standing problem if they have the solution.
But we aren't discussing Democrats. I was responding to a specific poster who was making a specific point about why conservatives oppose what they oppose. I wanted to show the fraudulence of the conservative position.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies