Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 03:06 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,861,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
But he has repeatedly shown that he is not an American.

He should be executed military style. Well, a modified military style. Firing squad comprised of our best snipers. Using .22s. From a distance. With long breaks in between rounds. Medics would be available... if the shooters develop a blister.

Oh yeah, this should all be done at a pig farm. (Or is that unfair... to the pigs?)

It could take days to deliver justice.
Your anger is understandable.

Nonetheless, Hasan is an American citizen. And because we are a nation founded on law, we owe it to OURSELVES to uphold and follow the law.

Hasan has been sentenced to death by lethal injection. Military regulations require a mandatory appeal when the death penalty is imposed.

While I have zero sympathy for Mr Hasan, and I think his fantasies regarding becoming a martyr are just that, fantasies, I have absolute respect for a country that is founded on the law, and has the discipline and self-respect to uphold those laws, no matter what the provocation. We have been mightily provoked, and yet we are still a nation that adheres to its principles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2013, 03:14 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,641,738 times
I stopped reading the posts this morning, but here's what I think:

The act was labeled 'workplace violence' intentionally. After 13 people killed, the death penalty was probably seen as inevitable. I doubt their version of 'allah' rewards acts of workplace violence..haha.

If it had been labeled a terrorist attack and he's been given the death penalty, then the crazies would have had yet another martyr and added more theoretical notches on their belts.

The guy went postal; no virgins for him!
I'm glad he got the DP.

Old 08-28-2013, 03:51 PM

2,930 posts, read 2,223,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
President Obama will not be in office when the execution order will be ready. Even given Hasan's previous disinterest in putting up a defense, the automatic appeal will entail a complete review of the trial. And that will take longer than the rest of Obama's term in office.

And once again, whether the administration wants to call this a terrorist act or not, there is no rationale that you've offered for why "workplace violence" that resulted in 13 deaths and many more injuries would not warrant the death penalty. Until you can connect the dots, it would appear you haven't given this much thought.
You make statements based solely upon your own opinion. Yours is no better than anyone else's.

As for "connect(ing) the dots", you are certainly entitled to your opinion. Matters not one whit to me.

Old 08-28-2013, 03:53 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Nox View Post
Absolutely Nothing.

The Kenyan fraud will be long gone before he has to make that decision. Ooops ... did I use the word 'decision? Silly me.

El Nox
Oh great, another birfer.

Old 08-28-2013, 05:41 PM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Default Death to fort hood Shooter - Hasan!

Well, it appears he got the death penalty,, could not happen to a more evil man

FORT HOOD, Texas
A military jury on Wednesday sentenced Maj. Nidal Hasan to death for the 2009 shooting rampage at Fort Hood, handing the Army psychiatrist the ultimate punishment after a trial in which he seemed to be courting martyrdom by making almost no effort to defend himself.

Hasan Sentenced to Death for Fort Hood Shooting

Old 08-28-2013, 06:10 PM

8,051 posts, read 12,761,708 times
Good. He can call himself a martyr or a freaking unicorn for all I care. Dead is dead and that is what he needs to be as soon as possible. The scumbag committed cold blooded murder and deserves to be put down like the pig he is.

Old 08-28-2013, 06:12 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,664,841 times
Good news.

Now his supporter, Mr. 0bama of Workplace Violence fame, can jump up and give him a pardon.

Old 08-28-2013, 06:24 PM

2,055 posts, read 1,447,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Oh great, another birfer.
And your point is .... ?

El Nox

Old 08-28-2013, 06:31 PM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Good news.

Now his supporter, Mr. 0bama of Workplace Violence fame, can jump up and give him a pardon.
That brings up a question, will that attack finally be labeled a terrorist attack now?

Old 08-28-2013, 06:39 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,585,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Nidal Hassan has received the death penalty.

Fort Hood shooting jury recommends death penalty for Nidal Hasan - CNN.com

The President has no stake in this. Hassan has indicated that this is what he wants, and he has no interest in appealing. Hassan will be put to death.

Thanks for posting facts on this case.

So sick of the venting and people here stating what "they would like to happen" in a court of law.

Too many people watching HLN trash media these days, or "dr" drew. Sad commentary on the minds of some.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies