Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 10:11 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,673,547 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I'm still trying to figure out why normal everyday people worry about tv news show ratings. What's that all about?

Rachel Maddow has undoubtedly pocketed a few million bucks, and none of you have. Besides, what is her show's demise gonna do for you personally? They'll just plug another liberal in that slot, and you'll still be schlepping to a job everyday.

I watch some news shows from time to time, and I like a few of them. But I ain't losing any sleep about their ratings. I'm not getting a check from the networks.
This is nt so much a reflection of her, or MSNBC, it's more of a reflection of liberalism, and how people don't like to listen to or watch people expressing the liberal, ideological point of view.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2013, 10:13 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,171,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I'm still trying to figure out why normal everyday people worry about tv news show ratings. What's that all about?

Rachel Maddow has undoubtedly pocketed a few million bucks, and none of you have. Besides, what is her show's demise gonna do for you personally? They'll just plug another liberal in that slot, and you'll still be schlepping to a job everyday.

I watch some news shows from time to time, and I like a few of them. But I ain't losing any sleep about their ratings. I'm not getting a check from the networks.

Maddow works on a low-rated cable station. She is not getting "millions" of anything. She is not an expert that was hired for her credibility. She is probably getting scale for an entry-level anchor spot.

Old 08-28-2013, 10:14 AM

5,261 posts, read 4,153,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Try to follow along here:

Maddow spews ultra left wing bull feces.
Many on this board agree with her sentiment.
If her ratings are falling that means that less people are watching her and less people agree with her.
Talk about "fuzzy logic." Can you explain how a decline in ratings means "less people agree with her?" You do understand that people stop watching shows for many reasons, correct? There are people with whom I agree that I have no interest in watching.

Old 08-28-2013, 10:16 AM

1,137 posts, read 1,397,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
You cons won't be happy until there are no liberal voices left on the air at all.

Actually it's th eliberals who try to silence others.

Speech codes, such as those found on college campuses are liberal inventions.

Hate speech is a liberal invention.

The fairness doctrine is a liberal invention.

Old 08-28-2013, 10:16 AM

2,055 posts, read 1,447,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
Hannity should just quit on his own as a matter of honor.
Interesting response (to which I don't agree). But you did not answer the question.

El Nox

Old 08-28-2013, 10:17 AM

1,137 posts, read 1,397,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
Maddow works on a low-rated cable station. She is not getting "millions" of anything. She is not an expert that was hired for her credibility. She is probably getting scale for an entry-level anchor spot.

She doesn't even know that the constitution has a preamble.

Old 08-28-2013, 10:20 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,212,564 times
Who cares?

Old 08-28-2013, 10:23 AM

5,261 posts, read 4,153,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Nox View Post
Interesting response (to which I don't agree). But you did not answer the question.

El Nox
Which question? Would I take joy in finding out Sean Hannity quit or was fired? "Joy" is a strong word. "A pleasant surprise" would probably be more accurate.

Old 08-28-2013, 10:24 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
This is nt so much a reflection of her, or MSNBC, it's more of a reflection of liberalism, and how people don't like to listen to or watch people expressing the liberal, ideological point of view.
Yeah...uh huh...that is why the legalization of gay marriage is spreading in leaps and bounds. Also the reason that marijuana will most likely be legal everywhere in my lifetime. Not to mention the so called conservative views being supported by a Congress with an approval rating that is close to being in the single digits. Care to talk about that number? So much for your lame theory.

Old 08-28-2013, 10:26 AM

7,540 posts, read 11,569,183 times
The reason why the Rachel Maddow show ratings are slipping is most people who watch tv can not understand the info that is on her show. Shows that really dumb it down that have weird crazy retarded people on them these shows ratings are pretty high. Faux Snooze ratings are still kinda high because they target the racist gun nuts and super rich. Faux Snooze message is Obama is the devil and every thing he does is wrong republicans every thing they do is 500% right. Look and what happened after 8 yrs of Bush with less regulations and lowers taxes screwed up the economy the worst since 1929 republicans ideas never work sorry
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies