Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 01:30 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times

Advertisements

The gate will close on closeminded people. Open minds will open new gates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2013, 01:35 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,750,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Is that the reason for your unreasoned anger...a federal holiday?
who on earth is angry?

Old 08-28-2013, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
The gate will close on closeminded people. Open minds will open new gates.
so does that mean you are open to accepting how overrated these people are? or do you think being open minded is going hand in hand with your beliefs?

Old 08-28-2013, 01:41 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,661,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
where was I wrong? using emoticons only strengthens my observations. you missed my view on MLK though. he's a soundbite that happened to be caught on camera during the golden age of television.

Are you fishing with dynamite? Or just throwing gasoline on our Martin Luther King campfire?
Hope you head doesn't explode after I say this;

MLK, just like President Obama is an inspiration to millions of people all over the world. Using your logic, All Jesus Christ ever did was show up, make some speeches and have dinner with his posse and he made the all time famous list. Was also killed before his time too. Why not a black orator who inspired millions of blacks?

Old 08-28-2013, 01:44 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,109,663 times
Quote:
this is a tsunami of overratedness. what kind of person would go listen to a dolt, give a speech at a memorial for a war criminal, honoring a guy who's only accomplishment in life was having a speech recorded on video? why are we basically shutting down a city to celebrate a guy who said some stuff into a microphone? although, I was in DC today, and didn't notice any crowds.

Then why on earth would you care enough to whine about it?

Old 08-28-2013, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Hope you head doesn't explode after I say this;

MLK, just like President Obama is an inspiration to millions of people all over the world. Using your logic, All Jesus Christ ever did was show up, make some speeches and have dinner with his posse and he made the all time famous list. Was also killed before his time too. Why not a black orator who inspired millions of blacks?
frederick douglass was MLK decades before it was trendy to stand up for civil rights. he was smarter, and most say a better speaker. why do we celebrate MLK and not frederick douglass? because one was on TV. obama might have inspired 3 people in 2008, but now he is just war mongering. no clue about jesus. that was way before TV.

Old 08-28-2013, 01:45 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times
Quote:
and why is that? you can't have opinions about historical figures? I think the pot is calling the kettle black here. evolution means thinking exactly as you? get over yourself.
Why is that? REALLY? If you do not know why, and you saying that MLK was a sound bite proves it, then you are beyond any abilty to learn. You are who you are and I, for one, do not waste my time attempting to educate those that do not have the ability to learn because their minds are stuck on hold by choice.

Old 08-28-2013, 01:46 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,459,160 times
everytime i hear obama talk one word comes to mind "fake"

Old 08-28-2013, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Then why on earth would you care enough to whine about it?
I just want to know what kind of idiots show up to things like this. unemployed? just bored? who are these people?

Old 08-28-2013, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Why is that? REALLY? If you do not know why, and you saying that MLK was a sound bite proves it, then you are beyond any abilty to learn. You are who you are and I, for one, do not waste my time attempting to educate those that do not have the ability to learn because their minds are stuck on hold by choice.
yes. MLK is a soundbite. it's not really debatable. perhaps you should waste your time on more words, and less emoticons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies