Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 02:41 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,249,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctk0p7 View Post
You are all the proof anyone needs. Just like many of the other white trash sitting in their trailer houses thinking of ways to trash talk minorities. I see racism first hand, and know what some white people say when minorities aren't around. You see, I'm a white male, from Texas, drive a truck, wear my camo hat, hunt, and fish. So other white people are very comfortable in saying what they really think around me. So I know how racist people are, and you fit the very profile of one.
Unfortunately, I can't rep you again. But......exactly. Thanks for your input.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2013, 02:41 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,746,641 times
Quote:
You are all the proof anyone needs. Just like many of the other white trash sitting in their trailer houses thinking of ways to trash talk minorities. I see racism first hand, and know what some white people say when minorities aren't around. You see, I'm a white male, from Texas, drive a truck, wear my camo hat, hunt, and fish. So other white people are very comfortable in saying what they really think around me. So I know how racist people are, and you fit the very profile of one.
so you don't have any proof of racism. I also live in an apartment. did you just racially profile me?

Old 08-28-2013, 02:43 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,153,884 times
Quote:
Something I've said for a long time as a person who grew up and has lived in mostly rural areas all his life. When white people think it's safe, some of the vilest, most racist things come out of their mouths.

Old 08-28-2013, 02:44 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
I know what you say. I'm fair Native American and can pass for white all of my life. I have empathy for the African American as the other minority most discriminated against by the white ruling class has been the Native American so I know what they go through.
True, I grew up with four Native American friends, I was shocked the first time I saw my fellow whites treat them like they treated blacks, no racisim ever made any sense to me, there is no logic in it, it is how I have learned that racists hate everyone that are not of their special color.

Old 08-28-2013, 02:46 PM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
no. I was right. he is the end product of someone being on television. do you think JFK is remembered fondly for being a good president? no. he was remembered because he was one of the first ones on TV. both of their legacies are blown out of proportion because both were murdered.
Dr. King was on TV for a reason. He was doing things. Dr. King was murdered because he was pushing for change.

Old 08-28-2013, 02:49 PM

577 posts, read 512,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
LOL,
You could have been describing me there and I know exactly what you mean, since we look like them they think we think like them, it is because they judge people by their looks and not by their character. The stuff I have heard coming from "good white folks" would make some people ill just to hear it said out loud.
Exactly! I love the conversations that start with "i'm not racist, i have black friends" anyone saying that and having to think about how they are defending themselves from being called racist.....well here's your sign, you are racist.

Old 08-28-2013, 02:52 PM

5,466 posts, read 4,420,766 times
Quote:
Exactly! I love the conversations that start with "i'm not racist, i have black friends" anyone saying that and having to think about how they are defending themselves from being called racist.....well here's your sign, you are racist.
Ok, lets segregate so you won't have to hear that anymore.

Old 08-28-2013, 02:53 PM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
Ok, lets segregate so you won't have to hear that anymore.
Is that what you really want?

Old 08-28-2013, 02:56 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,657,742 times
After reasoned thought, I feel I must thank lionsgater for starting this thread. This thread has provided a perfect forum for highlighting the exact principles that Martin Luther King fought for and the attitudes and mindset he fought against. It showcases the prevalence of those same attitudes today. We, as an equal nation, have a long way to go.........maybe another 50 years..........I don't know.

Old 08-28-2013, 02:57 PM

5,466 posts, read 4,420,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Is that what you really want?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctk0p7
At least ctk0p7 won't have to hear anyone saying "I have a black friend" anymore since they are annoyed by it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies