Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2013, 04:43 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK78 View Post
If people got paid commensurate to the ratios of cost of living vs. inflation adjusted back to the 60's and 70's they would be in less debt, buy more products and require much less in government assistance.

I suppose your idea of fair is for the top elite to just own everything and everyone else live like the Cratchet's or Calcutta Indians.
I do not equate "fair" with wages.

You have to earn what you earn.
I did the McDonald's route..at 16 for a few years.
I didn't stay there and have kids and wonder why "they" didn't give me more money.

The US is the land of opportunity, not the land of handouts.
And people here classify min wage workers as middle class ?
See..globalization has lowered our standards.

Old 08-29-2013, 04:44 PM

1,720 posts, read 1,315,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Besides amnesty create a new W visa for foreign workers and double the H1-B visa cap and the other worker visas. This is in the Senate bill that passed.
The US will be flooded with legal foreign workers once amnesty passes.
And as I've said in other places if you research my posts the United States government is a banker occupied bought and paid for criminal enterprise, period, end of sentence.

What can be done about it is the million dollar question.

Old 08-29-2013, 04:48 PM

1,728 posts, read 1,776,862 times
$15 Min wage=Stampede across southern border

Old 08-29-2013, 04:51 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,779,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boner View Post
Northward by workers, southward by employers.

Old 08-29-2013, 04:51 PM

577 posts, read 512,041 times
Quote:

I didn't stay there and have kids and wonder why "they" didn't give me more money.

I think he was just saying that the ratio of who is left taking care of those lowest paid workers has gotten out of balance, in favor of business. Increasingly the taxpayers have taken on more of a burden, and less on business, compared to past levels.

Old 08-29-2013, 04:52 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,041,277 times
Quote:

Isn't your employer responsible for your bills?

Old 08-29-2013, 04:52 PM

1,720 posts, read 1,315,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
Correction:

Fast food workers in certain cities, none of which are in Texas, want raises.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'trickle up' , but it is a moot point. I said nothing whatsoever about the effects of raising these wages.

They aren't striking for minimum wage laws. They are striking for their employers to give them higher pay.

I never said that this was the case.

It seems like every comment you make , you deviate further and further from the point of my comment (the comment of mine you responded to).

My point is that the REAL conflict here is between the ultra-wealthy and the rest of society. The middle class only feels threatened / offended by this because middle class wages are so low -- the middle class shouldn't actually care what Shaniqua makes -- the middle class should actually be supporting this strike, and doing the same thing themselves by fighting for higher wages.

Every day, there is more money circulating in the economy that is being skimmed off the top by the rich. They get wealthier and wealthier because of our stupid pro-banking, pro-finance, anti-labor class warfare policies. Wages SHOULD be rising for everyone in this country, along with prices, but they aren't.
Repped!!! Well said!!!

Old 08-29-2013, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boner View Post
And they can do it legally now by claiming they are seeking asylum and are refugees from the Mexican cartels. And the US is letting them in. Asylum requests from Mexico up 250%.

Old 08-29-2013, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctk0p7 View Post
I think he was just saying that the ratio of who is left taking care of those lowest paid workers has gotten out of balance, in favor of business. Increasingly the taxpayers have taken on more of a burden, and less on business, compared to past levels.
We have the richest poor in the world.

We have taken on this burden. We did this to ourselves.
Fed poverty line at 400%..that's $60K a year salary qualifying for means tested welfare.

Who would have ever thought that someone making $60K a year qualifies for means tested government subsidies ?

We are refusing to acknowledge our decline and adjust and adapt to it.
We will end up facing the hard reality one day just like Greece did.
We have a printing press so it will take us longer.

Old 08-29-2013, 05:00 PM

2,040 posts, read 2,457,746 times
This whole idea is absurd!

These are entry level jobs kids get as their first job and learn responsibility.

They aren't supposed to be for adults raising families or anything.

Didn't anyone here ever deliver newspapers when they were s kid? Should they pay paperboys a living wage as opposed to 5 cents per paper?

My Son worked fast food when he was a high schooler. It taught him to be responsible and to be on time....what he learned was WAY beyond his paycheck!

Posted with TapaTalk
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies