Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2013, 12:33 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Interestingly, it didn't seem to go down here at all.
Everything seemed open, based on all the cars I saw coming and going.
The union (SEIU) helped organize this and fund it and provide training.
They didn't do anything in right to work states.

Old 08-30-2013, 12:34 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
You don't need to do that. Kiosks will be replacing cashiers soon enough.

McDonald's orders 7,000 touchscreen kiosks to replace cashiers - Neowin
And ultimately WHERE will customers come from when they have no jobs and earn no money and cannot waste a single dollar on the cheap fast food? No, I don't think the wealthy are going to start eating at fast food places so often that they will make up for the revenue loss after most of the poor have no jobs at all. These greedy "managers" of these companies are just working themselves out of a job and their companies out of customers.

Old 08-30-2013, 12:35 PM

6,230 posts, read 6,923,078 times
It's only a small minority of McDonalds workers engaging in the strike. Most people who work at McDonalds only see it as a "stop gap" job and don't plan on working the rest of their lives there. The only people who get stuck working fast food for life are the mentally retarded or those too lazy/stupid to improve themselves.

Old 08-30-2013, 12:36 PM

5,466 posts, read 4,422,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
No. It tells intelligent people that there has been a huge change in this country and "high-wage" jobs are few and far between. What part of the information, that people with college degrees are having to take these sorts of jobs because there are not enough jobs out there for people with "high skill sets" and intelligent enough to have University/College degrees, do you not understand?
Thank Democrats and Obama for the lack of jobs. So how's those shovel ready jobs working out? I thought government helps build that (small business)?

It's amazing how Democrats continue to go after businesses then cry and scream when businesses don't hire. How's taxing them to hell working out for you?

Old 08-30-2013, 12:37 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,787,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Interestingly, it didn't seem to go down here at all.
Everything seemed open, based on all the cars I saw coming and going.
If you go to Salon or HuffPo they say that tens of thousands took to the streets... yet LA Times, Daily Caller, and many main stream news sources are being a little more honest about it.

USA Today did a big expose and many of their images were like these... trying to make 5-10 strikers look like a massive crowd. I didn't see one strike in my area yesterday. Plenty of patrons in the FF joints though. Seems the HS and College kids (in this area) enjoy their $8hr shoe-money jobs.

5,466 posts, read 4,422,314 times
Quote:
And ultimately WHERE will customers come from when they have no jobs and earn no money and cannot waste a single dollar on the cheap fast food? No, I don't think the wealthy are going to start eating at fast food places so often that they will make up for the revenue loss after most of the poor have no jobs at all. These greedy "managers" of these companies are just working themselves out of a job and their companies out of customers.
Greedy managers? As I said, if you can do a better job, pay a better wage, tell Obama to help you build it and buy you a franchise. Until then don't whine about things you know nothing about.

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
Thank Democrats and Obama for the lack of jobs. So how's those shovel ready jobs working out? I thought government helps build that (small business)?

It's amazing how Democrats continue to go after businesses then cry and scream when businesses don't hire. How's taxing them to hell working out for you?
They want to tax business even more so they can get higher wages and better benefits

8,560 posts, read 6,407,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The union (SEIU) helped organize this and fund it and provide training.
They didn't do anything in right to work states.
Why in the world would anyone waste one penny or one minute in Texas for any reason? Although there seem to be a large number of poor people in Texas, clearly many Texans seem to hate the poor and hate anything which would help those poor people pull themselves up into a more life-sustaining lifestyle.

Old 08-30-2013, 12:38 PM

78,409 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Do you have any clue whatsoever as to what you support and are advocating?? The rich company owners (the kings & queens in our world today) have a very loyal subject in you; it's unfortunate that they could not possibly care less about you or other people like you. But you continue to support their lives of endless luxuries provided for them on the backs of the "serfs."
The US consumer long ago clearly made the point that they want things cheap and if that means buying non-US, non-union....they don't give a crap.

If it makes you feel better to blame the "kings and queens" when it's really a consumer driven economy full of serfs that don't care about the other serfs then go for it. I realize it's often an uncomfortable narrative for idealists.

I don't disagree with some of your other points about the dangers of unfettered capitalism, I just also know reality.

Old 08-30-2013, 12:38 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I'm not sure what this has to do with my point. I wasn't saying that the immigrants wont work.
Well, what did you mean by this, below, then? Are you saying you wouldn't do it, or what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
This is true. We are told that we have to allow illegal immigration because people refuse to work these jobs. That certainly wasn't the case when I was younger.

Landscaping? Forget that.....too hard and you have to actually go outside to do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies