Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2013, 01:25 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,668,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
I hope there is plenty of popcorn available for when Obama presents his case to the Senate seeing as how they are going to have to watch a ton of "evidence".
I bet Assad and his regime are quivering in their boots now after hearing Obama's speech. He must have really scared them now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2013, 01:26 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,778,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
OMG.....please......tell me this is a joke. It's a joke right?
Not a joke. Kerry referenced "thousands" of videos as evidence in his speech. One of the reliable sources of proof. Just like the photo that was used on half screen of the bodies of dead Syrians, only it was a photo taken in 2003 of dead Iraqis.

Old 08-31-2013, 01:27 PM

1,285 posts, read 2,355,887 times
I am not in favor of Syria intervention/attack. Most Americans arent so I hope congress listens when voting.

Old 08-31-2013, 01:28 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,436,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Not a joke. Kerry referenced "thousands" of videos as evidence in his speech. One of the reliable sources of proof. Just like the photo that was used on half screen of the bodies of dead Syrians, only it was a photo taken in 2003 of dead Iraqis.
We're being lied to and they don't even care if they are ousted.

Old 08-31-2013, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Obama is always playing chess, while the GOP....well, they're just dumb.
You must be thinking of someone else. Obama is always playing golf.

Old 08-31-2013, 01:33 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,236,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
We're being lied to and they don't even care if they are ousted.
If you think so.
We need more armchair Monday morning quarterbacks.
Just like 19 March 2003, and we all swallowed it hook, line and sinker.

Old 08-31-2013, 01:38 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,436,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
If you think so.
We need more armchair Monday morning quarterbacks.
Just like 19 March 2003, and we all swallowed it hook, line and sinker.
Doctors without Borders was there on the ground.
Why would they lie when they said 355 died ?

Where's Kerry's proof that it was 1400+ ?

Old 08-31-2013, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I agree, the Senate will support action, the House will either vote anti-war or for Obama, that's going to be a hard call for the Repubs. But hey, maybe you will be able to hear between the lines there.
Oh, my, bob. "hear between the lines??" I believe you meant "read between the lines". That's going to be up to the Senate to listen very closely. Obama may not be a lawyer any more, and I believe he would have made a great one. He has the uncanny ability to say a lot, I mean a lot, that has the appearance of having substance, yet he says nothing at all. And if you don't pay attention, he can leave the listener or his audience confused.

The House will either vote anti-war or for Obama. What other options do you think they would have?

This is a problem with his followers. They take in everything he says as fact and truth, they never question what he says, and they run with it.

Old 08-31-2013, 01:41 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,211,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
It could have been Assad too.
I'm guessing the only way to find out is to be on the ground there to find out because at this point in time, it's a pretty safe guess to say nobody knows for sure. I sure don't know if Obama is receiving intelligence from reliable sources or not. We've been there and done that before I believe, you know, faulty or doctored intelligence.

Please tex, we're not invading anything, and probably won't, it'll be airstrikes, missiles from ships or drones.
So an attack with airstrikes and drones. International law recognizes a nations airspace. That said should any country be allowed to launch airstrikes and drones against another? Should Russia be allowed to do it to us because they disagree with us attacking Syria?

Old 08-31-2013, 01:42 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,810,437 times
well; he is going to congress with his evidence and plan ;so if they approve then I will support the action has necessary. now. Should have gone this long ago tho and his policies need to be review as this is so common with this administration .France and turkey are on board and congress if convinced needs to act has they approved the treaty against such chemical use, the UN as usual is useless in enforcing anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies