Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2013, 06:39 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bludy-L View Post
When it comes to Obama or race....pretty much the opposite of anything you say.

Posted with TapaTalk
Gimme an example of what i said that's the opposite of the truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2013, 06:57 PM

2,040 posts, read 2,457,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Gimme an example of what i said that's the opposite of the truth.
Obama didn't change the welfare law signed by Bill Clinton effectively gutting the work requirement. Even Democrats admit it. The people why wrote it say so.

The entire world agrees he did, but you.

I got lots more, but it's not worth it with you. All I'll get is semantics and obfuscation to avoid saying the truth from you.

Posted with TapaTalk

Old 08-30-2013, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Obama didn't change the welfare law signed by Bill Clinton effectively gutting the work requirement. Even Democrats admit it. The people why wrote it say so.

The entire world agrees he did, but you.

I got lots more, but it's not worth it with you. All I'll get is semantics and obfuscation to avoid saying the truth from you.

Posted with TapaTalk
So Obama DIDN'T change the welfare law signed by Bill Clinton? But the entire world agrees that he DID? Except me of course?

WTF are you even talking about?

That bottle in your medicine cabinet? Yeah...those. Take 'em...regularly.

Old 08-30-2013, 07:44 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
I for one am happy about Ford's decision. This is an example of a success in spite of poor DC leadership on both sides of the aisle.
As for the argument about the quality of American made cars in the 70's and 80's. Everyone has an opinion.
When I was first hired by the company I work for they gave a class about quality. WE produce only premium products and charge a premium price.
They gave a class about an American car company that decided to buy Carbs from a Japanese auto company for their 4 cal. engines. The Japanese company was given the specs. They were allowed a 12% off quality rate. The japanese shipped the carbs in 2 shipments. 88% in one and 12% in the other. The US company allegedly had never seen such quality control.
The old wisdom of never buy a car made on Monday or friday comes to mind.
My friend bought a brand new Jeep wrangler back in 1993. Under the carpet was loose unused pop rivets painted over.
I like Toyota trucks. I have been a toyota guy since 1994 when I traded in my ford Ranger on one. The fit and finish, paint job and reliability blew the ranger of the road.
The japanese cars allegedly had issues with rusting out. Not any that I ever owned, but then I actually wash my vehicles more than twice a year.
I have seen great running American vehicles especially full sized trucks.

Old 08-30-2013, 08:13 PM

2,040 posts, read 2,457,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
So Obama DIDN'T change the welfare law signed by Bill Clinton? But the entire world agrees that he DID? Except me of course?

WTF are you even talking about?

That bottle in your medicine cabinet? Yeah...those. Take 'em...regularly.
You asked for an example. Then you play games when confronted with an example.

Right on cue......thanks for the confirmation.

Posted with TapaTalk

Old 08-30-2013, 08:22 PM

Quote:
You asked for an example. Then you play games when confronted with an example.

Right on cue......thanks for the confirmation.

Posted with TapaTalk
LMAO...what example? You contradicted your own assertion within one post.

Besides, when did i say something about the Welfare Bill?

Old 08-30-2013, 09:32 PM

219 posts, read 657,945 times
Not sure what is going on in this thread any more... but my mother drives a Fusion. Big ole "MANUFACTURED IN MEXICO" under the hood. I'll take Detroit over Mexico personally. Pretty reliable cars though regardless.

Old 08-31-2013, 12:40 AM

14,773 posts, read 21,486,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
The unionized American auto worker killed the American automobile industry 30 years ago.

The American cars were junk.

Poor quality, drinking, smoking weed during breaks were the norm.

Unions protected them, but helped in destroying America's dominance.

Quality improved when the auto makers went to right to work states because there was accountability.

There is no accountability with unions.
What are you talking about?
The Auto Industry is sill around....

Old 08-31-2013, 12:43 AM

14,773 posts, read 21,486,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
LOLOLOL you reveal so much about yourself with that answer. conservatives can't help themselves. I mention majority black towns, cities, villages, districts, and what do you think of? Crime ridden neighborhoods or as you call it the "hood". SMH.

Your answer perfectly illustrates that conservatives don't give a damn about any majority black city.

Thanks.
Think you just have a strange race obsession...

Old 08-31-2013, 12:06 PM

600 posts, read 659,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc5156 View Post
Why bring race into this? Stupidity perhaps?
because race is at the center or close to it, in many of the political issues confronting America!

ask yourself why the south went from solidly blue to crimson red after the beginning of the Civil Rights movement and Nixon's 'southern strategy'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies