Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2013, 08:27 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,741,984 times

Advertisements

To think that the decline in work force participation is due to boomers retiring... nobody is that stupid... but it is the only thing liberals can come up with...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2013, 08:29 AM

46,001 posts, read 34,991,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
To me, the liberals are the most serious threat, they are willing to sell you bad apples so they can get more money which they hope will turn into more power... they will cover it with handouts to sell it to you... a person with that kind of ethics is what attracts the most people... people love their handouts... you stop handouts, the liberals will go extinct...
Interesting, to me, Cons seem willing to sell our rights to the highest bidding corporation and and let them dump whatever toxic chemical they want into our drinking water to increase their profits.

Old 08-30-2013, 08:29 AM
bUU

12,077 posts, read 10,648,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
When liberal policy fails, the liberal will not understand that the premise was flawed, but immediately suggest that the failure was due to not going far enough!
When antisocial policy fails, the antisocial partisan will not understand that addressing the basic needs of those less fortunate is more important than the antisocial partisan's additional discretionary purchases.

Two can play the game of posting pointlessly partisan vitriol.

If you really don't like liberal policies then why not do what is necessary to flood the labor market with so many living wage jobs that liberals wouldn't have any reason to seek policy solutions?

I didn't think so.

Old 08-30-2013, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
You guys are so full of it! I still have a few years to go and hubby would like to retire at 62 1/2 but can't because we can't afford to. I lost my job 3 yrs ago and have yet to find full time employment even outside my field. Benefits - that's a joke.

There were no pension plans - our 401Ks will not last for 20 yrs as we had expenses like paying off the house, college loans ect. We don't qualify for welfare, food stamps, Heat assistance, ect.... and there are more and more middle class like us - black and white - so quit lying trying to dig His Holiness ( for you libs ) out of the hole he has dug himself.
A con would tell you tough luck, it is your own fault for getting into this situation and you should never come to them to ask for help. So go pull yourself up by your bootstraps and take any job out there.

Old 08-30-2013, 08:42 AM

29,927 posts, read 18,483,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
When antisocial policy fails, the antisocial partisan will not understand that addressing the basic needs of those less fortunate is more important than the antisocial partisan's additional discretionary purchases.

Two can play the game of posting pointlessly partisan vitriol.

If you really don't like liberal policies then why not do what is necessary to flood the labor market with so many living wage jobs that liberals wouldn't have any reason to seek policy solutions?

I didn't think so.

"Flood the labor market with so many living wage jobs.............."?

Hilarious

You see, "jobs" are created by making an environment suitable and favorable for private economic growth. Liberal policies are like "economic roundup", which stifles job growth. What can be done? All of the things that liberals oppose-

1. cut corporate taxes
2. corporate consumption tax which rewards net exporters
3. oppose illegal immigration, which drives down US wages
4. renegotiate NAFTA and China most favored nation trade status (Clinton's "gift")
5. defund Obamacare
6. Muzzle the EPA and the trial lawyers association
7. allow energy exploration on federal lands and offshore
8. balanced budget amendment

Your false "sympathy" prepetuates the misery of the unemployed and the poor. Wake up

Old 08-30-2013, 08:55 AM
bUU

12,077 posts, read 10,648,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
What can be done? All of the things that liberals oppose-
In other words, you are in favor of letting the poor people "die in the streets" while the affluent double economic inequality yet again.

Your way is untrustworthy. I think the people you'd give more financial power to would just exploit every additional bit of power your policy directions would give them and make the situation worse faster for those less fortunate. Those people who would gain more financial power, following your path, have given every indication, for more than a couple of generations, that that is their intention.

You cannot be blind to this, so I have to assume that you're promoting it because you favor it, and because you believe it benefits you. Well good for you, but it self-enrichment like this is a very immoral perspective to promote.

Old 08-30-2013, 08:56 AM

46,175 posts, read 26,834,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Interesting, to me, Cons seem willing to sell our rights to the highest bidding corporation and and let them dump whatever toxic chemical they want into our drinking water to increase their profits.
LOL....care to show us where any rightie has stated the bold part above? Or is that another lock step leftist lie?

Old 08-30-2013, 09:01 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,741,984 times
The leftist lie and deceive... that's the only way they can win...

Old 08-30-2013, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
LOL....care to show us where any rightie has stated the bold part above? Or is that another lock step leftist lie?
Hawkeye just gave you an example when he said muzzle the EPA. Who do you think goes after corporations that want to pour toxic waste into your drinking water to increase their profits?

Old 08-30-2013, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
The leftist lie and deceive... that's the only way they can win...
And the cons misdirect and blame everyone else when their own ideas go wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies