Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which of these two side-by-side McDonalds would you make a habit of patronizing?
The one with "normal" McDonalds prices and wages 81 56.64%
The one with prices $.50 to $1.00 more than "normal", and paid wages of $15.00/hour 62 43.36%
Voters: 143. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2013, 07:48 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,028,546 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
If they were side by side, I would pick the cheaper of the two.
I would move out of that human feedlot pronto,no we don't have one here and never will. That junk ain't food
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2013, 07:49 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,644,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
The 4 people who voted the higher price alternative:

Bull****.
It's just sad that you can't even fathom that some people would pay a $1 more so that a person can enjoy a much higher quality of life. Maybe you are so destitute that you have to pinch every penny. I have worked hard my entire life and am now somewhat comfortable. Personally, I can think of no better use of my excess cash than to end wage slavery.

Old 08-29-2013, 08:03 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,276,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
It's just sad that you can't even fathom that some people would pay a $1 more so that a person can enjoy a much higher quality of life.
Most wouldn't. So probably you'd have to pay *significantly* more to support em, because altruistic people like you who want to use their money to make a point or make yourself feel better or make someone's day would be few and far between.

Old 08-29-2013, 08:26 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
It should, yes, absolutely.
and that is why the minimum wage will never be tied to the rate of inflation.

Old 08-29-2013, 08:32 PM

37,174 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
I'm still waiting for someone to tell me why my 19 year old son's girlfriend, who lives with her parents, will be starting her career in the Air Force in a few months, and who is currently working at Arby's should be getting paid $15 per hour for punching buttons. She doesn't need a "living wage" (which is a completely BS term). She has no expenses - she doesn't even have a car.

That same 19 year old son is currently employed by the business I own with his mother. We pay him minimum wage, on the books. We would have to fire our own son if we were suddenly forced to pay him nearly twice what he's getting paid now.

You guys are ridiculous. Keep on painting your little signs and protesting the small businessman who put everything on the line to buy a franchise and start his small business. You people have NO FREAKING CLUE what that's like, the economics behind it or what we, the small business owners, can and can't afford to do. The mere fact that you're calling for a $15/hr minimum wage demonstrates how MONUMENTALLY STUPID you are.

Nuts.
If he isn't worth twice minimum wage, he probably isn't worth minimum wage. You need to go ahead and let him move on to a real job and support himself. I went to work for UPS unloading trucks at night when I was 17 and paid for an apartment and put myself through school. They paid $12 an hour in 1970 to unload trucks, and they are doing just fine today. A driver currently working for UPS would be hard pressed not to retire as a millionaire with their thrift plan.

Old 08-29-2013, 08:39 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,594,911 times
**** Mcdonald's................JITB is fast food for the masses.

Old 08-29-2013, 08:42 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
You guys are ridiculous. Keep on painting your little signs and protesting the small businessman who put everything on the line to buy a franchise and start his small business. You people have NO FREAKING CLUE what that's like, the economics behind it or what we, the small business owners, can and can't afford to do. The mere fact that you're calling for a $15/hr minimum wage demonstrates how MONUMENTALLY STUPID you are.
Oh swagger, you're my hero! Your bravery in the face of horrendous persecution sends a tingle up my leg.

Every day, putting it "all on the line" for us peasants to enjoy your product is grounds for sainthood!

Thank you! Thank you, from the bottom of my undeserving heart.

Old 08-29-2013, 08:49 PM

1,028 posts, read 1,881,259 times
Anyone choosing current nr. 1 will not enter kingdom of God.

Old 08-29-2013, 08:55 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jews for Jesus View Post
Anyone choosing current nr. 1 will not enter kingdom of God.
Easy there my Biblical comrade. Don't start a holy war over a Happy Meal.

Old 08-29-2013, 11:09 PM

5 posts, read 3,374 times
I prefer (C), normal prices and wages plus tip jars.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies