Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which of these two side-by-side McDonalds would you make a habit of patronizing?
The one with "normal" McDonalds prices and wages 81 56.64%
The one with prices $.50 to $1.00 more than "normal", and paid wages of $15.00/hour 62 43.36%
Voters: 143. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2013, 11:14 PM

5 posts, read 3,374 times

Advertisements

On the whole I would expect a higher quality of employee at the store paying $15 per hour. An actual experiment would be interesting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2013, 11:16 PM

5 posts, read 3,374 times
oops

Old 08-29-2013, 11:28 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Meh...the question is silly. For one, no two Mickey D's would be right next door to each other.

If i want Mick D's bad enough i'll pay the extra dollar or half dollar. What they pay their employees isn't my business.

Old 08-29-2013, 11:48 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,196,672 times
15 bucks an hour to stand behind a counter push a few buttons and look at a LED/LCD screen to tell them how much change the customer is due?

Old 08-30-2013, 12:13 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jews for Jesus View Post
Anyone choosing current nr. 1 will not enter kingdom of God.
and you know this how? is there a passage in the bible that says you must go to the higher priced micky ds because they pay their employees more? and if you dont you will burn in hell? i havent seen anything like that in the bible.

Old 08-30-2013, 12:27 AM

9,982 posts, read 13,760,768 times
Seems to me that all sorts of people choose to frequent Starbucks for a cup o joe, even though Starbucks has pays its folks pretty well.

Old 08-30-2013, 12:36 AM

3,022 posts, read 2,273,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
I'm still waiting for someone to tell me why my 19 year old son's girlfriend, who lives with her parents, will be starting her career in the Air Force in a few months, and who is currently working at Arby's should be getting paid $15 per hour for punching buttons. She doesn't need a "living wage" (which is a completely BS term). She has no expenses - she doesn't even have a car.

That same 19 year old son is currently employed by the business I own with his mother. We pay him minimum wage, on the books. We would have to fire our own son if we were suddenly forced to pay him nearly twice what he's getting paid now.

You guys are ridiculous. Keep on painting your little signs and protesting the small businessman who put everything on the line to buy a franchise and start his small business. You people have NO FREAKING CLUE what that's like, the economics behind it or what we, the small business owners, can and can't afford to do. The mere fact that you're calling for a $15/hr minimum wage demonstrates how MONUMENTALLY STUPID you are.

Nuts.

Old 08-30-2013, 12:39 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,368,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke_Jaguar4 View Post
It's why people buy coffee at Starbucks despite costing 3x at a convenience store.
No it isn't. People buy coffee at Starbucks because they think it's hip and trendy, they can get their double tall triple mocha, caramel swirl jujubee grande there, and the coffee is/was better than the bilge at 7-11. I don't believe any significant percentage of customers go to Starbucks because they pay the employees more.

If people cared how much the employees made Wal Mart would go out of business and clearly that isn't happening anytime soon.

Old 08-30-2013, 12:52 AM

6,230 posts, read 6,923,078 times
Since we are now a service based economy the majority of jobs created will be low paying fast food and retail positions. High paying jobs are few in number and are extremely competitive. The sad truth is the majority of people will be stuck in jobs that pay less than $15 an hour.

That said Costco and Starbucks tend to attract and operate in more affluent areas so they have more money to throw around. It's much different from trashy walmart or your local McDonalds with the bulletproof glass counter.

Old 08-30-2013, 12:53 AM

252 posts, read 264,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Which of these two identical, side-by-side McDonalds with equal quality food, service etc. would you make a habit of patronizing?

(a) The one with "normal" McDonalds prices and wages

(b) The one where each food item and drink cost $.50 to $1.00 more than "normal", and paid $15.00/hr?

You didn't think the wages that today's "strikers" are demanding, were going to come for free, did you?
I am sure someone has said this, as I have not read all the threads, but the hypothetical question posed doesn't do any work. You cannot change a variable in a system and say the other values will not change. That would refute a great deal that we understand about our world. It truly is a nonsense, upnhillisophical, unrevealing question in regards to the spending habits of humans. It may offer a small fraction of a glimpse into the way that you think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies