Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2013, 04:35 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,320,851 times

Advertisements

[quote=fortwashingtonkid;31223977]Unwavering liberals are brainwashed. So are members of the extreme religious right. Normal conservatives are not the religious right. There are plenty of wingnut idiots out there to laugh at.

Liberals concentrate more on how people think of them. Their image. Being cool. Conservatives don't usually care about those things. I am firmly convinced that a lot of people become liberals because they think it's not accepted by the cool people to be a conservative. Then there are blacks and Hispanics who are demo because they are brainwashed at an early age. That and they believe white liberals actually care about them.

So, blacks and Latinos are brainwashed into being liberals at an early age? Really?? Do you really think that anyone with half of a brain would want to support a group of people that constantly demonizes them to appeal to the racist and ignorant portions of their fanbase. Like I mentioned before, it is not like blacks and latinos believe in the democratic party but since there are only two, it is the lesser of the two evils.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2014, 03:06 PM

1 posts, read 695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
......and some of those professors are WAY out there. One of the girls in the group is a poli sci major. On break one day, she's telling me that in college, the professor basically taught them that Israel took all of the land from the Palestinians, and routinely kills the Palestinians for no apparent reason.

She wasn't joking, and she believed it.
Wow, that is Way Way out there!! Way

Old 01-27-2014, 03:29 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,036,704 times
It isnt just Jon Lebowitz, its all of Hollywood. They knowingly and willingly target youth in an effort to ram their agenda into their heads.

Old 01-27-2014, 08:17 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,932,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I keep hearing this hear about college kids which I don't understand. The college kids I know or have know have always been aware of politics and what's going on with our country. Does this have do with what states you live in or something.
I think young people are very underestimated. Though this demographic can very more widely.

Old 01-27-2014, 08:25 PM

2,172 posts, read 1,453,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
It isnt just Jon Lebowitz, its all of Hollywood. They knowingly and willingly target youth in an effort to ram their agenda into their heads.
You mean like the excellent "Act of Valor" which featured live ammo and actual Navy Seals?
Or "Lone Survivor" that recreates Marcus Luttrell's epic true story?
Or "Saving Private Ryan"? "Flags of our Fathers"?
Tell that to Hal Moore when they made "We Were Soldiers".

Old 01-27-2014, 08:32 PM

2,226 posts, read 2,103,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaPirate355 View Post
I don't watch The Daily Show very often as I feel the show is little on the preachy side, and to be honest, I don't find Jon Stewart to be very funny to begin with. However I often wonder how many people often base their views off of what is presented to them by Stewart, and how many use him (along with Colbert) as their "news" sources.

I notice that a lot of young college age kids tend to watch him the most, this is his target audience. I also notice that most of them don't really understand political issues all that well, and they often cite Jon Stewart as one of, if not the main reason why they voted for Obama. I also notice that they usually have a misinformed view of Republicans and Conservatives, they think we're racists and all old white rich people. Anyone who lives in reality knows this isn't true at all, but I feel that Jon Stewart is at least somewhat responsible for these people's misinformed views.

I know you can say "but Jon makes fun of both sides'', while this is true, it's not entirely true. 90% of the time Stewart makes fun of Republicans/Conservatives, in which I notice he makes us look like "bad" guys. When it comes to Democrats/Liberals I notice that he tends to make fun of them for not being liberal enough. The show does have a liberal bias and anyone denying this is blind.

I often wonder how elections would play out if Stewart and Colbert weren't around? And why is there no Conservative equvilant to these shows? (I already know the answer to this one, just seeing if you guys do).

Also just to clarify: I don't have anything against Jon Stewart personally. I don't think he's a bad guy, I just find his show to be annoying and dishonest.
For someone that purports to not listen to his show very often, you tend to make some sweeping judgement calls on who he is and what he does and how the poor misjudged GOP are his unwitting helpless victims. As to media people such as Stewart and Colbert being responsible for misinformed views, have you ever heard of Glenn beck, rush Limbaugh. Ken savage, Sean Hannity, Gerardo riveria ......shall I go on?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies