Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2013, 06:41 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,749,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Maybe the Israeli government doesn't really believe that they live under a threat .......
The US didn't learn from Pearl Harbor. The US didn't learn for the first World Trade attack and now we live under the reactive US gov't from an attack in 2001 where our freedoms are threatened each day. The people in Israel live under constant threat and emergency shelters are always inspected and kept up to date. In Israel most construction over the past few decades included a "safe" room in each home, yet attacks are so infrequent that nearly every home I've been in have turned it into bedrooms (it's funny I'm sleeping in one tonight and door to get onto this room is nothing like any door I've ever seen. Its a 3" thick heavy door that looks like the ones on a safe. The window as a thick reinforced glass with a armored shield that pulls down to lock into place and the walls are thick concrete). Yet in Israel one does not feel threatened by it. In Israel one does not feel like they are in a police state as those who live in NYC. I'm vacationing right in Israel and I know of the threat and I keep as map of the shelters. Also my GPS has icons for them. Big difference in Israel, is that they live their lives to the fullest and don't feel like they live in a police state. As I've stated in another post, one can drill it into their heads to always be prepared but now we have a generation who treats it as background noise.

Old 09-01-2013, 06:48 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,727,332 times
Maybe the whole region knows they'll get nuked if anyone uses gas? The Jews will never stand for gas again........0 tolerance for that stuff....

Old 09-01-2013, 06:52 PM

3,183 posts, read 7,204,711 times
My guess is that they didnt want to spend any of the billions of tax payer dollars we give them every year on something they can get later and have us also pay for....

Old 09-01-2013, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
Maybe the whole region knows they'll get nuked if anyone uses gas?
The whole world knows that as long as one country gasses their own citizens, no other country will intervene.

Old 09-01-2013, 07:41 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
I would hate to be living in a country that used chemical weapon against Israel in the middle east.politically that would be like declaring open season on that country.

Old 09-01-2013, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
I would hate to be living in a country that used chemical weapon against Israel in the middle east.politically that would be like declaring open season on that country.
Any country (not just some terrorist group) that takes it upon themselves to do so, will feel the full wrath of angering an Israeli who will make sure that country will remember it for decades to come.

Old 09-01-2013, 08:16 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,080,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwruckman View Post
You reallze that the last time a lot of Jews got gassed was at places like Austwitz-Birkenau. You realize Israel won't respond in kind to a gas attack but bring the fires of hell to the guilty party using Strike Eagles, and the Jericho IRBMs .
Israel is not to be messed with and all of the ME knows that...they can talk,bluster and bluff,but when its time to do the deed,they know messing with Israel for real will bring hell to their tents in full fury.

Samson Option - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 09-02-2013, 07:55 AM

Correction: Israel's population has exceeded 8 Million.

Israel Hayom | Ahead of new year, Israel's population surpasses 8 million

Old 09-02-2013, 09:05 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwruckman View Post
You reallze that the last time a lot of Jews got gassed was at places like Austwitz-Birkenau. You realize Israel won't respond in kind to a gas attack but bring the fires of hell to the guilty party using Strike Eagles, and the Jericho IRBMs .
What i realize has nothing to do with it.

If they fear a gas attack, why doesn't everyone have their own gas mask?

The only thing i could come up with is that they don't fear a gas attack.

Sitting here and telling me what i should realize is a waste of time...yours and mine. I don't live there, and i don't really care either way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
The US didn't learn from Pearl Harbor. The US didn't learn for the first World Trade attack and now we live under the reactive US gov't from an attack in 2001 where our freedoms are threatened each day. The people in Israel live under constant threat and emergency shelters are always inspected and kept up to date. In Israel most construction over the past few decades included a "safe" room in each home, yet attacks are so infrequent that nearly every home I've been in have turned it into bedrooms (it's funny I'm sleeping in one tonight and door to get onto this room is nothing like any door I've ever seen. Its a 3" thick heavy door that looks like the ones on a safe. The window as a thick reinforced glass with a armored shield that pulls down to lock into place and the walls are thick concrete). Yet in Israel one does not feel threatened by it. In Israel one does not feel like they are in a police state as those who live in NYC. I'm vacationing right in Israel and I know of the threat and I keep as map of the shelters. Also my GPS has icons for them. Big difference in Israel, is that they live their lives to the fullest and don't feel like they live in a police state. As I've stated in another post, one can drill it into their heads to always be prepared but now we have a generation who treats it as background noise.
Yeah...i have to say i agree with you for the most part.
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Meh...any country would do what Israel would do if they wree attacked by a foreign power with chemicals if they had the capability. Israel isn't special in that regard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Any country (not just some terrorist group) that takes it upon themselves to do so, will feel the full wrath of angering an Israeli who will make sure that country will remember it for decades to come.
Again, ANY and ALL nations with similar capabilities would do what Israel would do if they were attacked. Their wrath is no different than anyone else's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
Israel is not to be messed with and all of the ME knows that...they can talk,bluster and bluff,but when its time to do the deed,they know messing with Israel for real will bring hell to their tents in full fury.

Samson Option - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Once again....lol

You guys act like the Israelis are some sort of Gods or something. Every country will attempt to terminate a nation that attempts a chemical weapons attack against them if they have the capability to do so.

Old 09-02-2013, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post

...any country would do what Israel would do if they wree attacked by a foreign power with chemicals if they had the capability. Israel isn't special in that regard.

But as history has shown mostly all the other countries bring along their buddies with them, yet Israel in all its wars has been able to stand on its own without its buddies needing to set foot on Israeli soil.

The last time the US Military came close to the Israeli border was when they were in Lebanon in the early 80's. And for that I was there as a US Marine during the incident that occurred then. So Israel is special amongst an extremely small group of countries that can actually defend themselves without their buddies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies