Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2013, 09:20 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times

Advertisements

The Obamacare Job Graveyard | FreedomWorks

Only a fool wouldnt have seen this coming.. Makes me wonder if our economy would be booming (as most normal economic cycles would entail), if Obamacare hadnt been enacted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2013, 10:05 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,935,593 times
Booming? Really? You think so? Because Obama mandated that companies with over 50 employees continue to do what companies with over 50 employee's have been doing since before I was born??!! Really? Who is the fool here? Not me. I know that had a Republican... say Romney first time around... I mean... Romney has had Obamacare in Massachusetts for awhile and it hasn't resulted in any economic collapse there. Say he decided to roll it out nationally. Do you think you would be up nights posting against it the way you rail against Obamacare? I doubt it. Possibly you wouldn't like it because it doesn't punish people who didn't become 1% earners but you wouldn't be linking Right Wing tabloid pieces on City Data. This too shall pass. Obamacare is here. Best to simply lie back and think of England at this point.

H

Old 08-30-2013, 10:10 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
Well I think the IRS redefining full time work hours did impact the recovery.
A part timer who worked 35 hours a week had to get reduced to 29 to stay in part time status.

And I think Congress realized that as well since a bill was submitted to put back the full time status hours to 40.

Old 08-30-2013, 11:00 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Booming? Really? You think so? Because Obama mandated that companies with over 50 employees continue to do what companies with over 50 employee's have been doing since before I was born??!! Really?
If Obama mandated that companies over 50 employees continue to do what they've been doing since before you were born, then why are almost every new hire part time?
Quote:
Who is the fool here? Not me.
Yes, clearly you, unless you can explain the above
Quote:
I know that had a Republican... say Romney first time around... I mean... Romney has had Obamacare in Massachusetts for awhile and it hasn't resulted in any economic collapse there. Say he decided to roll it out nationally. Do you think you would be up nights posting against it the way you rail against Obamacare? I doubt it. Possibly you wouldn't like it because it doesn't punish people who didn't become 1% earners but you wouldn't be linking Right Wing tabloid pieces on City Data. This too shall pass. Obamacare is here. Best to simply lie back and think of England at this point.

H
Romney care isnt anything close to Obamacare, for example, there isnt any excess taxes..

So it seems you're the fool regardless..

Old 08-30-2013, 11:24 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,935,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
If Obama mandated that companies over 50 employees continue to do what they've been doing since before you were born, then why are almost every new hire part time?

Yes, clearly you, unless you can explain the above

Romney care isnt anything close to Obamacare, for example, there isnt any excess taxes..

So it seems you're the fool regardless..
Nearly every new hire is part time because nearly every new hire has been part time since Bush's first term! Employee's providing healthcare is nothing new. My parents healthcare was employee provided! They've been working since before you were born. Large employers willingly provided healthcare to workers as a lure when workers were hard to come by. Now they aren't. Simple. If Obamacare isn't closer to Romneycare blame obstructionist Republicans.

H

Old 08-30-2013, 11:30 AM

46,302 posts, read 27,117,053 times
Quote:
Nearly every new hire is part time because nearly every new hire has been part time since Bush's first term! Employee's providing healthcare is nothing new. My parents healthcare was employee provided!
But not mandated, that's why everyone is going to 29 hours or less...so they don't have to provide insurance now...

Old 08-30-2013, 11:51 AM

2,884 posts, read 5,642,721 times
Quote:
Booming? Really? You think so? Because Obama mandated that companies with over 50 employees continue to do what companies with over 50 employee's have been doing since before I was born??!! Really? Who is the fool here? Not me. I know that had a Republican... say Romney first time around... I mean... Romney has had Obamacare in Massachusetts for awhile and it hasn't resulted in any economic collapse there. Say he decided to roll it out nationally. Do you think you would be up nights posting against it the way you rail against Obamacare? I doubt it. Possibly you wouldn't like it because it doesn't punish people who didn't become 1% earners but you wouldn't be linking Right Wing tabloid pieces on City Data. This too shall pass. Obamacare is here. Best to simply lie back and think of England at this point.

H
Wondering, do you understand the term "Clueless?" Me thinks not...

Old 08-30-2013, 12:01 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,349,276 times
Quote:
Nearly every new hire is part time because nearly every new hire has been part time since Bush's first term! Employee's providing healthcare is nothing new. My parents healthcare was employee provided! They've been working since before you were born. Large employers willingly provided healthcare to workers as a lure when workers were hard to come by. Now they aren't. Simple. If Obamacare isn't closer to Romneycare blame obstructionist Republicans.

H
Well....I was going to post:

IN before:

Liberal/Obama Supporter Auto Response Protocol™

1. The source isn't valid
2. That's racist
3. GOP obstruction
4. But...but...but George W. Bush
5. Haters gonna hate
6. Repeat 1,2,3,4 and/or 5 as needed then insult the opposition for failing to support this great man, declare victory, and move on

BTW: Please share with us your extensive knowledge of "Romney Care". Allow me to educate you as someone who actually knows something about the subject because I can already anticipate what your answer will be based on your posts in this thread so far.

Romney was hardly a willing participant in the Mass health care reform law. He only became involved after the senate started the ball rolling. The individual mandate was the brainchild of former house speaker Sal Dimasi, who is now incarcerated for corruption. Romney then vetoed several sections of the law (including the employer assessment) only to be overridden by the deep blue legislature.

BTW....

Mass was fifth highest in the nation for health insurance premiums last time I checked.

The average wait time to see a doctor has doubled since the inception of the law.

Spending on medicaid and state subsidized health care programs accounts for nearly half of the state budget and is the highest in the country per capita.

One out of five Mass residents now have their healthcare expenses covered by the taxpayers.

Health care spending increased by over 500 million in FY 2013.

Now tell me more about mummy and daddy's health care. Welcome to your Hopey, Changey future under Obamacare!

Old 08-30-2013, 12:05 PM

1,507 posts, read 1,975,705 times
I am for national health care, but this law is total BS. It does nothing but make thing more convoluted. Even Howard Dean said this was a crap bill then flipped and said it had some good thing. In his interview he said it was horrible and it should be scrapped.
Howard Dean disagrees with Health Care Bill, 6abc Action News - YouTube

Old 08-30-2013, 12:12 PM

46,302 posts, read 27,117,053 times
Here is a great read about the bill....and Romeny...

This maybe worth making it's own thread about, since the left always goes back to "well look at romney and MA."

Oh, and many on the lft have been using this same site to post link from...so they cannot back out of this one....

Analyzing Romney's Leadership On Health Care - Kaiser Health News
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies