U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2013, 10:38 AM

24,223 posts, read 13,426,103 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
No, if I write a letter it came from me.. my words in the letter.. it is not the whole part of me but it is a part of me because it was written by me..

God wrote the bible and it came from him.. God was made flesh and dwelt among us.. Jesus. As Jesus said, the Father and I are one. The word of God is God.
Rate this post positively

Old 10-03-2013, 10:38 AM

31,380 posts, read 16,014,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepie2000 View Post
I doubt you would ever visit a site called "gay christian" but from this site and others, it seems clear that "malakoi" should not be translated as "homosexual" and in fact it never was until 1958. Did the meaning of the Bible suddenly change in 1958? It seems that it did!
Malakoi is NEVER used in the Bible to mean gay, lesbian, bisexual or trans.
I am sorry that many are leading you into a false teaching . One who is following the practices of same sex is following the wrong message. God's word is clear.

Adultery could also be argued about and make them appease themselves saying it is ok , or some other reason to accept it.

One can always appease or change the word of God to create their own god and worship .. Jesus said, come out from among them and touch not the unclean thing and I will receive you. Jesus said to turn from sin and follow him. We either choose our sin and not God or choose God and forsake our sin. One cannot do both. Jesus said to Repent . Jesus did not come to condemn.. our sins condemn us already.. Jesus came to seek and save those who want to overcome their sin and follow him. Jesus loves all sinners and came to tell the message of repent for the Kingdom of God is at hand.

Old 10-03-2013, 10:46 AM

31,380 posts, read 16,014,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngabe View Post
Blinders on much? What fairytale land do you live in? Back here in reality...stop holding "a man and a woman" on this ridiculous pedestal. Silliness.

Once again, what land do you live in? Sure, we have a National Day of Prayer, but we also have Gay Pride Month, Black History Month, Jewish holidays, Kwanza, etc. You know why, BECAUSE WE'RE A DIVERSE NATION. Before the "gay rights movement" happened, society was taking God out of public places long before this movement gained any momentum. Separation of church and state. Try time traveling to change that during the Constitution days if it bothers you that much. With that said, this is not about taking God out of anything for the 75,000th time. This is about all consenting adults being able to receive the same GOVERNMENT recognition for their relationship, known as marriage, equally. If you don't like that the government issues marriage LICENSES, that's an issue that should have been dealt with LONG ago. (Marriage = A term the government ALSO uses, not exclusive to the church. Baptism = an exclusive church time that does not warrant any special incentives from the government) Once again, marriage is the term the government uses, so sorry, it isn't an exclusive term reserved for super special Christians like yourself.

If you aren't proud of a country that is trying to give all citizens the same equal rights they all deserve no matter their color, creed, ethnicity, sexuality, etc, then you don't belong here. Go to a country that rules with an iron fist based on religion. We all pay the same taxes, we all deserve the same rights. When your tax money gets sent to the government, they don't say, "Oh, this is extra special Christian money, put that in the 'special' account." Give me a break dude.

You have an obnoxious superiority complex. You think you're superior to your fellow men and women just because you're presumably a Caucasian, Christian American. The majority of society can see right through people like yourself.
Will pedophiles and those who want to practice incest have that right too? After all we should not base our laws on anything morally correct. It would go against the constitution .. all sexuality should have equal rights , isn't that what you said?

Old 10-03-2013, 10:50 AM

24,223 posts, read 13,426,103 times
Quote:
Will pedophiles and those who want to practice incest have that right too? After all we should not base our laws on anything morally correct. It would go against the constitution .. all sexuality should have equal rights , isn't that what you said?
There are legal arguments against pedophilia, and incest.
No one has been able to come up with a legally valid reason to deny SSM.

Want to give it a try?

Old 10-03-2013, 10:50 AM

1,035 posts, read 1,480,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txdave35 View Post
Marriage stripped of religious association is nothing more than a word. It's a label. Civil Union is a label, and can offer gays all the legals right and benefits, exactly the same as straight people. You should have equal rights. It's not fair that a gay couple raising a child can not get tax deductions to help with financial burdens or file a joint tax return. But even if every state gave you the exact same benefits through a civil union, it still wouldn't be good enough. Why do you need the marriage label so badly to suddenly be happy in life? The answer is you want government to officially recognize homosexuality as natural and normal as a heterosexual union. You want everyone in society to believe the same way. Try to oppose it, and there will be consequences. But you said civil union means separate but equal. Newsflash, you already separate yourself. You want special discrimination laws for your class. Gay and lesbian organizations where I'm quite sure a heterosexual Christian like myself would be unwelcome. You have gay rallys. We don't have straight rallys and celebrate our sex in the streets.
Um, thanks, because you essentially just proved my entire point. You said it yourself, it's just a word. So, if it is indeed just a word, why do you feel we need to create another entity, known as civil unions for a homosexual relationship? Shall we also create a different term for interracial marriage? Jewish marriage? Muslim marriage? Once again, the government began using the term "marriage license" to provide incentives to two people who solidified their relationship. Here's what I propose...petition the government to stop using the word marriage, PERIOD. So, assuming you are married heterosexual, in the eyes of the GOVERNMENT, you would have a union. In the eyes of your church, you're married because you went through a marriage ceremony in a church. If two men, two women, or a man and a woman solidified their relationship with the government, all couples would receive a union. My point is, petition the government to stop using the word marriage and give that term to the church. Get that term back to being nothing more than church lingo, like "baptized" currently is. See my point? The government calls it a MARRIAGE license. If the government had always referred to a relationship as a "union" but two people who chose to solidify their relationship in the church had a marriage CEREMONY, then this would be a non-issue.

Quote:
Are you suggesting that every gay couple has no desire to reproduce
How is this a rebuttal to what I posted? You seem to think that marriage is about reproducing. So, how do you respond to straight couples who physically cannot reproduce? Let's say John is 65 and Mary is 67. Both have never been married. They meet, fall in love and want to get married for the first time. Chance are, they won't be reproducing.

I'm saying that the purpose of marriage is not reproduction. To think otherwise is ignorant. A gay couple can adopt a child who needs a home, they can use surrogates, etc. Oh hey, some straight couples also don't have any other options except what I mentioned.

Quote:
Where are the Bible verses? Where does it say it is an abomination before God like it does for homosexuality? It's one thing to say we are all equal regardless of the color of our skin. It's another thing to say we are all equal regardless of our sexual attractions and desires. I don't consider a person attracted to minors to be equal. I consider them a dangerous member of society who needs to be locked up.
You took my bait here. Notice I used the word INTERPRETATION. Back in the day, certain Bible verses were INTERPRETED to be against interracial marriage. Leviticus 19:19, Genesis 28:1, Deuteronomy 7:2-3, to name a few. Regardless what the "true" meaning of these verses is, my entire point is, back in the day, they were INTERPRETED to be against interracial marriage and therefore, they were used to support people's stance AGAINST it. The same exact thing is happening today. People like you grab a few Bible verses based on your interpretation and use them to support your claim. It's all about interpretation.

Old 10-03-2013, 10:56 AM

1,035 posts, read 1,480,542 times
Quote:
I now just have to assume that you're a brainwashed extremist or struggle with reading comprehension. We have been through this so many times. With pedophilia, consent is the issue. A child, at the age of 12, for example, cannot legally consent to ANYTHING. If you feel 12 year olds can, and should be able to legally consent, by all means, petition the government to prove they can. A child is not mentally developed enough at that age to even be fully sexually developed and understand what is actually going on.

Same-sex marriage involves TWO CONSENTING ADULTS. No one, will force you, Taratova to marry a member of your same gender. YOU would have to provide your CONSENT to marry a member of the same gender. WHY WHY WHY is that so difficult to grasp?

Old 10-03-2013, 10:56 AM

511 posts, read 772,377 times
Where does it say "sexual orientation" in the Constitution?

Old 10-03-2013, 10:57 AM

1,519 posts, read 1,189,090 times
Quote:
Here, let me help you:

Pedophile - a person who is sexually attracted to children.

Children - not able to give legal consent.

Thus, pedophilia can not be a right.

Old 10-03-2013, 10:58 AM

624 posts, read 899,430 times
Quote:
Marriage stripped of religious association is nothing more than a word. It's a label.
The first European Americans (of popular note) disagreed. Marriage was a civil affair to the Puritans, and they were a vastly religious people.

Old 10-03-2013, 11:02 AM

511 posts, read 772,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
There are legal arguments against pedophilia, and incest.
No one has been able to come up with a legally valid reason to deny SSM.

Want to give it a try?
How about because of health concerns?

Quote:

An estimated 90% of men who have sex with men and as many as 5% to 10% of sexually active women engage in receptive anal intercourse.

Quote:

Anal sex has a number of health risks. Anal intercourse is the riskiest form of sexual activity for several reasons, including the following:

The anus lacks the natural lubrication the vagina has. Penetration can tear the tissue inside the anus, allowing bacteria and viruses to enter the bloodstream. This can result in the spread of sexually transmitted infections including HIV. Studies have suggested that anal exposure to HIV poses 30 times more risk for the receptive partner than vaginal exposure. Exposure to the human papillomavirus (HPV) may also lead to the development of anal warts and anal cancer. Using lubricants can help some, but doesn't completely prevent tearing.

The tissue inside the anus is not as well protected as the skin outside theanus.Our external tissue has layers of dead cells that serve as a protective barrier against infection. The tissue inside the anus does not have this natural protection, which leaves it vulnerable to tearing and the spread of infection.
The anus was designed to hold in feces. The anus is surrounded with a ring-like muscle, called the anal sphincter, which tightens after we defecate. When the muscle is tight, anal penetration can be painful and difficult. Repetitive anal sex may lead to weakening of the anal sphincter, making it difficult to hold in feces until you can get to the toilet. However, Kegel exercises to strengthen the sphincter may help prevent this problem or correct it.

The anus is full of bacteria. Even if both partners do not have a sexually-transmitted infection or disease, bacteria normally in the anus can potentially infect the giving partner. Practicing vaginal sex after anal sex can also lead to vaginal and urinary tract infections.

Anal Sex Safety and Health Concerns

Now how does that affect me? Well, if this activity is causing a lot of health problems, that puts a burden on our already weakening healthcare system, and that burden eventually affects everyone.

But yes, I'm sure you will fall back to the argument that a married gay couple may never have sex. Not even once. I can't argue with that, but it's not realistic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.