U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2013, 11:05 AM

41,655 posts, read 33,925,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by txdave35 View Post
But yes, I'm sure you will fall back to the argument that a married gay couple may never have sex. Not even once. I can't argue with that, but it's not realistic.

First, plenty of straight couples have anal sex.

Second, plenty of gay couples don't have anal sex. (Lots are oral focused)

Third, well, lets not talk about biological boundaries with lesbians and anal sex.

Fourth, if STDs and SSM are the issues, then we should be promoting monogamy amount gay men, not trying to dissuade it.
Rate this post positively

Old 10-03-2013, 11:05 AM

24,223 posts, read 13,422,906 times
Quote:
Where does it say "sexual orientation" in the Constitution?
AMENDMENT XIV

SECTION 1.

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

It does not say "any person except those evil gays" It says "ANY PERSON" I am a person, and an American citizen. No state can deny me equal protection of the laws.

Old 10-03-2013, 11:09 AM

17,324 posts, read 17,727,386 times
Quote:
How about because of health concerns?

Anal Sex Safety and Health Concerns

Now how does that affect me? Well, if this activity is causing a lot of health problems, that puts a burden on our already weakening healthcare system, and that burden eventually affects everyone.

But yes, I'm sure you will fall back to the argument that a married gay couple may never have sex. Not even once. I can't argue with that, but it's not realistic.

health concerns? any health issues cause by anal sex is already out there, and our tax dollars are covering it now. gays getting married will not raise the stats much if at all.

Old 10-03-2013, 11:09 AM

15,027 posts, read 20,042,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
No, every word in the bible is God's word.. one cannot refute any of it..

14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

And many will follow Jesus..

John 14:12
Parallel Verses
New International Version
Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father.

The bible is the complete word of God.

I am sorry that the word of God offends you so much.
Your false Messiah has no business among civilized people. And you want to corrupt innocent children. CHILDREN. How dare you?

Old 10-03-2013, 11:10 AM

1,035 posts, read 1,480,183 times
Quote:

Now how does that affect me? Well, if this activity is causing a lot of health problems, that puts a burden on our already weakening healthcare system, and that burden eventually affects everyone.

You have to be kidding now. Your rebuts are reaching a level of just being pathetic and uneducated. What makes you think all homosexuals have anal sex? Do you have ANY idea how many straight couples engage in anal sex? Also, newsflash, STDs and HIV effect ANY HUMAN BEING WHO IS SEXUALLY ACTIVE, not just gay people.

If you think this affects you, that's just pure stupidity. You want to talk about factors weakening our healthcare system? Channel your negative energy toward the obese, the smokers, the drug users, the alcoholics, etc. This may be your most ridiculous post yet.

Old 10-03-2013, 11:10 AM

2,085 posts, read 2,688,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I am sorry that many are leading you into a false teaching . One who is following the practices of same sex is following the wrong message. God's word is clear.

Adultery could also be argued about and make them appease themselves saying it is ok , or some other reason to accept it.

One can always appease or change the word of God to create their own god and worship ..
Yes, "one can always appease or change the word of God..." God's word is only as clear as the translation is accurate and one's understanding is true and unbiased. In 1958 the translation was biased and inaccurate. Throughout the ages there have been agendas other than strict accuracy. Languages change over time so that words that maybe have been accurate at the time of translation are no long the best choice. There are many that are leading others astray. Can you be certain that you are not one of them?

Quote:
Where does it say it is an abomination before God like it does for homosexuality?
Do you know what "abomination" means? It basically means ritually unclean. If "sin" were meant, then "sin" would have been used.

Old 10-03-2013, 11:11 AM

24,223 posts, read 13,422,906 times
Quote:

How about heterosexual have anal sex too. How about heterosexuals have and spread STDs too. How about the fact that STD transmission among lesbians is LOWER than heterosexuals, and not one case of HIV/AIDS has been shown to be from lesbian sex. Then add in the other health related costs of heterosexuals like pregnancy and child birth, many of which are paid for through taxpayer funded programs, and STD related costs for heterosexuals. Who costs more? The tiny fraction of homosexuals that may have health issues, or the vast majority of heterosexuals that have health issues?

So, if we are going to go by health care costs, only lesbians should be allowed to get married.

Old 10-03-2013, 11:13 AM

15,027 posts, read 20,042,379 times
Quote:

I thought gays were such an inconsequentially small number (according to your side) that they are statistically insignifant?

I bet you at any given moment, significantly MORE straight couples are having anal sex than gay couples.

Old 10-03-2013, 11:14 AM

41,655 posts, read 33,925,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
I thought gays were such an inconsequentially small number (according to your side) that they are statistically insignifant?

I bet you at any given moment, significantly MORE straight couples are having anal sex than gay couples.

Undoubtedly.

Old 10-03-2013, 11:15 AM

511 posts, read 772,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
First, plenty of straight couples have anal sex.

Second, plenty of gay couples don't have anal sex. (Lots are oral focused)

Third, well, lets not talk about biological boundaries with lesbians and anal sex.

Fourth, if STDs and SSM are the issues, then we should be promoting monogamy amount gay men, not trying to dissuade it.
I wouldn't use the term "plenty" when the statistics are saying 90%. We shouldn't be promoting the lifestyle, period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.