U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2013, 11:36 AM

511 posts, read 772,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Gay education? Ok, you must be a troll. No one in their right minds believe that. And of course pictures of Jesus shouldn't be in (non religious) schools outside of a comparative religion / humanities class. That isn't really up for debate in the civilized world.

No, if I were a troll, I would be on here purposely trying to antagonize you. I'm just here expressing my opinion why I don't agree with SSM. I have every right to do so. I even agreed that gays should have equal legal rights.

And yes, gay education. STuff like this:

Quote:

Coon told Fox News that her daughter was upset by the classroom lecture and was confused about why she had to ask another girl for a kiss.
“She told me, ‘Mom, we all get teased and picked on enough – now I’m going to be called a lesbian because I had to ask another girl if I could kiss her,’” Coon said.
She said the school told her that the purpose of the lesson was to “teach girls boundaries and how to say no.”

Middle School Anti-Bullying Lesson Includes Lesbian Role Play | FOX News & Commentary: Todd Starnes

I think the kissing part was refuted, hard to say since the liberal media refuses to report on this stuff, but there was definitely role play involved.
Rate this post positively

Old 10-03-2013, 11:37 AM

15,720 posts, read 11,287,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txdave35 View Post
America as a country has held judeo Christian values for many years.
Which ones? Slavery? Slaughtering the native Americans? Conquering other nations? Hoarding more wealth than the world has ever known?

The majority of Biblical laws do not exist in US law.

Quote:
But you want to change society to be anti-God and pro-gay. Go for it, but it won't be an America that I will be proud of anymore.
Most Jews are Pro-gay. Are you calling God's chosen people anti-God?

Old 10-03-2013, 11:37 AM

15,084 posts, read 13,740,849 times
Quote:
How about because of health concerns?

Anal Sex Safety and Health Concerns

Now how does that affect me? Well, if this activity is causing a lot of health problems, that puts a burden on our already weakening healthcare system, and that burden eventually affects everyone.

But yes, I'm sure you will fall back to the argument that a married gay couple may never have sex. Not even once. I can't argue with that, but it's not realistic.
In that case, maybe you should ban marriage between obese people. It puts a burden on your already weakening healthcare system and that burden eventually affects everyone. As a matter of fact, there are more obese people than homosexuals.
Ban fat marriage!

Old 10-03-2013, 11:39 AM

1,035 posts, read 1,480,183 times
Quote:
Nice try, but you can't get around the fact that 90% of gay men are engaging in a highly risky activity that spreads disease. Do you really think 90% of heterosexuals are doing this well? I don't think so.
Lesbians certainly risk transmitting the HPV virus which we know now can cause cancer.
Find me a statistic from a legitimate medical source to back your claim. No one said 90% of heterosexuals were engaging in anal sex. You can read. The argument was, there are more heterosexuals than there are homosexuals, therefore, more heterosexuals engage in the behavior due to the numbers.

Oh and HPV?

HPV (the virus): Approximately 79 million Americans are currently infected with HPV. About 14 million people become newly infected each year. HPV is so common that nearly all sexually-active men and women will get at least one type of HPV at some point in their lives.

STD Facts - Human papillomavirus (HPV)

Sure, HPV is just a lesbian problem. Another brilliant, easily debunkable remark of yours.

Quote:
Are you really suggesting we should have a gay society with no reproduction? If you can show me that heterosexual sex is just as risky and costy as homosexual sex then you have an argument.
However, if you have a married heterosexual couple who obeyed God's laws and married as virgins, practically zero health risks with intercourse. But if they engage in anal sex, there is danger even if they are both disease free.
Who the hell on here claims that everyone in society should be gay and not reproduce? You have officially lost your marbles. SEX, period, can result in STDs if the engaging parties are NOT using proper protection. This is so basic, it's middle school.

"married as virgins"

LMAO. The amount of heterosexuals that are NOT virgins when they are married would blow your little Texas socks off. I feel sorry for you, if I shared your archaic views, I'd be upset with society as well. It must be lonely, that's all I can assume.

Channel your energy better. Go on a crusade to stop divorce, stop the bad straight people who aren't virgins, stop the Jews, stop the Muslims, stop interracial marriage, go...use your super Christian powers. Show the world how impure it is. I mean, after all, you're practically Jesus or something...or at least you want to come off as if you are since you think your INTERPRETATIONS of everything is correct.

Old 10-03-2013, 11:40 AM

Quote:
How about because of health concerns?

Anal Sex Safety and Health Concerns

Now how does that affect me? Well, if this activity is causing a lot of health problems, that puts a burden on our already weakening healthcare system, and that burden eventually affects everyone.

But yes, I'm sure you will fall back to the argument that a married gay couple may never have sex. Not even once. I can't argue with that, but it's not realistic.
Your facts are ridiculously wrong. Anal sex is the least practiced activity by gay men, and probably at least half of gay men refuse to do "receptive". At least half of all heterosexuals engage in anal sex, which means overwhelmingly more heterosexuals engage in it than gays.

Your double standard proves your entire argument is seated in bigotry and hate over something you don't understand.

Old 10-03-2013, 11:44 AM

2,090 posts, read 2,688,105 times
Quote:
Nice try, but you can't get around the fact that 90% of gay men are engaging in a highly risky activity that spreads disease. Do you really think 90% of heterosexuals are doing this well? I don't think so.
Then why aren't you promoting the hell out of same sex marriage and monogomy? If those 90% of gay men were married and monogamous, they wouldn't be spreading diseases, would they? Monogamy seems to be an issue with married heterosexual couples too, so we'll have to see how it works out.

511 posts, read 772,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
You do realize most Christians believe in both right? Evolution is a fact. Theists who accept evolution are called Theistic Evolutionists.
Small mutations and changes within the same species is a fact. When I started playing guitar, it hurt like hell on my fingers. Then my body adapted and created thick calluses so I could play pain free. That's evolution.

One species changing into a completely different species over billions of years? Not so much fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepie2000 View Post
Do you know what "abomination" means? It basically means ritually unclean. If "sin" were meant, then "sin" would have been used.
Abomination doesn't exist in the Hebrew, and as you said, the Hebrew word means ritually taboo, since Leviticus was directed at the prohibitions on the Levite priesthood. Abomination is a gross mistranslation of the KJV. Taratova clearly doesn't know that the Israelites breaking bread with Egyptians or wearing mixed fabrics were also "abominations".

Old 10-03-2013, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Small mutations and changes within the same species is a fact. When I started playing guitar, it hurt like hell on my fingers. Then my body adapted and created thick calluses so I could play pain free. That's evolution.
Bacteria becoming immune to anti-bioltics is adaptation. Speciation is part of evolution too and has been observed in the lab and in the wild.

Quote:
One species changing into a completely different species over billions of years? Not so much fact.
Yes, it's a fact. What do you think happens when enough mutations alter a segment of a species so they can't reproduce with their same species? You have a new species.

29+ Evidences for Macroevolution: The Scientific Case for Common Descent

Your unwillingness to educate yourself is just hurting your cause. Nobody takes you seriously so I'm not sure why you continue to fight in this thread.

Old 10-03-2013, 11:50 AM

15,084 posts, read 13,740,849 times
Quote:

Lol! No, it's not. Your children won't be born with calluses on their hands. You don't understand evolution at all, so you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.