U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 10-03-2013, 12:05 PM
 
Location: Middle of nowhere
24,223 posts, read 13,422,906 times
Reputation: 9847

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by txdave35 View Post
Yeah I don't have a PHD in science like apparently EVERY atheist out here does. lol The arrogance from the atheist liberals is so nauseating.


Here's a hint. How about telling me exactly how I'm wrong instead of worthless banter saying I am so stupid and don't understand. Now that is trolling!
They DID tell you exactly how you are wrong. Evolution would meant that your children would be born with finger calluses, not that your body had a reaction to friction, and built up a protection from that friction.

Evolution is the passing of a genetic trait. There is no callus gene.
Rate this post positively

 
Old 10-03-2013, 12:06 PM
 
15,720 posts, read 11,287,753 times
Reputation: 7007
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Rob123 View Post
Here's what I don't understand about the religious argument.

Homosexuality is semi-sort of mentioned in the Bible.
Meanwhile sexual intercourse outside the bonds of marriage is STRONGLY frowned upon in many books of the Bible.
When a Bible thumper comes on here and says "gays can have their civil unions, but not marriages" are they not then FORCING gay people to commit an even greater sin. Sex outside of marriage?
The argument is 1) Sex outside of marriage is a sin 2) Same-sex marriage is not allowed by God. Thus, the only Biblical options for gays are they either must be celibate or marry the opposite sex.

Ironically, both options are rejected by Paul himself.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 10-03-2013, 12:07 PM
 
Location: Montreal, Quebec
15,084 posts, read 13,740,849 times
Reputation: 9779
Quote:
Originally Posted by txdave35 View Post
Yeah I don't have a PHD in science like apparently EVERY atheist out here does. lol The arrogance from the atheist liberals is so nauseating.


Here's a hint. How about telling me exactly how I'm wrong instead of worthless banter saying I am so stupid and don't understand. Now that is trolling!
One doesn't need a PhD in science to understand that calluses on your fingers does not equal evolution. It signifies that you do not understand evolution, not even a little. You can call it trolling as much as you want, but it doesn't change the fact that you're clueless.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 10-03-2013, 12:08 PM
 
15,720 posts, read 11,287,753 times
Reputation: 7007
Quote:
Originally Posted by txdave35 View Post
Yeah I don't have a PHD in science like apparently EVERY atheist out here does. lol The arrogance from the atheist liberals is so nauseating.
One doesn't need a Ph.D to have an education.

Quote:
Here's a hint. How about telling me exactly how I'm wrong instead of worthless banter saying I am so stupid and don't understand. Now that is trolling!
You demonstrated on this thread that people showing you how you're wrong does not convince you. So what's the point?
Rate this post positively
 
Old 10-03-2013, 12:19 PM
 
Location: Montreal, Quebec
15,084 posts, read 13,740,849 times
Reputation: 9779
Quote:

Here's a hint. How about telling me exactly how I'm wrong instead of
worthless banter saying I am so stupid and don't understand. Now that is
trolling!
I DID tell you exactly how you're wrong. You chose to ignore it. Now that's ignorance!
Rate this post positively
 
Old 10-03-2013, 12:29 PM
 
Location: Middle of nowhere
24,223 posts, read 13,422,906 times
Reputation: 9847
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
The argument is 1) Sex outside of marriage is a sin 2) Same-sex marriage is not allowed by God. Thus, the only Biblical options for gays are they either must be celibate or marry the opposite sex.

Ironically, both options are rejected by Paul himself.
Is that Paul speaking as Paul, or Paul speaking as Jesus?
Rate this post positively
 
Old 10-03-2013, 12:34 PM
 
Location: Type 0.7 Kardashev
10,915 posts, read 8,956,069 times
Reputation: 39004
Quote:
Originally Posted by txdave35 View Post
Yeah I don't have a PHD in science like apparently EVERY atheist out here does. lol The arrogance from the atheist liberals is so nauseating.
I don't have a PhD, either. I don't even have a degree, period.

I just make a point of not being ignorant.

So, I don't run around posting 'definitions' of evolution that are embarrassingly ignorant. I also don't run around falsely claiming (as you did - though I honestly believe complete ignorance is as likely to be the reason for that claim of yours as intentional deceit) that 'most' (your word) states that have same-sex marriage do so because of a court order (in reality, most such states - 9 of the 13 - voluntarily passed same-sex marriage bills).

The fact that you equate not being profoundly ignorant with having a PhD is telling, Dave.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 10-03-2013, 12:38 PM
 
511 posts, read 772,172 times
Reputation: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
I DID tell you exactly how you're wrong. You chose to ignore it. Now that's ignorance!
All you said was calluses on my fingers does not equal evolution. Brilliant argument professor!
Rate this post positively
 
Old 10-03-2013, 12:43 PM
 
Location: Montreal, Quebec
15,084 posts, read 13,740,849 times
Reputation: 9779
Quote:

Originally Posted by txdave35


Yeah I don't have a PHD in science like
apparently EVERY atheist out here does. lol The arrogance from the atheist
liberals is so nauseating.
Quote:
All you said was calluses on my fingers does not equal evolution. Brilliant
argument professor!
I'm nothing if not open-minded and willing to listen. Dave, why don't you explain to me how having calluses on your hands from playing guitar is passed down in your genetic code to your children and your childrens' children. You're the one who claimed it's evolution. Surely you have something to base this type of thinking on? Educate me.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 10-03-2013, 12:44 PM
 
511 posts, read 772,172 times
Reputation: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
One doesn't need a Ph.D to have an education.


You demonstrated on this thread that people showing you how you're wrong does not convince you. So what's the point?
Then perhaps your educated mind should know when you are beating a dead horse. Nothing you are saying here is going to suddenly make me abandon my Christian faith for a random post by a stranger. In the end, it's God's judgement that matters, not what you or society say.

Can you shake my hand and respectfully agree to disagree on this particular topic?
Rate this post positively
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:43 AM.

© 2005-2023, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top