U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2013, 05:37 PM

22,281 posts, read 15,781,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
No biggie. We make up for it in multiple orgasms. You can keep your prostate.

Grrrrrrrr.... sure, rub it in.
Rate this post positively

Old 10-03-2013, 05:44 PM

14,917 posts, read 12,641,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txdave35 View Post
Give me one example a physical trait that an ancient human being had that we no longer have. I'm not talking about primate ancestors. Human beings.
Um, human beings ARE primates.

Old 10-03-2013, 05:45 PM

22,281 posts, read 15,781,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuselage View Post
No, but god clearly is.

Who are YOU to interpret the bible?

Haven't you heard? The bible is the word of god and the bible said that god created man in his own image. If people want to insist on taking the bible to have literal meaning, then why not go all the way? Or is there some reason why people get to pick and choose whatever they find convenient for their particular preferred bigotry?

Besides, the bible is clearly super sexist. Thus, we can safely assume that it was written by a male. Thus, god must be male.
Naw, missed that memo.

Well of course it was written by men, unless we have a woman fooling the rest of the monks as they were huddled over their quills. That might make a good movie.

On a more serious note: I don't think there is a human being alive, or who was ever alive, that is/was not a bigot. It's just that the bigotry, in his/her mind, is justified by his/her opinions/views as opposed to not being justified in the case of the other guy's/girl's opinions/views.

Old 10-03-2013, 05:48 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,188,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Naw, missed that memo.

Well, of course it was written by men, unless we have a woman fooling the rest of the monks as they were huddled over their quills. That might make a good movie.

On a more serious note: I don't think there is a human being alive, or who was ever alive, that is/was not a bigot. It's just that the bigotry, in their minds, is justified by their opinions/views as opposed to not being justified in the case of the other guy's/girl's opinions/views.
Yup - it's an interesting bit of logic that is used here:

I am a bigot and I use my religion as justification to continue down this path unabated. Since religion is a protective category, I am going to use it as a shield and claim that any criticism of my bigotry infringes on my religious freedom.

No, there has never been a person who wasn't bigoted. Many, however, have managed to look in the mirror and question their own bigotry.

Old 10-03-2013, 05:52 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,188,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepie2000 View Post
What's not natural about it? How do you define unnatural? Is it not natural to put my tongue in my husband's mouth? My body is natural. My husband's body is natural. Can't we touch each other?
Ah, what's natural and unnatural are completely subjective ideas.

You see, anal sex is unnatural and thus, an abomination, although it occurs daily.

Parthenogenesis, however, which NEVER occurs in humans, is alright. I guess because gog was involved with good ole' Mary, it MUST be natural for humans, too.

Old 10-03-2013, 05:52 PM

24,055 posts, read 31,609,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Evolution I know for certain is not perfect, and since there is not a shed of evidence for god, the one you believe in or any of the thousands others have believed in, I do not believe he exists...Show me good evidence and I'd change my mind.
There is not a shred of evidence that life exists on other planets. Does that mean life on other planets does not exist?

Old 10-03-2013, 07:44 PM

33,296 posts, read 35,778,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
There is not a shred of evidence that life exists on other planets. Does that mean life on other planets does not exist?
Read carefully what did I say here...I'll bold the pertinent part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur
Evolution I know for certain is not perfect, and since there is not a shed of evidence for god, the one you believe in or any of the thousands others have believed in, I do not believe he exists...Show me good evidence and I'd change my mind.
To answer your question..... I think that considering the many billions of planets that it is almost certain that life exists elsewhere.

Old 10-03-2013, 07:47 PM

511 posts, read 771,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Um, human beings ARE primates.
So you personally observed these changes right? Hmmm

Old 10-03-2013, 07:56 PM

5,190 posts, read 5,079,589 times
Quote:
I posted clear evidence that Christians have experienced negative results as a result of standing against gay marriage.

But not because they are Christian. Because they have run afoul of laws in their area. Anyone else doing the same thing would see the same results.

There is nothing about any person's religious beliefs that make them special or above the law.

Old 10-03-2013, 07:58 PM

33,296 posts, read 35,778,891 times
Quote:
So you personally observed these changes right? Hmmm
So you personally observed creation right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.