Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2013, 07:34 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,099,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaPirate355 View Post
If this is what you use to justify gay marriage than you also are inversely justifying the other perversions too. Hell you can justify anything really with that same logic, if I steal from you then it's okay because it too must be "natural".
Another manifestation of your homophobia.

And where did weltschmerz make the argument that because something is "natural" it is therefore "okay" (or good or moral or correct)? Hint - he didn't. His posts were refutations of T-310, who is the one making insinuating that natural = okay.

I've always found that it's social conservatives who try and make the link between what is natural and what is moral - and I've never understood that. Well, I do understand what they're doing. When they say "natural" they usually mean "what my god tells me is natural."

Old 09-03-2013, 07:42 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,969,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
If you're not a homophobe, then why do you advocate for the unequal treatment of gay people under the civil, secular laws of the US and its Several States?
You are probably just fine with "unequal treatment" (your definition, not mine) of pedophiles, polygamists, etc?

Old 09-03-2013, 07:42 PM

1,214 posts, read 1,696,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Homosexuality is a perversion? You are a self confirmed homophobic bigot.
You're a self confirmed Religiousphobe and Heterophobes. Have a nice day bigot.

Old 09-03-2013, 07:43 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,969,002 times
Quote:
I'm talking about the legal rights of civil marriage, as constructed under civil marriage statutes, that are conferred when a couple contracts a civil marriage.

What else would I be talking about?
A gay man has the same right to marry a woman that a straight man has.

Old 09-03-2013, 07:46 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,270,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaPirate355 View Post
You're a self confirmed Religiousphobe and Heterophobes. Have a nice day bigot.

calling someone a bigot is being a bigot? nice circular argument there.

How's this: you're a bigot, because throughout your posts you have shown intolerance of other people, based on their sexuality.

This coming from a Heterosexual female, who is a Baptist.

Old 09-03-2013, 07:48 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,270,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
same argument was made when a white man couldn't marry a black woman.

Same argument was made when white woman couldn't marry a black man.

The courts didn't buy that argument either.

Old 09-03-2013, 07:48 PM

1,214 posts, read 1,696,185 times
Quote:

And where did weltschmerz make the argument that because something is "natural" it is therefore "okay" (or good or moral or correct)? Hint - he didn't. His posts were refutations of T-310, who is the one making insinuating that natural = okay.

I've always found that it's social conservatives who try and make the link between what is natural and what is moral - and I've never understood that. Well, I do understand what they're doing. When they say "natural" they usually mean "what my god tells me is natural."
That is the logic you guys are using. As you can see your logic sucks, like most liberal logic does. Either you believe that "love is love" and that " everyone should marry whoever they want" or you don't. After all using your broken liberal logic again, you would be discriminating against those people who do practice such lifestyles.

It's social liberals who are to blame for our culture sucking and having no class. The Miley Cyrus incident is a prime example of how liberalism (really cultural Marxism) has become a parasite to our nation. It's all a result of your values, and you guys have to handle the consequences of it.

Old 09-03-2013, 07:49 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,099,924 times
Quote:
You are probably just fine with "unequal treatment" (your definition, not mine) of pedophiles, polygamists, etc?
I absolutely am just fine with unequal treatment of pedophiles. Doing so serves a legitimate government interest in that it prevents a harm to the people. As to polygamists, I have nothing whatsoever against any group of people forming a private polygamist union. The legal framework of civil marriage - shared, joint rights of couples - doesn't make any sense and is not applicable in the context of polygamist groups.

If you can make an argument as to how allowing gay couples to contract civil marriage harms the people, I'll gladly consider it.

Old 09-03-2013, 07:49 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,323,230 times
Quote:

Exactly.
(And incidentally, I'm a girl)

Old 09-03-2013, 07:50 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,205,611 times
Quote:
And a black man had exactly the same right to marry within his own race as a white man.
That argument didn't work before, won't work now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies