U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2013, 08:23 PM

1,935 posts, read 4,551,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Most men DO mind. So, if what floats your boat is a hairy, 400 pound woman, I'm glad you found each other. Now give the same courtesy to everyone else.
Dude... when my wife doesn't shave, even if a month goes by without her shaving, it's still glorified peach fuzz. You couldn't even tell, from six feet away... and she's a brunette. But what does that have to do with the topic at hand?

And I would gladly extend the same courtesy, as you suggest, to everyone else in the same situation - viz. any other man who prefers hairy 400-pound women. (That is, as long as he didn't try to take mine when she's gone a month without shaving. Such an attempt would invite my wrath for sure.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
I almost fell off my chair laughing when I read this post.
Buddy, I didn't expect that you of all people would find anything of value in there. It was an answer to a question from the one poster on this thread who comes from "the other side of the fence" who actually had the decency to approach this topic civilly.

But if it made you laugh, hey, laughter is good for the soul and the old folks say it's a primary ingredient to a long life. That's of value, for sure. Mission accomplished.
Rate this post positively

Old 09-08-2013, 09:07 PM

1,615 posts, read 2,504,533 times
I'm not attracted to masculine women. I'm attracted to men. Even the idea of a woman makes me grossed out. Women don't have di--s. Women have different bodies that I'm not attracted to. Also I'm attracted to men in a romantic sense but not women. I have lots of female friends and I love them but not in a romantic way.

Old 09-09-2013, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
I'm not attracted to masculine women. I'm attracted to men. Even the idea of a woman makes me grossed out. Women don't have di--s.
Some women do, and not through sex change operations of any kind.

Some men don't. Does that mean they don't deserve love?

And there's a phenomenon whereby some ladies consider themselves "intersex". At the very least, the physical evidence is irrefutable, even though I'd still call them ladies. You could rock with one of them also.

And if the presence of a penis is really the only thing you seek... dude... don't you think that's shallow? You're essentially breaking a person down to one part of his body. Besides, a woman can fake having a penis plenty easily by using a "toy"... or at least so I've heard. I'm not into that sort of thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
Women have different bodies that I'm not attracted to. Also I'm attracted to men in a romantic sense but not women. I have lots of female friends and I love them but not in a romantic way.
Some women's bodies are indistinguishable from men's bodies. You can't tell me you've never once had it happen where you see someone and wonder for more than a second if it's a man or a woman you're viewing. That's happened to almost everyone.

Have you ever met a truly manly woman, who was essentially indistinguishable from a man but for perhaps a higher-pitched voice and breasts you might sometimes notice if she wears clothing that doesn't obscure them?

What's so gross about women, anyway? If anything, men are the more "gross" gender.

Old 09-09-2013, 07:36 AM

2,682 posts, read 4,318,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomaniGypsy View Post

And there's a phenomenon whereby some ladies consider themselves "intersex". At the very least, the physical evidence is irrefutable, even though I'd still call them ladies. You could rock with one of them also.

And if the presence of a penis is really the only thing you seek... dude... don't you think that's shallow? You're essentially breaking a person down to one part of his body. Besides, a woman can fake having a penis plenty easily by using a "toy"... or at least so I've heard. I'm not into that sort of thing.

Some women's bodies are indistinguishable from men's bodies. You can't tell me you've never once had it happen where you see someone and wonder for more than a second if it's a man or a woman you're viewing. That's happened to almost everyone.

Have you ever met a truly manly woman, who was essentially indistinguishable from a man but for perhaps a higher-pitched voice and breasts you might sometimes notice if she wears clothing that doesn't obscure them?

What's so gross about women, anyway? If anything, men are the more "gross" gender.
Homo or hetero sexuality is highly based on sexual attraction. Different people find different things sexually arousing. For this guy, he finds dudes sexually attractive and women not. What's it to you. It's not something you can control, it's a biological response. Which is why I think the debate of whether you are born gay or not is completely useless and off base. The real fact is what gets you sexually aroused, which you can't control. That isn't to say that a woman that identifies as a lesbian can't be at some point sexually attracted to male, but it's not impossible.

In the very least, what's it all matter to you? Some people are completely homosexual, some completely heterosexual, some somewhere in between. When you find that one person that makes you happy in life, mentally, physically and emotionally, so that you want to share the rest of your life with them, what does it matter what sex they are, or which bucket society has put you in. Life is hard as it is and if you are able to find a partner that mutually loves and respects you and is willing to chase the same goals and dreams with you, you've already won. Why deny this to people on the basis of bigotry, hate or religion.

Old 09-10-2013, 08:33 AM

1,035 posts, read 1,480,688 times
The problem with RomaniGypsy can be summed up fairly easily. He has a superiority complex and he doesn't have enough of an open mind to understand when something is different. I'm sure he'll come back with a 10,000 character BS laced response about how he has an open mind, etc. But...the simple point is, you aren't gay, you don't have same-sex desires, so who are you to say how a same-sex person should feel or what they should do?

I am a male. I am not a female. I can only relate so much to a female, but I have never been a female, so who am I to tell a woman what it's like to be a woman?

I am not bisexual. Some people, even in the gay community, think bisexuality is a cop out. I disagree. I've never been attracted to both males and females sexually. Since I have never "walked a mile in their shoes," who am I to say, "That's a load of crap."

I am not transgendered. I have never felt that I should be a female. There are people that do. Who am I to judge them and tell them that what they're feeling simply needs to be beat with a Bible and prayer and they'll be good as new?

You get the picture, or maybe you don't, that's the entire issue. You can post all the long-winded responses you want, but you're small minded. If you can't grasp the very basic concept of, "I've never walked a mile in your shoes, who am I to judge and tell you how it should be?" then you're a lost a cause.

And let me just nip this in the bud now...children can't consent because they aren't fully mentally developed until a certain age, that age, being generally agreed on around 16 - 18 years of age. Animals are not even human beings, therefore they cannot consent.

Old 09-10-2013, 09:57 AM

6,413 posts, read 10,133,025 times
Quote:
Dude... when my wife doesn't shave, even if a month goes by without her shaving, it's still glorified peach fuzz. You couldn't even tell, from six feet away... and she's a brunette. But what does that have to do with the topic at hand?

And I would gladly extend the same courtesy, as you suggest, to everyone else in the same situation - viz. any other man who prefers hairy 400-pound women. (That is, as long as he didn't try to take mine when she's gone a month without shaving. Such an attempt would invite my wrath for sure.)

Buddy, I didn't expect that you of all people would find anything of value in there. It was an answer to a question from the one poster on this thread who comes from "the other side of the fence" who actually had the decency to approach this topic civilly.

But if it made you laugh, hey, laughter is good for the soul and the old folks say it's a primary ingredient to a long life. That's of value, for sure. Mission accomplished.
He laughed because every thing you said is baloney. Again, you are not gay, you know squat about being gay or how we came to the realization that we are gay. I cannot make myself find women attractive sexually and the same goes with 90% or more of gay people, we cannot change our sexual orientation any more than a straight person can just find a same sex person sexually attractive. Why not try asking the gay people themselves, we are better informed about our sexual orientation than any straight person ever ever could be. Like, I find the idea of sex with women repulsive and do not understand what drives a man to want to have sex with a woman, but that does not mean that I think all men should only be with men. See how that works.

Old 09-10-2013, 10:02 AM

6,413 posts, read 10,133,025 times
Quote:

You want men who are attracted to men to just pretend a woman is sexually attractive? Why not go out and try meeting a feminine man who has a high pitched voice and ignore that he has no boobs and no vagina and have sex with him. See if it works and come back to us on that one. If you yourself are not attracted to me, then it probably will not work, same with gay men or lesbians. I as a gay man, want a MAN, not a woman, a man with a mans chest, a mans penis, not some plastic or rubber strapon. Ever try sucking on a rubber penis? Probably not fun, nor taste good. Do you find the idea of sex with men gross?

Old 09-10-2013, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katestar View Post
Homo or hetero sexuality is highly based on sexual attraction. Different people find different things sexually arousing. For this guy, he finds dudes sexually attractive and women not. What's it to you. It's not something you can control, it's a biological response. Which is why I think the debate of whether you are born gay or not is completely useless and off base. The real fact is what gets you sexually aroused, which you can't control. That isn't to say that a woman that identifies as a lesbian can't be at some point sexually attracted to male, but it's not impossible.

In the very least, what's it all matter to you? Some people are completely homosexual, some completely heterosexual, some somewhere in between. When you find that one person that makes you happy in life, mentally, physically and emotionally, so that you want to share the rest of your life with them, what does it matter what sex they are, or which bucket society has put you in. Life is hard as it is and if you are able to find a partner that mutually loves and respects you and is willing to chase the same goals and dreams with you, you've already won. Why deny this to people on the basis of bigotry, hate or religion.
It matters to me only insofar as acceptance of it is being rammed down my throat. I've always been able to be friends with people of all types, whether or not I accepted what they did. I've been friends with smokers - just don't smoke around me. I've been friends with druggies - just don't do drugs around me. I've been friends with homosexuals - just don't engage in same-sex affection around me. The list goes on. Historically, these people have known about my antipathy toward things they do, and out of respect for me, they keep it away from me. And out of respect for them, I don't say anything to them about it as long as they don't bring it up. That always worked in the 1990's and the previous decade. Why is it suddenly such a problem now?

Again, I know I'm not being made to do it but I have worked as a wedding DJ. What's next - I get sued out of business because I won't DJ a gay wedding? I'd sooner hang up my turntables and retire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngabe View Post
The problem with RomaniGypsy can be summed up fairly easily. He has a superiority complex and he doesn't have enough of an open mind to understand when something is different. I'm sure he'll come back with a 10,000 character BS laced response about how he has an open mind, etc. But...the simple point is, you aren't gay, you don't have same-sex desires, so who are you to say how a same-sex person should feel or what they should do?

I am a male. I am not a female. I can only relate so much to a female, but I have never been a female, so who am I to tell a woman what it's like to be a woman?

I am not bisexual. Some people, even in the gay community, think bisexuality is a cop out. I disagree. I've never been attracted to both males and females sexually. Since I have never "walked a mile in their shoes," who am I to say, "That's a load of crap."

I am not transgendered. I have never felt that I should be a female. There are people that do. Who am I to judge them and tell them that what they're feeling simply needs to be beat with a Bible and prayer and they'll be good as new?

You get the picture, or maybe you don't, that's the entire issue. You can post all the long-winded responses you want, but you're small minded. If you can't grasp the very basic concept of, "I've never walked a mile in your shoes, who am I to judge and tell you how it should be?" then you're a lost a cause.

And let me just nip this in the bud now...children can't consent because they aren't fully mentally developed until a certain age, that age, being generally agreed on around 16 - 18 years of age. Animals are not even human beings, therefore they cannot consent.
I'm not open-minded. Never have been, never will be. Open minds are like open windows - you need screens to keep the bugs out.

(By the way, that response clocked in at exactly 126 characters. Gee, only 9,874 to go...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
He laughed because every thing you said is baloney. Again, you are not gay, you know squat about being gay or how we came to the realization that we are gay. I cannot make myself find women attractive sexually and the same goes with 90% or more of gay people, we cannot change our sexual orientation any more than a straight person can just find a same sex person sexually attractive. Why not try asking the gay people themselves, we are better informed about our sexual orientation than any straight person ever ever could be. Like, I find the idea of sex with women repulsive and do not understand what drives a man to want to have sex with a woman, but that does not mean that I think all men should only be with men. See how that works.
I've done that. Not one has said that the other gender was unattractive. Out of six "gay people" I have personally known, the three men "turned gay" in their teens or twenties... who knows what they're doing now... and the three ladies "turned gay" then "turned back".

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
You want men who are attracted to men to just pretend a woman is sexually attractive? Why not go out and try meeting a feminine man who has a high pitched voice and ignore that he has no boobs and no vagina and have sex with him. See if it works and come back to us on that one. If you yourself are not attracted to me, then it probably will not work, same with gay men or lesbians. I as a gay man, want a MAN, not a woman, a man with a mans chest, a mans penis, not some plastic or rubber strapon. Ever try sucking on a rubber penis? Probably not fun, nor taste good. Do you find the idea of sex with men gross?
Why not? Because it's sin. Do I find the idea of sex with men gross? Yes.

Old 09-10-2013, 02:26 PM

2,142 posts, read 1,821,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raindrop101 View Post
Heterosexual marriage is between 2 non-related, consenting adults.
Homosexual marriage is between 2 non-related, consenting adults.

Incest is not between 2 non-related, consenting adults.
Polygamy is not between 2 non-related, consenting adults.
Marriage to children is not between 2 non-related, consenting adults.
Marriage to animals is not between 2 non-related, consenting adults.

Though I don't have a problem with polygamy as long as those involved are consenting adults.
If the 'man and woman' part of marriage can be replaced with 'adults' why cant 2 be replaced with 3 or non-related be removed, or adults be changed to people? They all can be changed, if society wants them to, that is the key. It is a not a 'right' to be allowed into marriage unless society as a whole decides that the definition should cover your situation. The whole issue is not a matter of 'rights' or 'justice', its a matter of public opinion.

Old 09-10-2013, 06:50 PM

14,917 posts, read 12,647,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFi View Post
It is a not a 'right' to be allowed into marriage unless society as a whole decides that the definition should cover your situation. The whole issue is not a matter of 'rights' or 'justice', its a matter of public opinion.
That's not at all how I read the 14th Amendment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.