U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 09-11-2013, 01:24 PM
 
2,142 posts, read 1,821,985 times
Reputation: 1059

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Ever been to a Mardi Gras Parade? Ever been on Spring Break? Perhaps you should try to get them banned. All that vulgar sexual identity on display! This is what it looks like to be straight?
Nice try.
Rate this post positively

 
Old 09-11-2013, 01:25 PM
 
Location: Montreal, Quebec
15,084 posts, read 13,745,886 times
Reputation: 9779
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFi View Post
Sure, freak shows can be fun, but it's no way to get accepted into mainstream society. You will always be seen as those sex-crazed freaks who we throw money at twice a year to amuse us. Completely degrading to normal gay people.
Do tell. They HAVE been accepted into mainstream society up here. The world didn't come to a screeching halt and society didn't disintegrate.
It's a miracle!
Rate this post positively
 
Old 09-11-2013, 01:26 PM
 
2,142 posts, read 1,821,985 times
Reputation: 1059
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
If it's so degrading and vulgar, why do you go to the parades?
They are pretty hard to miss when they are backing up traffic throughout half the downtown area.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 09-11-2013, 01:28 PM
 
4,176 posts, read 4,495,209 times
Reputation: 1672
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFi View Post
They are pretty hard to miss when they are backing up traffic throughout half the downtown area.
Ahh...so...it's not the vulgarity that offends you. It's the traffic tie-up that happens once a year, on a weekend, in a place whose location you know and could easily avoid. You're a victim here. I see now.

Should I stop you before you make yourself dizzy?
Rate this post positively
 
Old 09-11-2013, 01:30 PM
 
2,142 posts, read 1,821,985 times
Reputation: 1059
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Do tell. They HAVE been accepted into mainstream society up here. The world didn't come to a screeching halt and society didn't disintegrate.
It's a miracle!
Society IS disintegrating. Gay pride parades are not the cause but a symptom of that disintegration.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 09-11-2013, 01:31 PM
 
2,142 posts, read 1,821,985 times
Reputation: 1059
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
Ahh...so...it's not the vulgarity that offends you. It's the traffic tie-up that happens once a year, on a weekend, in a place whose location you know and could easily avoid. You're a victim here. I see now.

Should I stop you before you make yourself dizzy?
Nice try
Rate this post positively
 
Old 09-11-2013, 01:55 PM
 
4,176 posts, read 4,495,209 times
Reputation: 1672
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFi View Post
Nice try
That's the second time you've used that cop-out in response to a legitimate question. Translation: you have no real problem, you just like to b**ch.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 09-11-2013, 02:06 PM
 
2,142 posts, read 1,821,985 times
Reputation: 1059
I only use it when the attempt was so hollow that there is nothing there to respond to.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 09-11-2013, 03:37 PM
 
Location: Montreal, Quebec
15,084 posts, read 13,745,886 times
Reputation: 9779
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFi View Post
I only use it when the attempt was so hollow that there is nothing there to respond to.
Baloney. I asked how the "vulgarities" of the Pride Parade are different from the Mardi Gras Parade, and you responded with your idiotic "Nice Try!" because you've got nothing.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 09-11-2013, 05:11 PM
 
2,142 posts, read 1,821,985 times
Reputation: 1059
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Baloney. I asked how the "vulgarities" of the Pride Parade are different from the Mardi Gras Parade, and you responded with your idiotic "Nice Try!" because you've got nothing.
They aren't even close to being similar. I'm sure you will now go find the most extreme mardi gras picture you can and the most tame gay pride one but your not going to fool anyone.
Rate this post positively
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:23 AM.

© 2005-2023, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top