U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 09-11-2013, 07:10 PM
 
Location: Montreal, Quebec
15,084 posts, read 13,745,886 times
Reputation: 9779

Advertisements

Perhaps you would prefer Har! Har! Har! Har! Har! In any case, you knew exactly what it meant but prefer to change the subject because you have nothing else.
Rate this post positively

 
Old 09-11-2013, 07:14 PM
 
219 posts, read 275,806 times
Reputation: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Perhaps you would prefer Har! Har! Har! Har! Har! In any case, you knew exactly what it meant but prefer to change the subject because you have nothing else.
Actually, I support gay rights.... ever since the early 90's. Sorry dude, I was way ahead of the curve...... just like messing with you on the goofy acronyms
Rate this post positively
 
Old 09-11-2013, 07:17 PM
 
1,519 posts, read 1,189,156 times
Reputation: 897
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternGuitarGuy View Post
Why would I know what that acronym means.... I prefer to act intelligent when I communicate, not make people think I am 14
I am not exactly a spring chicken but even I know what this acronym means. I must admit that I wonder about people who, in this day and age, are not familiar with such abbreviations. Sure, I understand it in cases of rarity or novelty, but not knowing what ROFLMAO means is akin to not understanding what IRS or LOL stands for.

To me, it is often a sign of a general disconnect from societal developments - barring the obvious reasons for not being familiar with such usage (cultural, language, etc.). It certainly shows a very firm divorce from our younger generations.

Mind you, I am not a fan of this type of mutilation, but I have no idea how one manages to escape this stuff, especially if one uses a computer and the internet regularly.

But perhaps you were just trying to get welt's goat (ttgwg, so to speak).
Rate this post positively
 
Old 09-11-2013, 07:23 PM
 
Location: Montreal, Quebec
15,084 posts, read 13,745,886 times
Reputation: 9779
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternGuitarGuy View Post
Actually, I support gay rights.... ever since the early 90's. Sorry dude, I was way ahead of the curve...... just like messing with you on the goofy acronyms
For what it's worth. I'm not a dude.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 09-11-2013, 07:23 PM
 
1,615 posts, read 2,504,533 times
Reputation: 805
Why even bring up the topic of gay parades? Just because you're gay doesn't mean that you have ever been to one. I nevrr have because I live in a small town. People don't automatically bring up mardi gras when talking about straight people.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 09-11-2013, 07:24 PM
 
219 posts, read 275,806 times
Reputation: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuselage View Post
I am not exactly a spring chicken but even I know what this acronym means. I must admit that I wonder about people who, in this day and age, are not familiar with such abbreviations. Sure, I understand it in cases of rarity or novelty, but not knowing what ROFLMAO means is akin to not understanding what IRS or LOL stands for.

To me, it is often a sign of a general disconnect from societal developments - barring the obvious reasons for not being familiar with such usage (cultural, language, etc.). It certainly shows a very firm divorce from our younger generations.

Mind you, I am not a fan of this type of mutilation, but I have no idea how one manages to escape this stuff, especially if one uses a computer and the internet regularly.

But perhaps you were just trying to get welt's goat (ttgwg, so to speak).
I know plenty of people who dont use those acronyms...of all different ages. Perhaps we run with different crowds, mine generally can think for themselves. Sounds like yours, not so much...nothing wrong with certain societal developments, as long as they are positive.

Are you going to finger wag me some more?
Rate this post positively
 
Old 09-11-2013, 07:25 PM
 
Location: Montreal, Quebec
15,084 posts, read 13,745,886 times
Reputation: 9779
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuselage View Post
I am not exactly a spring chicken but even I know what this acronym means. I must admit that I wonder about people who, in this day and age, are not familiar with such abbreviations. Sure, I understand it in cases of rarity or novelty, but not knowing what ROFLMAO means is akin to not understanding what IRS or LOL stands for.

To me, it is often a sign of a general disconnect from societal developments - barring the obvious reasons for not being familiar with such usage (cultural, language, etc.). It certainly shows a very firm divorce from our younger generations.

Mind you, I am not a fan of this type of mutilation, but I have no idea how one manages to escape this stuff, especially if one uses a computer and the internet regularly.

But perhaps you were just trying to get welt's goat (ttgwg, so to speak).
I no longer have a goat. I used to have three when I lived in the USSR and they used to follow me everywhere. Nice beasts, but stank like the dickens!
Rate this post positively
 
Old 09-11-2013, 07:29 PM
 
Location: Montreal, Quebec
15,084 posts, read 13,745,886 times
Reputation: 9779
Oh, and for those who are mystified about acronyms, USSR stands for Union of Soviet Socialist Republics. You're welcome.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 09-11-2013, 07:54 PM
 
Location: I live wherever I am.
1,935 posts, read 4,551,280 times
Reputation: 3308
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
....and are massive rolls of blubbery fat on a morbidly obese woman the only thing YOU seek?
Dude, don't you think that's shallow?
'Twasn't the only thing I sought. It was but one thing on a list of ~50 "must haves". However, where "size" is concerned, my wife was a size 32 when we met. These days she's in the mid-20's. It's tough to tell... first of all, I don't pay attention nor do I care... and second of all, she's so much bigger on the bottom than she is on the top, so to apply one "size" to her is misleading. I'd dated women down to size 14 and did not find them too thin. 12 was "too thin". So did a woman have to be morbidly obese to be attractive to me? No. Maybe it's the shape. Her shape is awesome.

But it's certainly not the only thing I sought. Thanks for playing - we have some wonderful parting gifts for you.

I'm not going to convince you, nor anyone, that I'm right. People who are this brainwashed are naturally going to believe that one such as myself is illogically bigoted.

However, someday...... Romans 14:11 "For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God."

Every.

Including yours.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 09-11-2013, 08:02 PM
 
Location: Oklahoma
577 posts, read 487,423 times
Reputation: 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomaniGypsy View Post
'Twasn't the only thing I sought. It was but one thing on a list of ~50 "must haves". However, where "size" is concerned, my wife was a size 32 when we met. These days she's in the mid-20's. It's tough to tell... first of all, I don't pay attention nor do I care... and second of all, she's so much bigger on the bottom than she is on the top, so to apply one "size" to her is misleading. I'd dated women down to size 14 and did not find them too thin. 12 was "too thin". So did a woman have to be morbidly obese to be attractive to me? No. Maybe it's the shape. Her shape is awesome.

But it's certainly not the only thing I sought. Thanks for playing - we have some wonderful parting gifts for you.

I'm not going to convince you, nor anyone, that I'm right. People who are this brainwashed are naturally going to believe that one such as myself is illogically bigoted.

However, someday...... Romans 14:11 "For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God."

Every.

Including yours.
TMI
Rate this post positively
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:06 AM.

© 2005-2023, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top