U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 09-12-2013, 07:41 AM
 
6,822 posts, read 6,259,067 times
Reputation: 3762

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
Which one?

Astarte? Zeus? Vishnu? Odin? Yahweh? Cthulhu? Flying Spaghetti Monster?
The one that is REAL.. I suggest you seek and answer this question for yourself.

No one is evolving.. That is a joke let alone a poor science fiction conclusion.

Beam be up Scotty. Warp Speed Lieutenant.. Welcome to the Star Trek Generation.

The Bible says Professing themselves to be Wise they became fools. (Romans 1)
Rate this post positively

 
Old 09-12-2013, 07:43 AM
bUU
 
Location: Florida
12,077 posts, read 10,196,352 times
Reputation: 8792
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
While Mikelee81 didn't go this far, and perhaps without realizing it, what he's written effectively indicates that any set of two adults should be able to claim all the benefits our society bestows on married couples, because government shouldn't be using marriage as a criteria for those benefits but rather something both unrelated to marriage and (of course) fair and just.
NOPE
Apparently you still don't realize it. I'm okay with that.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 09-12-2013, 07:47 AM
 
6,822 posts, read 6,259,067 times
Reputation: 3762
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
Your points are non nonsensical. What if I don't believe in your God? Why should your faith determine my Civil Rights as an American because you believe what was written in a book thousands of years ago? Last time I checked the US Constitution is what rules this nation not the Bible.
In the end, if you do not believe in "my" God it does not matter because what matters is what IS REALITY and TRUTH not what we believe.

I may believe that the sky is grey according to my perception, but it does not matter when the sky is blue.

Federal Government has NO BUSINESS in the Marriage Business.

If they would just butt their ugly heads out of it all, things would all work out naturally.

The "Gays" would flock to areas of the country where the "gay" society is endorsed, and God will simply Judge this wicked behavior. He will be blessing those that Choose to adhere to His Familial Order.

It's a REAL SIMPLE solution to the problem.

All this foolish talk and wasted energy could be spent on more pressing issues, such as Syria, North Korea, the Fed Reserve printing dollars to pay our debt/keep economy going fiscal issues, etc...
Rate this post positively
 
Old 09-12-2013, 07:51 AM
 
Location: Deep Dirty South
5,190 posts, read 5,081,372 times
Reputation: 3860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
The one that is REAL...
So, which one is that and what possible reason or evidence do you have to make such a baseless assertion?
Rate this post positively
 
Old 09-12-2013, 07:51 AM
 
15,720 posts, read 11,287,753 times
Reputation: 7007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
In the end, if you do not believe in "my" God it does not matter because what matters is what IS REALITY and TRUTH not what we believe.

I may believe that the sky is grey according to my perception, but it does not matter when the sky is blue.

Federal Government has NO BUSINESS in the Marriage Business.

If they would just butt their ugly heads out of it all, things would all work out naturally.

The "Gays" would flock to areas of the country where the "gay" society is endorsed, and God will simply Judge this wicked behavior. He will be blessing those that Choose to adhere to His Familial Order.

It's a REAL SIMPLE solution to the problem.

All this foolish talk and wasted energy could be spent on more pressing issues, such as Syria, North Korea, the Fed Reserve printing dollars to pay our debt/keep economy going fiscal issues, etc...
God says you're wrong, sorry.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 09-12-2013, 08:06 AM
 
Location: NYC based - Used to Live in Philly - Transplant from Miami
2,308 posts, read 2,614,954 times
Reputation: 2610
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Another manifestation of your homophobia.

And where did weltschmerz make the argument that because something is "natural" it is therefore "okay" (or good or moral or correct)? Hint - he didn't. His posts were refutations of T-310, who is the one making insinuating that natural = okay.

I've always found that it's social conservatives who try and make the link between what is natural and what is moral - and I've never understood that. Well, I do understand what they're doing. When they say "natural" they usually mean "what my god tells me is natural."
Hammertime, I agree with you.
When they say "natural" they usually mean "what my god tells me is natural". And even that, they are not being consistent.
Mary was 12 - 13 years when he was married to Joseph, an old fart of 40 years old or more. Using that as an account, these bigot (i.e., religious zealots) cannot and should not think that pedophilia is a sexual perversion.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 09-12-2013, 08:51 AM
 
Location: Virginia Beach
8,349 posts, read 6,782,907 times
Reputation: 2867
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
The one that is REAL.. I suggest you seek and answer this question for yourself.
I did.

And my God has zero issues with homosexuals or homosexual marriage.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 09-12-2013, 09:04 AM
 
17,842 posts, read 13,873,305 times
Reputation: 4113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
NOPE

What I am saying is that the GOVERNMENT has NO BUSINESS being in the Marriage business. There should be

NO

BENEFIT

through taxes or any other means because GOVERNMENT has no PLACE in this GOD-ordained INSTITUTION.

So GOVERNMENT should have never got involved in the FIRST PLACE.

God is not blessing Homosexual "Marriages"..

According to Him it is an ABOMINATION, and is going to come into Judgment if not repented of and forsaken.

If the Government would just but out of the entire issue, than it would go away because SOCIETY at LARGE DOES NOT CONDONE THIS UNION.

It has become and issue because the Federal GOVERNEMENT decided to butt its ugly head into business that is not theirs.


So "Gay" people go attempt to get married... IS GOD BLESSING IT?

NO..

Things will work themselves out naturally.
The government already has nothing to do with a religious matrimonial ceremony.

You don't have to have a civil marriage license to have a church wedding. So if you don't want the government involved in your marriage, don't get a marriage license - just have your wedding ceremony in your church. It won't be recognized by the government - all your problems solved.

However you don't have the right to force your religious beliefs on others who do want a civil marriage licence with legal protections, responsibilities and benefits.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 09-12-2013, 09:08 AM
 
Location: Pittsburgh
1,035 posts, read 1,480,183 times
Reputation: 774
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
In the end, if you do not believe in "my" God it does not matter because what matters is what IS REALITY and TRUTH not what we believe.

I may believe that the sky is grey according to my perception, but it does not matter when the sky is blue.

Federal Government has NO BUSINESS in the Marriage Business.

If they would just butt their ugly heads out of it all, things would all work out naturally.

The "Gays" would flock to areas of the country where the "gay" society is endorsed, and God will simply Judge this wicked behavior. He will be blessing those that Choose to adhere to His Familial Order.

It's a REAL SIMPLE solution to the problem.

All this foolish talk and wasted energy could be spent on more pressing issues, such as Syria, North Korea, the Fed Reserve printing dollars to pay our debt/keep economy going fiscal issues, etc...
Congratulations for being a Bible-beating, brainwashed stereotype. All of my Christian friends are so embarrassed by scripture regurgitating folks like yourself, it's sad.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 09-12-2013, 09:14 AM
 
17,842 posts, read 13,873,305 times
Reputation: 4113
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFi View Post
I do not see it as a right to be part of something that you were excluded from by definition of that thing. Big deal, you were born one way so just do your thing, make your own institution, no one will mind. You wouldn't try to force your way into a red headed club if you don't have red hair, why would you expect to force your way into a heterosexual institution if you are not heterosexual? Why not wait to be welcomed in, as societal attitudes change, wouldn't that be more rewarding anyways?
A 'voter' used to be defined as a white male property owner. Then blacks forced their way into the club, then women.
Rate this post positively
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:42 AM.

© 2005-2023, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top