U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2013, 09:15 AM

1,519 posts, read 1,189,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternGuitarGuy View Post
Yeah, you are definitely trying to finger wag me.....

Once again, your post is full of assumptions..... almost every person who is older (where I am) is cool with gays getting married. As far as young people, most I know, as I stated above, don't talk with dumb acronyms. I tend to hang out with creative and intelligent types so they tend to have better socialization skills. Most of them don't stare at I Phones all day too....

There are more than you think out there like that..... many also prefer rock and country music to rap music as well. I do enjoy how you are trying very hard to make me out to be some bad guy who is out of touch. It is you, however who seem like you don't know what is happening outside of tv stereotypes

You really do like to project and generalize based on your own environment..... we aren't homogeneous culturally yet. Try opening your mind as well
Uh-huh - you are so in touch that, after ten years of usage, you had never encountered ROFLMAO. Got it.

And no, I am not trying to make you the "bad" guy - there is nothing bad about being out of touch with younger generations. It just is, and it is natural and normal, too. It has certain long-term disadvantages but there are plenty of blissful advantages, too. At any rate, I suppose it never occurred to you that you were not at the center of all this and that my initial comment was expressing that such a lack of familiarity is simply a manifestation of living a life that MUST be separate from younger generations. It was a general observation - although you happened to be an example of such a person and, I am sure, that's why you thought it was more personal than I had intended.

I cannot do more than assure you that I don't see this as an attack on your person even though you clearly do. All THAT tells me is that you are a.) really not around young people a whole lot, and that b.) you believe that this is not an ideal situation. Why else would you feel the need to be defensive?

Last edited by Fuselage; 09-12-2013 at 09:26 AM..
Rate this post positively

Old 09-12-2013, 09:18 AM

6,413 posts, read 10,132,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
NOPE

What I am saying is that the GOVERNMENT has NO BUSINESS being in the Marriage business. There should be

NO

BENEFIT

through taxes or any other means because GOVERNMENT has no PLACE in this GOD-ordained INSTITUTION.

So GOVERNMENT should have never got involved in the FIRST PLACE.

God is not blessing Homosexual "Marriages"..

According to Him it is an ABOMINATION, and is going to come into Judgment if not repented of and forsaken.

If the Government would just but out of the entire issue, than it would go away because SOCIETY at LARGE DOES NOT CONDONE THIS UNION.

It has become and issue because the Federal GOVERNEMENT decided to butt its ugly head into business that is not theirs.

So "Gay" people go attempt to get married... IS GOD BLESSING IT?

NO..

Things will work themselves out naturally.
The moment you mentioned your god as a judge on who can marry explains why the government is involved in marriage instead of the church. So tell me this, is it your god and your church that decides who can marry, or any church. The Uniterians want to marry same sex couples, should be be allowed? Or does your church in your mind govern all churches and all religions. Take your god and do what you want with it, but keep it and your bible out of my life and many others who do not want its intrusion and controls.

Old 09-12-2013, 09:21 AM

Quote:
In the end, if you do not believe in "my" God it does not matter because what matters is what IS REALITY and TRUTH not what we believe.

I may believe that the sky is grey according to my perception, but it does not matter when the sky is blue.

Federal Government has NO BUSINESS in the Marriage Business.

If they would just butt their ugly heads out of it all, things would all work out naturally.

The "Gays" would flock to areas of the country where the "gay" society is endorsed, and God will simply Judge this wicked behavior. He will be blessing those that Choose to adhere to His Familial Order.

It's a REAL SIMPLE solution to the problem.

All this foolish talk and wasted energy could be spent on more pressing issues, such as Syria, North Korea, the Fed Reserve printing dollars to pay our debt/keep economy going fiscal issues, etc...
Your god is not real to many people, your god does not rule everyone. We are not a theocracy for a good reason. People who believe their god is the only one or the right one are dillusional at least.

Old 09-12-2013, 09:32 AM

17,842 posts, read 13,875,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomaniGypsy View Post
'Twasn't the only thing I sought. It was but one thing on a list of ~50 "must haves". However, where "size" is concerned, my wife was a size 32 when we met. These days she's in the mid-20's. It's tough to tell... first of all, I don't pay attention nor do I care... and second of all, she's so much bigger on the bottom than she is on the top, so to apply one "size" to her is misleading. I'd dated women down to size 14 and did not find them too thin. 12 was "too thin". So did a woman have to be morbidly obese to be attractive to me? No. Maybe it's the shape. Her shape is awesome.

But it's certainly not the only thing I sought. Thanks for playing - we have some wonderful parting gifts for you.

I'm not going to convince you, nor anyone, that I'm right. People who are this brainwashed are naturally going to believe that one such as myself is illogically bigoted.

However, someday...... Romans 14:11 "For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God."

Every.

Including yours.
For it is written:

You better watch out, you better not cry
You better not pout, I'm telling you why
Santa Claus is coming to town.

He sees you when you're sleeping
He knows when you're awake
He knows if you've been bad or good
So be good for goodness sake.

Old 09-12-2013, 09:35 AM

17,842 posts, read 13,875,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton360 View Post
It'll all happen. Mark my words.
The gay marriage concession will open the floodgates eventually. Since they knocked over the traditional definition of marriage, how can politicians be consistent and deny it to those you listed?
I know...
Since they knocked over the traditional definition of a voter, the floodgates opened and blacks were allowed to vote.
Then we even got WOMEN voting.
What next? Pets can vote?

Shocking I tell you. Shocking!
Mark my words...

Old 09-12-2013, 09:41 AM

15,068 posts, read 8,371,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
So tell me this, is it your god and your church that decides who can marry, or any church. The Uniterians want to marry same sex couples, should be be allowed? Or does your church in your mind govern all churches and all religions.
The American Taliban--aka fundamentalist Christians--will have veto power over all those "lesser" religions. At least, that's what the OP and the poster you're responding to are hoping for.

Old 09-12-2013, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
The American Taliban--aka fundamentalist Christians--will have veto power over all those "lesser" religions. At least, that's what the OP and the poster you're responding to are hoping for.
In other words they support religious totalitarianism. Or religious dictatorship. They do not realize how brainwashed they are by their church, they are so blind and faithful.

Old 09-12-2013, 02:23 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,189,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
In other words they support religious totalitarianism. Or religious dictatorship. They do not realize how brainwashed they are by their church, they are so blind and faithful.
Yeah - but it's for everyone's benefit. You just don't know how happy you would be if you were forced to abide by Christian doctrine. PLUS: You'll be saved!!!

What even more amazing is that the overwhelming majority of self-proclaimed Christians fail to adhere to Christian doctrine. They are highly selective in determining which doctrine is relevant in their lives and which rules can simply be disregarded. Gluttony? No problem. Lying? No problem. Avarice? No problem. Cheating? No problem. Not fasting? No problem. Taking revenge? No problem. And so on.

Naturally, when they violate the many rules of Christianity it's simply because they are imperfect. When somebody else violates a rule that these people do not personally break (like being homosexual), only THEN does it become a sin that needs to be condemned.

I don't mind what anyone believes. But if you feel the need to condemn others for violating the rules of your club, then you better make sure that you, yourself, adhere to them. Until then, the whole thing is simply a pathetic demonstration of hypocrisy.

Last edited by Fuselage; 09-12-2013 at 02:32 PM..

Old 09-12-2013, 04:21 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,198,222 times
Quote:
NOPE

What I am saying is that the GOVERNMENT has NO BUSINESS being in the Marriage business. There should be

NO

BENEFIT

through taxes or any other means because GOVERNMENT has no PLACE in this GOD-ordained INSTITUTION.

So GOVERNMENT should have never got involved in the FIRST PLACE.

God is not blessing Homosexual "Marriages"..

According to Him it is an ABOMINATION, and is going to come into Judgment if not repented of and forsaken.

If the Government would just but out of the entire issue, than it would go away because SOCIETY at LARGE DOES NOT CONDONE THIS UNION.

It has become and issue because the Federal GOVERNEMENT decided to butt its ugly head into business that is not theirs.

So "Gay" people go attempt to get married... IS GOD BLESSING IT?

NO..

Things will work themselves out naturally.
God is just a story. Marriage is a legal contract; religious views do not matter.

Old 09-12-2013, 10:15 PM

2,158 posts, read 1,923,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
Your points are non nonsensical. What if I don't believe in your God? Why should your faith determine my Civil Rights as an American because you believe what was written in a book thousands of years ago? Last time I checked the US Constitution is what rules this nation not the Bible.
And yet people of your ilk are against guns. Odd...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.