Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2013, 11:27 AM

511 posts, read 799,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngabe View Post
Hey T-Rob123, can I veto your stupidest line of the day remark in favor of the above?

SERIOUSLY? The baker received the same medicine. People called out loudly to not patronize this business. That is precisely what happened to Home Depot, JCP, Starbucks, etc...only it didn't work. Just so happens that it worked against the baker. Oh well.
Oh yes, totally equivalent since Home Depot, JCP, Starbucks all received death threats and went out of business thanks to Christians. Oh wait, that didn't happen. Hypocrite much?

Old 09-19-2013, 11:27 AM

1,111 posts, read 1,324,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txdave35 View Post
Not really a good display of Christian behavior to call someone stupid and a bigot. That's the typical blowup defense from the liberal left though. But then again, if you don't believe in the Bible, I wouldn't consider you to be a Christian either.
I didn't call you stupid at all. I said you won an award for the stupidest line today. Intelligent people make stupid comments all the time, I don't know you well enough to determine if you are stupid or not.

Well, like I've said, religion is subjective. I would never, EVER claim to be the deciding factor on who's a Christian or not. I don't think that's my place. If you think it's yours, then I would suggest that that is extremely arrogant.

Quote:
From my perspective, the new norm is now bigotry against Christians. The problem is creating new classes of citizens as protected classes. What if the government declared pot smokers as a protective class. So now I have to allow druggies in my store. Is that right? According to you, absolutely.
Absolutely? Again with the arrogance. Much like OP when he mentions beatiality and polygamy, you are talking about something completely different than homosexuality. Comparing the equal treatment of people who are gay with people who choose to smoke pot is so far off base it makes me wonder if you even have any sort of point or if you are just grasping at any straws because you want someone to go "wow, thank you for pointing out the ignorance of my ways and the brilliance of yours."

Try harder, you might get it one day

Old 09-19-2013, 11:28 AM

1,035 posts, read 1,554,803 times
Quote:
Calling someone a bigot is labeling, ya know.
I didn't call you a bigot. You arrived at that label on your own terms after I pointed out your inconsistencies. So essentially, you're labeling yourself a bigot. At least you're accurate. Throwing out "liberal left" is a label too...naughty, naughty.

You're starting to come up dry on your rebuts...

Old 09-19-2013, 11:29 AM

1,026 posts, read 1,192,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Yep. I have seen dozens of interviews with the baker, and only one from the lesbian couple.
And I believe that interview occurred only after the bakery owner took to facebook and/or the news.

Old 09-19-2013, 11:29 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Quote:
Oh yes, totally equivalent since Home Depot, JCP, Starbucks all received death threats and went out of business thanks to Christians. Oh wait, that didn't happen. Hypocrite much?
Death threats as opposed to..... ACTUALLY beating and killing people for being gay, the way you homophobes do?

BTW:

Kansas pastor calls on U.S. government to kill LGBT people | The Raw Story

Old 09-19-2013, 11:33 AM

1,035 posts, read 1,554,803 times
Quote:
I'm sure those companies did receive threats...they're very public and large. That should be easy to prove. They didn't go out of business--my point exactly...because the Christians calling for the boycott--yeah, their boycott didn't work. It just so happens when people found out about the baker and stopped patronizing him, he folded. One worked, one didn't. Easy concept.

Old 09-19-2013, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Death threats as opposed to..... ACTUALLY beating and killing people for being gay, the way you homophobes do?

BTW:

Kansas pastor calls on U.S. government to kill LGBT people | The Raw Story
So one wacko preacher means all Christians support that? Most Christians I know believe in treating people with kindness and respect.

Old 09-19-2013, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngabe View Post
I didn't call you a bigot. You arrived at that label on your own terms after I pointed out your inconsistencies. So essentially, you're labeling yourself a bigot. At least you're accurate. Throwing out "liberal left" is a label too...naughty, naughty.

You're starting to come up dry on your rebuts...
So you are now calling me a bigot while denying that you never called me a bigot. lol. Liberal left is hardly as as offensive as your label.

Old 09-19-2013, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Rob123 View Post

Absolutely? Again with the arrogance. Much like OP when he mentions beatiality and polygamy, you are talking about something completely different than homosexuality. Comparing the equal treatment of people who are gay with people who choose to smoke pot is so far off base it makes me wonder if you even have any sort of point or if you are just grasping at any straws because you want someone to go "wow, thank you for pointing out the ignorance of my ways and the brilliance of yours."

Try harder, you might get it one day

Nope, I am arguing from a logical perspective which is the government creating a protected class and now we must cater to that class. But because you don't have a problem with homosexuality, you think it's perfectly fine to force their rights over people's freedom of religion. If we bring out an example that you do find offensive, you counter with saying, oh that's not the same thing!

Old 09-19-2013, 11:49 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
So one wacko preacher means all Christians support that? Most Christians I know believe in treating people with kindness and respect.
Yet you seem to be ok with labeling all homosexuals as wackos since some people allegedly made threats against a baker. Most homosexuals I know just want to be treated equally under the laws of our country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies