Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2013, 08:52 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,316,974 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post

Of course. Being gay is just like wanting to be a heroin addict.
If you think about it, being uber religious is a lot closer to wanting to be a heroin addict - a need to escape reality.

Old 09-20-2013, 08:55 PM

15,084 posts, read 14,251,656 times
Quote:

Yet, that can't happen, can it... because the liberals have taken over 2/3 of

the government and now they're ramming laws down our throats about gay
marriage

and gay rights. This is the first time in American history that something deemed

"perversion" for thousands of years, and not provably anything other than a

choice, is being mainstreamed.

How do you feel about oral sex? You do know that it's also deemed a "perversion", right? It's unnatural. It doesn't result in progeny. Heteros love oral sex but bash homosexuality as a perversion.
Yeah, that makes a lot of sense.

Old 09-20-2013, 09:03 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,068,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaPirate355 View Post
I haven't driven any kids to suicide. Lol WTF? You're being absolutely pathetic now. And "intelligent society" actually can see why I'm right, common sense dictates that it takes a man and a woman to create new life, and that the gay lifestyle cannot, it also spreads disease among themselves. Any intelligent person would disagree with it. But unless if someone supports your stupid agendas they are homophobe right?

I think you're just a Christian phobes, or a hetero phobes. Homophobe is a made up word you use to try and silence those you disagree with. Sorry but the 1st Amendment applies to Conservatives too. I don't hate gay people at all, nor am I afraid of them. Therefore the term homophobe does not apply to me.

Also never said my opinions were fact, and neither are yours.
It spreads disease among themselves? You are aware that straight people can actually get diseases right? Maybe you've been lucky enough to never be sick, but I haven't had that luxury. And I'm aware you're talking about STDs, the point however, was that argument was stupid because straight people can actually spread STDs too. Hard to believe, I know, but it's true.

And who cares if they can't create life? We currently aren't facing extinction. And marriage isn't about having children. If it was, people who are over 70 wouldn't be allowed to get married because they won't be popping one out anytime soon.

Christianphobe? That's fun. The difference between homophobia and Chistianphobia is this: gay people never executed scientists.

Speaking of the 1st amendment, freedom of religion doesn't just apply to Christians. I know right wing propaganda states that Jesus personally crafted the constitution with his mighty pen he used to conquer monarchies and slay the surviving dinosaurs of the great flood, but turns out, Christianity isn't the basis of American government. See, you have the right to be Christian, which is short hand for NOT being Muslim, Jewish, Buddhists, Hindu; the list goes on. This means I, along with everyone else, have the right to not be any of those religions that you aren't part of as well as not being Christian. This also applies to gay people. That means they don't have to comply with your silly rules about marriage, which in the Bible involved a man literally owning his wife. Very nice.

Hope this was insightful. I assume your response is "YOU HATE GOD!" or something like that, and that's fine.

Old 09-20-2013, 09:11 PM

1,615 posts, read 2,566,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Hey I am sure that heroin feels great....sorry...but I can not buy into this modern phenomena regarding sexuality...it's more complex than portrayed by those who have made this a political and social issue of the day...I have known a few gay men who were not "bi-sexual" who have had sex with females...so what is that all about?
Probably thinking about a guy and closing their eyes to fit in? I don't know but the very idea of sex with women disgusts me. Dont think I could get it up.

Old 09-20-2013, 09:14 PM

3,124 posts, read 4,915,993 times
The world sees the homophobes for what they are and the fire of hate and insecurity that burns with in them. I have pity for them and at times feel sorry for the way they embarrass themselves. Then I remember that they'd like to see me and a few other million people dead or in camps, and I don't feel so bad anymore.

Old 09-20-2013, 10:25 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,708,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaPirate355 View Post
No it's a lifestyle. My sister converted to lesbianism after her ex boyfriend beat her up so much, and she took some radical feminist classes at college. I don't think it's necessarily a choice for everyone, but I don't think people are born gay either. I think it's a psychological trait that happens due to environmental influences, which if these happen to children they get pushed into it. Which is why straight men who go to prison often develop same sex attractions and romances with fellow inmates. Their environment makes them gay, hence why in ancient Greece and Rome they were all gay and bi sexual because the culture encouraged it.

I do believe people can change (I know a few who have) but I don't believe in forcing someone to do it. It's their right to be gay. However even if they were born that way (which no proof exists) I still would not change my position. It doesn't justify anything.

And no, I don't have a problem with people who are gay. I hate gay bashers.
No it's not a lifestyle since no 2 gays are alike, and yes it's something 99.9% of people are born with. Sexual Orientation is biologically set in fetal development. The only people who reject this view are religious nutjobs and the extremely uneducated.

Old 09-20-2013, 10:29 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,708,779 times
Quote:
Hey I am sure that heroin feels great....sorry...but I can not buy into this modern phenomena regarding sexuality...it's more complex than portrayed by those who have made this a political and social issue of the day...I have known a few gay men who were not "bi-sexual" who have had sex with females...so what is that all about?
It's called social/religious pressure to conform to the societal norms. Sleeping with a woman while picturing Brad Pitt naked is not the meaning of being heterosexual. And how do you know they were not bisexual?

Old 09-20-2013, 10:32 PM

31,848 posts, read 14,815,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lior Arel View Post
The world sees the homophobes for what they are and the fire of hate and insecurity that burns with in them. I have pity for them and at times feel sorry for the way they embarrass themselves. Then I remember that they'd like to see me and a few other million people dead or in camps, and I don't feel so bad anymore.
Actually, most of the world sees them as equals. The pity and embarrassment seems to be directed at people like you who deem themselves superior. If you were a member of my family with your attitude, I would definitely be embarrassed and want to hide you in the closet. lol

Old 09-20-2013, 10:42 PM

3,124 posts, read 4,915,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Actually, most of the world sees them as equals. The pity and embarrassment seems to be directed at people like you who deem themselves superior. If you were a member of my family with your attitude, I would definitely be embarrassed and want to hide you in the closet. lol
I never claim superiority. I don't try to intimidate a whole group of people in an attempt to bolster my own sense of self worth (the root of discrimination). I haven't read any posts by you, so I have no way of knowing your views, but from your silly little attempt to belittle me, I can guess. You clearly feel defensive of my post against those who wish to harm gay people, I guess you're one of them. History will treat you las you deserve.

Old 09-20-2013, 10:46 PM

1,805 posts, read 1,457,518 times
Quote:
Its about you being confused about the difference between sexual orientation and sexual behavior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies