Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2013, 04:16 PM

33,524 posts, read 37,121,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFi View Post
They are pretty hard to miss when they are backing up traffic throughout half the downtown area.
Bit of a prude are you? Why do you care?

Old 09-11-2013, 04:59 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,227,230 times
Quote:
They aren't even close to being similar. I'm sure you will now go find the most extreme mardi gras picture you can and the most tame gay pride one but your not going to fool anyone.
Are you kidding? You MUST be. Nobody can truly be this mentally myopic.

Old 09-11-2013, 05:08 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,095,708 times
Quote:
They aren't even close to being similar. I'm sure you will now go find the most extreme mardi gras picture you can and the most tame gay pride one but your not going to fool anyone.
Yeah, Mardi Gras is much more lewd and obscene than a gay pride parade.

I can't stand gay pride parades. They're sooooooooo boring. And endless stream of marching church groups, charities, gay sports teams, politicians politicking, and businesses advertising.

Old 09-11-2013, 05:14 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
It's not something I care or worry about. Who people marry are their problems, not mine.

For the record, these questions have been addressed 626,254 times.
I actually think it is ten times that amount, but there is no limit on stupid I guess.

Old 09-11-2013, 05:29 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,031,037 times
Ah, I love the typical far-right "take things to their absurd conclusion" and then use that as "proof" that discrimination is needed.

Let's turn this around and look at WHY people hate gays and why they are willing to waste an absurd amount of effort trying to crush them:

Religious Reasons - 'cuz the Bible says so!: Being gay is forbidden in the Bible. But so is: eating shellfish, mixing fabrics, eating a cheeseburger, and skipping services on the Sabbath. Oh, and the same part of the Bible that hates gays also recommends stoning people to death for various small offenses, such as not being a virgin on their wedding night or, in the case of kids, speaking out against their elders. Since we must take everything to the extreme, I assume the far-right is behind implementing all of these ideas, too, right?

Of course, there's that other part of the Bible, the one with that Jesus guy who talks about loving your neighbor and, basically, minding your own business before you meddle in the lives of others. But we don't hear much about him from the far-right, so I guess he doesn't count in modern "christianity."

Fear of catching "the gay" / Gay sex is gross, so it should be outlawed: First, nobody is forcing anyone into a gay relationship. Contrary to what must be popular belief in certain circles, allowing gay marriage in a state does not force people into gay marriages. And, no, "the gay" is not contagious, so you can't "catch" it if gays are able to marry in your state. Also, if we're going to outlaw any form of carnal activity that is "gross," I assume all the angry OLD people who hate gays will also end their marriage and cease all sexual activity since, hey, who wants to watch old people do it? Same loony logic used by the far-right...

So, no, allowing gays to marry is nothing like allowing people to marry kids since gay marriage is between consenting adults. It's also nothing like marrying one's siblings since that would lead to all sorts of inbreeding issues, thus harming the children, nor is it like marrying animals, which is just plain stupid.

Face it - gays getting married harms straights as much as straight getting married harms gays... in other words, it doesn't matter! Geez...

Old 09-11-2013, 05:40 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
This is what my records show, too.

The sex lives of any 2 consenting adults is none of my business.

Sure, as long as you get to limit their unions to just two members.

Old 09-11-2013, 05:49 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,317,542 times
Quote:

Originally Posted by HiFi

They aren't even close to being similar. I'm
sure you will now go find the most extreme mardi gras picture you can and the
most tame gay pride one but your not going to fool anyone.
ROTFLMAO! You can't possibly be serious! As you are so fond of saying....nice try!

Old 09-11-2013, 05:54 PM

219 posts, read 285,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
ROTFLMAO! You can't possibly be serious! As you are so fond of saying....nice try!
Could you translate that acronym for the adults on here

Old 09-11-2013, 06:00 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,317,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternGuitarGuy View Post
Could you translate that acronym for the adults on here
Sure, no problem. Rolling On The Floor Laughing My Azz Off.
Perhaps in the future, I'll Use MDR..Mort De Rire...(Death By Laughter) for people who pretend they don't know. It's shorter.

Old 09-11-2013, 06:03 PM

219 posts, read 285,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Sure, no problem. Rolling On The Floor Laughing My Azz Off.
Perhaps in the future, I'll Use MDR..Mort De Rire...(Death By Laughter) for people who pretend they don't know. It's shorter.
Why would I know what that acronym means.... I prefer to act intelligent when I communicate, not make people think I am 14
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies