Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2013, 09:02 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,706,430 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by txdave35 View Post
Marriage is a religious institution. .
No, in the United States (and for the majority of Christian history for that matter), it is not. A religious marriage has absolutely zero power in the United States. You really have no clue what you're talking about.

Old 09-26-2013, 09:04 AM

288 posts, read 347,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
My tone indicates that I know I'm dealing with someone who is about to make an argument that is so old, so weak, and so inapplicable, that no lawyer has or will advance such an argument in ANY of the same sex marriage cases. Why? Because those same arguments were raised - and summarily destroyed - decades ago vis-à-vis miscegenation laws.

And boy oh boy, you didn't disappoint.

Congratulations on holding views that were abandoned even by "your own side" about 60 years ago!

BTW: Where a gay person advocates to be able to marry the same sex.... it doesn't create a "special" right. Since you too would be free to marry someone of the same sex. What's that, you say, you would never want to marry someone of the same sex? Well good. Don't. That's what freedom is.

You can relax as well.

Tb

Old 09-26-2013, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra Boy View Post
My ideas were never in the closet. Just because gays want their perversion accepted as normal doesn't change the fact it's deviant behavior. Go be gay as unicorns and sprinkles and I don't care one bit, but for every assertion that it's normal I will rebut that it is shameful.
The only perversion here are your beliefs. I hope you don't pretend to be Christian with an attitude towards people like that.

Old 09-26-2013, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Uh-oh, your tone indicates that civility is about to run dry on your side.
You call homosexuals perverted and deviant, and you expect civility from us?

Old 09-26-2013, 09:07 AM

17,290 posts, read 29,281,475 times
Quote:
You can relax as well.

Tb

I'll relax when you stop acting like and being a silly busy body church biddy and get a clue. Thanks!

Old 09-26-2013, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
The only perversion here are your beliefs. I hope you don't pretend to be Christian with an attitude towards people like that.

What else would you say. You've all deluded yourselves into thinking your orientation isn't abnormal. Repeat the lie often enough...

Tb

And you also can relax, life is gonna stop sucking (again no pun) for the gay man soon.

Old 09-26-2013, 09:17 AM

Quote:
What else would you say. You've all deluded yourselves into thinking your orientation isn't abnormal. Repeat the lie often enough...
What makes it abnormal? It's universally found in nearly every animal species on Earth. You don't actually have a logical reason to hold the views you do. You're clinging to emotion and ignorance, because you think it's "icky".

Old 09-26-2013, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
I'll relax when you stop acting like and being a silly busy body church biddy and get a clue. Thanks!

Oh man, the personal attacks begin just because I have a different view and defended it in a civil manner when called upon to do so. I've already stated I don't care what people do, just stop pushing me to say you're normal. Anyways, please feel free to relax.

Tb

As an aside...I haven't mentioned God, church, religion, or the bible. Where my sense of morality comes from is irrelevant.

Old 09-26-2013, 09:28 AM

511 posts, read 796,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
It's kind of sad that the 'values' they want to KEEP are willful ignorance, dishonest cherry-picking of the Bible, hypocrisy, bigotry, prejudice and discrimination.
It's sad that you have such a low, albeit incorrect, view of Christians. They want to keep values like this:

Quote:

Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a person commits are outside the body, but whoever sins sexually, sins against their own body.

1 Corinthians 6:18

Many of our social ills are a direct result of people not obeying God's laws on sex.

Old 09-26-2013, 09:30 AM

17,290 posts, read 29,281,475 times
Quote:
Oh man, the personal attacks begin just because I have a different view and defended it in a civil manner when called upon to do so. I've already stated I don't care what people do, just stop pushing me to say you're normal. Anyways, please feel free to relax.

As an aside...I haven't mentioned God, church, religion, or the bible. Where my sense of morality comes from is irrelevant.

Oh I see. Calling people "abnormal" is "being civil" in your book?

Your sense of morality most likely DOES come from the Bible or some type of religion, because most... 90%+.... non-religious or a-religious people do not assign morality labels to sexuality. They just don't. They may have a problem with homosexuality because they think it's "gross," but linking "morality" and "consensual sex acts" is a pretty much universally a religious thing.

And frankly, "Tundra Boy," it matters not whether you think gay people are normal. People educated on issues of sexuality and psychology DO... and that's all that matters. If we spent our days trying to change the minds of the willfully ignorant, nothing would ever get done.

That's why we pretty much ignore you once you've reached irrelevance. Which has happened, or will happen soon enough. We'll come get your opinion whenever we need to know what lichens are edible. Or whatever it is you're actually qualified to render an educated opinion on.

Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.