Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2013, 07:22 AM

511 posts, read 799,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Evolution I know for certain is not perfect, and since there is not a shed of evidence for god, the one you believe in or any of the thousands others have believed in, I do not believe he exists...Show me good evidence and I'd change my mind.
If you believe in evolution instead of a Creator, then you believe in abiogenesis and Big Bang, and not a shred of evidence to support that garbage.

Meanwhile, I can look at something like sexual intercourse between a man and a woman, and it is clearly a designed gift from God to allow intimate emotional and physical connections between a couple. The two bodies can become one.

Old 10-03-2013, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
What a mistake you just made...

Why do your beliefs get to determine the law of the land? Not that you'll actually answer that.
America as a country has held judeo Christian values for many years. Most people here identity as Christian. It's in our values and laws. It's the reason we had the prohibition era and why prostitution is illegal today. It's the reason that we have a national day of prayer and our president calls on the nation to pray in times of trouble. "God bless America" Ever heard of that?

But you want to change society to be anti-God and pro-gay. Go for it, but it won't be an America that I will be proud of anymore.

Old 10-03-2013, 08:17 AM

6,542 posts, read 4,092,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Jesus was God.. if a person has a spiritual father God , they are directed by the Holy Spirit to read the bible and find out that the act of having sex with the same sex is an abomination. God's words ..Having a personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ is why Jesus came to mankind.

Also the sin of adultery, fornication and lust for a man or a woman in their mind is already committing sin as Jesus said. Not my words but the words of Jesus. There are many sexual sins. The bible describes them quite well as the sin nature of man was without the direction of God though most of the bible.

Even the natural man can discern right from wrong to an extent because God has placed a conscience in each of them.. but that conscience can become seared with desensitization. If that is the case, anything can be accepted in that seared conscience that has been altered by dismissal of anything being wrong with actions that are abhorrent or detestable to society.

The actions of people who call themselves gay are what defines their gayness.
Let's look at that first sentence. "Jesus is God." You must understand why science and rational thinking are replacing religion. Jesus is the son of God, but he is God, so he is his own son and also his own father; then there's the holy spirit. I know this is mostly a comedic point, but the point (since jokes seem to be missed on you) is that religion simply makes no sense anymore. Believe in God. Please. That's not an issue. It's the dogmatic nonsensical BS you think he enforces. Why on earth does an all powerful being care this much about two men getting it on? Surely he can prioritize his rules. His first commandment, after all, has completely backfired. There are plenty of other gods people worship; even Christians don't agree on who God is half the time. The great Christian America (apparently) even made the first commandment ILLEGAL.

The Bible uses circular logic. "The bible is true because it says it's true." It's hard to argue with that if you don't know any better. Sadly, many people do.

Old 10-03-2013, 08:25 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,197,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngabe View Post
Instead of throwing around Bible verses, speak for yourself. Anyone can copy and paste a Bible verse or any text for that matter.

Try responding to some of my questions in post #1447. I'd love for you or txdave to address some of my questions.
Good luck with that. I have asked questions repeatedly, with no answer from them.

Old 10-03-2013, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
That was Paul, not Jesus.

Please try again.
And Paul was anointed as a spokesperson for Jesus after his death. Try again.

Old 10-03-2013, 08:44 AM

1,035 posts, read 1,554,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txdave35 View Post
If you believe in evolution instead of a Creator, then you believe in abiogenesis and Big Bang, and not a shred of evidence to support that garbage.

Meanwhile, I can look at something like sexual intercourse between a man and a woman, and it is clearly a designed gift from God to allow intimate emotional and physical connections between a couple. The two bodies can become one.
Blinders on much? What fairytale land do you live in? Back here in reality...stop holding "a man and a woman" on this ridiculous pedestal. Silliness.

Quote:
America as a country has held judeo Christian values for many years. Most people here identity as Christian. It's in our values and laws. It's the reason we had the prohibition era and why prostitution is illegal today. It's the reason that we have a national day of prayer and our president calls on the nation to pray in times of trouble. "God bless America" Ever heard of that?

But you want to change society to be anti-God and pro-gay. Go for it, but it won't be an America that I will be proud of anymore.
Once again, what land do you live in? Sure, we have a National Day of Prayer, but we also have Gay Pride Month, Black History Month, Jewish holidays, Kwanza, etc. You know why, BECAUSE WE'RE A DIVERSE NATION. Before the "gay rights movement" happened, society was taking God out of public places long before this movement gained any momentum. Separation of church and state. Try time traveling to change that during the Constitution days if it bothers you that much. With that said, this is not about taking God out of anything for the 75,000th time. This is about all consenting adults being able to receive the same GOVERNMENT recognition for their relationship, known as marriage, equally. If you don't like that the government issues marriage LICENSES, that's an issue that should have been dealt with LONG ago. (Marriage = A term the government ALSO uses, not exclusive to the church. Baptism = an exclusive church time that does not warrant any special incentives from the government) Once again, marriage is the term the government uses, so sorry, it isn't an exclusive term reserved for super special Christians like yourself.

If you aren't proud of a country that is trying to give all citizens the same equal rights they all deserve no matter their color, creed, ethnicity, sexuality, etc, then you don't belong here. Go to a country that rules with an iron fist based on religion. We all pay the same taxes, we all deserve the same rights. When your tax money gets sent to the government, they don't say, "Oh, this is extra special Christian money, put that in the 'special' account." Give me a break dude.

You have an obnoxious superiority complex. You think you're superior to your fellow men and women just because you're presumably a Caucasian, Christian American. The majority of society can see right through people like yourself.

Old 10-03-2013, 08:49 AM

2,416 posts, read 2,985,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Just one passage from the new testament of the word of Jesus.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10

English Standard Version (ESV)
9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous[a] will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality,[b] 10 nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
Footnotes:

1. 1 Corinthians 6:9 Or wrongdoers
  2. 1 Corinthians 6:9 The two Greek terms translated by this phrase refer to the passive and active partners in consensual homosexual acts
I doubt you would ever visit a site called "gay christian" but from this site and others, it seems clear that "malakoi" should not be translated as "homosexual" and in fact it never was until 1958. Did the meaning of the Bible suddenly change in 1958? It seems that it did!
Malakoi is NEVER used in the Bible to mean gay, lesbian, bisexual or trans.

Old 10-03-2013, 08:50 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,197,584 times
Quote:
And Paul was anointed as a spokesperson for Jesus after his death. Try again.
When someone says that JESUS said something, then one would expect that to be backed up with a quote by JESUS, not PAUL.

Besides we know that spokespersons get in trouble all the time for saying things that the person or group doesn't agree with. Seeing as how Jesus was dead when Paul was writing, no one was around to tell him he got it wrong.

Oh, yeah. I forgot to mention YOUR bible has no bearing on the laws of this country.

Old 10-03-2013, 09:03 AM

Quote:
My goodness, I'd hate to read what you would have wrote, had you had a keyboard back in the days of the African American civil rights movement! They won't stop at marriage, they'll keep fighting for more...

You've thrown around the term "norm" a bit much. Tell me, what is the norm? Also, you seem to think marriage only happens in a church. How do you feel about heterosexual atheists receiving a marriage license? Should they not use the term marriage either? What about Jews? They aren't Christians, but they receive marriage licenses. Keyword: license. Baptism is strictly a religious/church doing. The government does not issue special incentives for baptized individuals. What numerous people like yourself can't do, is to take the church out of marriage, since it isn't required. You hear "gay marriage" and instantly think of two people of the same sex standing in your church and having a CEREMONY. That's all it is, the actual LICENSE comes from the government. With that said, the goal here is for same sex couples to be seen as equal in the eyes of the GOVERNMENT, not your church. Make sense?

Marriage stripped of religious association is nothing more than a word. It's a label. Civil Union is a label, and can offer gays all the legals right and benefits, exactly the same as straight people. You should have equal rights. It's not fair that a gay couple raising a child can not get tax deductions to help with financial burdens or file a joint tax return. But even if every state gave you the exact same benefits through a civil union, it still wouldn't be good enough. Why do you need the marriage label so badly to suddenly be happy in life? The answer is you want government to officially recognize homosexuality as natural and normal as a heterosexual union. You want everyone in society to believe the same way. Try to oppose it, and there will be consequences. But you said civil union means separate but equal. Newsflash, you already separate yourself. You want special discrimination laws for your class. Gay and lesbian organizations where I'm quite sure a heterosexual Christian like myself would be unwelcome. You have gay rallys. We don't have straight rallys and celebrate our sex in the streets.

Quote:

Also, this antiquated idea that marriage is for a man and a woman to come together and reproduce is literally grade school level unintelligent. What about a couple past their reproduction days who get married? Do they not count? How about a couple of any age who are physically UNABLE to reproduce due to health reasons? COME ON...if you're going to argue, cover all your possibilities here.
Are you suggesting that every gay couple has no desire to reproduce?

Quote:

As I pointed out to txdave a while back, interracial marriage in some southern states was not legalized until 1967. That's a short time ago, when you think about it. My Mom just graduated from high school. There are still people today who don't agree with marrying outside a person's own race. But guess what, ask the most socially backward redneck if a black guy marrying a white girl has NEGATIVELY effected his marriage--he won't be able to muster up any form of logical response. So once again, I challenge YOU to poll residents of states where same-sex marriage is already legal and ask them how same-sex marriage has personally, negatively effected them. Oh and FYI, there are absolutely Bible verses out there that can be interpreted to mean that interracial marriage is also not "ok."

Where are the Bible verses? Where does it say it is an abomination before God like it does for homosexuality? It's one thing to say we are all equal regardless of the color of our skin. It's another thing to say we are all equal regardless of our sexual attractions and desires. I don't consider a person attracted to minors to be equal. I consider them a dangerous member of society who needs to be locked up.

Last edited by txdave35; 10-03-2013 at 09:25 AM..

Old 10-03-2013, 09:30 AM

33,547 posts, read 18,143,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
Let's look at that first sentence. "Jesus is God." You must understand why science and rational thinking are replacing religion. Jesus is the son of God, but he is God, so he is his own son and also his own father; then there's the holy spirit. I know this is mostly a comedic point, but the point (since jokes seem to be missed on you) is that religion simply makes no sense anymore. Believe in God. Please. That's not an issue. It's the dogmatic nonsensical BS you think he enforces. Why on earth does an all powerful being care this much about two men getting it on? Surely he can prioritize his rules. His first commandment, after all, has completely backfired. There are plenty of other gods people worship; even Christians don't agree on who God is half the time. The great Christian America (apparently) even made the first commandment ILLEGAL.

The Bible uses circular logic. "The bible is true because it says it's true." It's hard to argue with that if you don't know any better. Sadly, many people do.
No, if I write a letter it came from me.. my words in the letter.. it is not the whole part of me but it is a part of me because it was written by me..

God wrote the bible and it came from him.. God was made flesh and dwelt among us.. Jesus. As Jesus said, the Father and I are one. The word of God is God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies