Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2013, 03:35 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,324,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:

Originally Posted by txdave35

I think God did just fine in creating a
mechanism for male stimulation. No male G spot needed.
....and yet, it's still there. Why do you suppose that is? If you believe in creationism, then you have to admit your God put it there. And if you believe we're made in his image, it stands to reason that God has a G-spot as well.

Old 10-03-2013, 03:39 PM

25,740 posts, read 18,809,520 times
As for marriage, I take the same stance as the hippie liberals used to take back in the 60's--before they changed their philosophy upon gaining a bit of power--it's a worthless formality. Marriage is an archaic ritual that needs to be put where it belongs: with pixie dust and tooth fairies.

As far as any "legal status" that bleeds over from the hundreds of years worth of people trying to make it relevant, this can be replaced with a simple legal "dependence" document that can be signed by the consenting parties involved. It could be done in minutes and even online. This would address the benefits, insurance, ownership, etc aspects.

There needn't be any ridiculous frivolities and wasting of time and money involved (of course, the "big wedding" industry wouldn't agree--they make millions from you rubes). I've heard a million times that it's not about sex or intimacy or physical actions, so let's go ahead and formalize that. It's true anyway: I can play house with anyone I can boondoggle into doing it with me. I can have sex with anyone I want as long as I have the money (or charm) to make it happen. I don't need an outdated religious document for those aspects. And I would conjecture that we don't need an outdated religious document or concept for ANY aspect. Make it a simple procedure for a court clerk and a notary. Let's get the b***sh** aspect out of a simple "union" in a legal sense. Five minutes of signing documents and you're done. As it is now, where's the separation of church and state here? Let the churches do their thing on their own. We don't need that aspect for a legal "union."

Last edited by ChrisC; 10-03-2013 at 03:51 PM..

Old 10-03-2013, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0marvin0 View Post
This is exactly why man created god(s). A convenient explanation for things unknowable. As man's ability to percieve and explain more of the world around him grew the definition and number of gods changed. When a small child asks why is the sky blue its easier to just tell them thats the way god made it than go into the scientific principles of light diffraction and the molecular makeup of the atmosphere coupled with the structure of the human eye. Once the child is older and better able to understand scientific principles the god made it that way doesn't work anymore. If man didn't exist the only thing missing would be god. At its basic level religion is just an ego thing. It pleases us to think that we are somehow special and more important than the rest of nature. It comforts us to think that death is not the end of our existance as an individual.
From the time the first cave men huddled around a mastodon kill, they heard things in the sky, like thunder.
-What the hell was that?
-Sounds like there's somebody up there, very powerful.
-Do you think it's dangerous?
-Throw it some mastodon meat and maybe it will leave us alone.

The thunder stops, as thunder is wont to do, and a god was born.

Old 10-03-2013, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
....and yet, it's still there. Why do you suppose that is? If you believe in creationism, then you have to admit your God put it there. And if you believe we're made in his image, it stands to reason that God has a G-spot as well.
Can you imagine how disgusting taking a dump would be without it? It's actually quite a clever design. You can kill two birds with one "stone" (physical action). I just wish there would have been a couple more g-spots, one in each armpit, so when I rub the deodorant on in the morning a nice "morning delight" would ensue. Wouldn't be bad at all before work.

Old 10-03-2013, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Can you imagine how disgusting taking a dump would be without it? It's actually quite a clever design. You can kill two birds with one "stone" (physical action). I just wish there would have been a couple more g-spots, one in each armpit, so when I rub the deodorant on in the morning--a nice "morning delight" wouldn't be bad at all before work.
I'm a girl. I don't have a prostate. My morning ablutions are boring.

Old 10-03-2013, 03:51 PM

2,416 posts, read 2,988,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Anal sex is not natural.. It is Sodomy.
What's not natural about it? How do you define unnatural? Is it not natural to put my tongue in my husband's mouth? My body is natural. My husband's body is natural. Can't we touch each other?

Old 10-03-2013, 03:52 PM

Quote:
From the time the first cave men huddled around a mastodon kill, they heard things ..., like thunder.
-What the hell was that?
A fart?

Old 10-03-2013, 03:55 PM

Quote:
I'm a girl. I don't have a prostate. My morning ablutions are boring.

Well, I guess that's one of the very few disadvantage I can think of for the female gender. But then again, you never have to worry about it swelling, either.

Old 10-03-2013, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Well, I guess that's one of the very few disadvantage I can think of for the female gender. But then again, you never have to worry about it swelling, either.
No biggie. We make up for it in multiple orgasms. You can keep your prostate.

Old 10-03-2013, 04:24 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,227,733 times
Quote:
Is everyone gay now? Or does everyone have blue eyes? Or does everyone have natural blond curls down to their butts? I think you should consider your sentence and realize that the logic is flawed. The "in the image of" thing can't possibly mean what you are implying here, because if it did, every person on earth would look, act, think, and smell exactly the same.

Besides, your post is sexist. You assume god to be male ("he" is gay). Why would you assume god to be of the inferior gender?
No, but god clearly is.

Who are YOU to interpret the bible?

Haven't you heard? The bible is the word of god and the bible said that god created man in his own image. If people want to insist on taking the bible to have literal meaning, then why not go all the way? Or is there some reason why people get to pick and choose whatever they find convenient for their particular preferred bigotry?

Besides, the bible is clearly super sexist. Thus, we can safely assume that it was written by a male. Thus, god must be male.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies