Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2013, 10:58 AM

1,806 posts, read 1,734,389 times

Advertisements

He said during the campaign that he wouldn't intervene in countries where WMD's are being deployed against civilians? I'm pretty sure he didn't say that.

Incidentally, it's not a R D issue. There are plenty of people on both sides of the issue who are pushing for action if Syria is indeed found to have done this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2013, 11:01 AM

14,293 posts, read 9,659,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Please, R's never questioned what Bush did. They easily went along with everything he said.
Yup, Bush spent months bringing his case before the people and the UN.

Bush went to the well of congress multiple times to get congressional authorization.

Bush went to the UN to restart the inspections teams that president Clinton abandoned.

So don't try to rewrite history.

If Bush had done what Obama has already done with Libya, and what he looks to be repeating with Syria, he would have been impeached. But here the left-wingers sit, waving pom-poms, rooting him on.

Old 08-30-2013, 11:01 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,321,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remoddahouse View Post
He said during the campaign that he wouldn't intervene in countries where WMD's are being deployed against civilians? I'm pretty sure he didn't say that.

Incidentally, it's not a R D issue. There are plenty of people on both sides of the issue who are pushing for action if Syria is indeed found to have done this.
Actually the US is trying to get the UN investigation canceled. They say whatever the UN says is not credible and only we have the truth.

Old 08-30-2013, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by remoddahouse View Post

Do you know what he and Biden did say about starting a war by attacking countries with our military? Here's a clue, it was the opposite to what they are saying today.

Old 08-30-2013, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Actually the US is trying to get the UN investigation canceled. They say whatever the UN says is not credible and only we have the truth.
It's mind boggling how ignorant the libs are. Obama is doing the opposite of what Bush did, and they try and claim it's the same, while at the same time bashing the hell out of Bush for what he did. It's like watching the dems in a ten foot square room, running face first into one wall after the other, they look like inmates in an insane asylum running amuck.

Old 08-30-2013, 11:16 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,823,173 times
Here is the unclassified assessment ... no specific timeline, congress involved. I think Assad's brother may be in serious trouble.

READ: U.S. Intelligence Assessment On Syria : The Two-Way : NPR

Old 08-30-2013, 11:22 AM

14,944 posts, read 8,555,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Please, R's never questioned what Bush did. They easily went along with everything he said.
No .. that's just not true at all. This is just the story fed you by the controlled mass media. Bush became an extremely unpopular president, even among the conservative right, and anyone who morally opposes unnecessary war (which should include EVERYONE, but apparently doesn't), as the true conservative electorate realized that Bush was no conservative by any rational definition. And if you go back to when Bush was first running for president, he voiced his philosophy of NOT being the world's policeman, and favoring a more conservative foreign policy of non-intervention in other nation's internal affairs. That of course was part of the big lie that flew straight out the window after 911. Well, he never wanted war, it was just forced upon him by Osama Bin Laden and Al Qaeda. Now, Obama doesn't reeeaallllyyy want war, he's just dealing with the mess Bush created .... and the buck keeps getting passed, and the problems are always the other guy's fault.

You OBVIOUSLY are clueless to how this game works, and how deeply hooked you are by it, because you are doing EXACTLY what you claim the "other side" is doing .... apparently so blinded by your own irrational opinions, that you cannot help yourself. The bell rings and the pavlovian conditioning kicks in, and you salivate at the prospect of a Democrat sounding the charge for war!!! Thank goodness we don't have anymore of those republican wars ... those are really bad! I loves me some left wing Obama-War though ... that flavor of war is very tasty.

Of course you won't admit that you like the taste of Obama-War ... no ... you just bring up the other guy when someone calls you out.

Old 08-30-2013, 11:25 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,321,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
It's mind boggling how ignorant the libs are. Obama is doing the opposite of what Bush did, and they try and claim it's the same, while at the same time bashing the hell out of Bush for what he did. It's like watching the dems in a ten foot square room, running face first into one wall after the other, they look like inmates in an insane asylum running amuck.

Yes it is mind boggling.

"Bombing a country is not an act of war "
Oh really ?

I'll remember that next time North Korea points their missiles to the US.
Now Iran has nothing to fear about dropping a nuke or two in the Grand Canyon.

Why ? Well bombing a country is not an act of war.

Old 08-30-2013, 11:29 AM

14,944 posts, read 8,555,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Here is the unclassified assessment ... no specific timeline, congress involved. I think Assad's brother may be in serious trouble.

READ: U.S. Intelligence Assessment On Syria : The Two-Way : NPR
I love how you people slurp up the slop .... grunting and groaning. Even the moral-less British refuse to participate in this dreadful and contrived plan to attack Syria, justified by even more transparent lies. Unfortunately, there seems to be no depth of immorality OR stupidity to which American leftists won't dive head first with enthusiasm.

Old 08-30-2013, 11:32 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,331,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I don't know, but he seems to do it on a pretty regular basis. Perhaps only on the nut job branch of the gop this time.
You don’t know? Color me shocked. So what you’re trying to say here, bob, is that you have nothing to add as usual so you just fill up the page with your inane drivel. So perhaps you could give us some examples of when Obama has made Republicans look foolish. I’d like to see what your version of “made Republicans to look foolish” is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies