Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2013, 10:45 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,904,944 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Plus it is reported by the ever honest faux news.
Whatever -- Montana is working to allow parents to opt out of the radical sex ed that was *proposed via draft in 2010, and which is a part of today's curriculum in Helena --

Sex education rules debated by MT Legislature | KRTV.com | Great Falls, Montana

Bill Text - HB 239 - Montana 2013 Regular Session - Open States

Old 09-01-2013, 10:47 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,486,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
All decades.
Got a particular Catholic church you have an issue with?

My kids started sex-ed in 5th grade at the Catholic school they went to. My oldest went to private (not-Catholic) for 6th grade.

His private school science/sex ed/biology teacher was more than impressed with his knowledge and how factual he was at answering questions - along with one other boy who also attended the same catholic school and started the private school at the same time . While the kids who were fresh from public school, and had been indoctrinated with sex ed since 3rd grade, were squirming in their seats/embarrassed/couldn't say vagina without laughing.

So keep spouting BS like it applies to all.

Last edited by JerseyG; 09-01-2013 at 11:10 PM..

Old 09-01-2013, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Yeah, same thing in the Catholic schools I went to.
Inner city catholic schools?

Old 09-01-2013, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Plus it is reported by the ever honest faux news.
As opposed to the ever honest media in general?

Grow up.

Old 09-01-2013, 10:53 PM

32,064 posts, read 15,058,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyG View Post
Got a particular church you have an issue with?

My kids started sex-ed in 5th grade at the Catholic school they went to. My oldest went to private-private for 6th grade.

His private school science/sex ed/biology teacher was more than impressed with his knowledge and how factual he was at answering questions - along with one other boy who also attended the same catholic school and started the private school at the same time . While the kids who were fresh from public school, and had been indoctrinated with sex ed since 3rd grade, were squirming in their seats/embarrassed/couldn't say vagina without laughing.

So keep spouting BS.

Sorry, no BS. You talk about your kids, I am talking first hand. And I am not talking about a particular church. I am talking about all girls catholic schools. Parents did not teach them about sex because it was against their religion. So guess what, many of them got pregnant. Oh no what a shocker lol Why are some of you so naive.

Old 09-01-2013, 11:03 PM

545 posts, read 451,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyG View Post
The bottom line, going back to the OP, is that if anyone (including all of these teachers with PhD's in armchair child psychology on this board) thinks kids from the age of 5-8 can understand what they are being taught with respect to naming sexual organs/one's inherent sexuality/"he's got two mommys"/ biology/sex - you're an idiot.

There is a REASON sexual education is normally taught (outside of public schools) in middle school (7th grade). Girls are getting their periods, boys are waking up with "uh, gotta change my sheets".

Who TF wants a bunch of 5 year olds who (in public school, especially) can barely write their names, walking around with knowledge they can't process? It's pointless. Just as all the sex -ed in 5th grade, back in the 70's was. Ok. Thanks. When's lunch? It doesn't hit HOME.

Stranger/danger - because there are SO many parents who don't? And who are they? They drug addicts? Illegals? WHO are THOSE parents and what is the percentage of them who don't teach their kids about bad-touching before they let their kid be with ANYONE alone (including a relative) in this day and age? To the point that schools HAVE to?

The ones who come home to mommy screwing some john on a couch?

If you already haven't taught your kid about bad touching by the age of 5 and when they are away from you at school all day long....you're the problem. And you always WILL BE the problem. So public school can teach Johnny or Juan or Juanita all they want to about whatever...not going to change a damn thing. And when a parent is the problem, public school has never stepped in to the point that they can "save" these kids who are destined for what they are destined for.

So knock off the "for the general good", when the general good already has their i's dotted and their t's crossed and don't want their kids learning about anything they aren't ready to because a few parents are inept at being parents.

Teaching a 5-8 year old the "correct" word for a sexual organ isn't going to do a damn thing other than create a lot of uncomfortableness for a lot of kids.

So many have already said kids can't be "kids" anymore. So why shove sex and how mommy and daddy "made them" all up in their craw before they are old enough to process? If anyone thinks, for one second, that a 5-8 year old can grasp the concept of sex, you need to stay on your commune and keep picking those veggies. Compost **** pile might need a good turn over too.

What's the age a brain fully matures? Not by kindergarten...that's why 20-soemthings are still STUPID, still get knocked up, still make stupid decisions...etc.

And tossing "it's only biology" on 5-8 year olds....what's the point? What are they going to do with it? Look for spiderman's peanuts (not a spelling error) on a spidey action figure? Where's my sister's bagina (not a spelling error)? Can I see it?

Little ones do best with visual and tactile learning. Good luck with that in the 5-8 year old sex ed plan.

And here's the Chi-town 2013 issue:

Video: Chicago makes sex-ed mandatory for kindergarteners « Hot Air

Mandatory.

Gay couples with children? Why teach about it? They're so young, it's normal to them. If you don't make a big huge "we're special" deal out of some kid having two mommy's or two daddy's, for 5-8 year olds, they won't notice the difference.
some good points.

Old 09-01-2013, 11:05 PM

545 posts, read 451,774 times
Quote:
Sorry, no BS. You talk about your kids, I am talking first hand. And I am not talking about a particular church. I am talking about all girls catholic schools. Parents did not teach them about sex because it was against their religion. So guess what, many of them got pregnant. Oh no what a shocker lol Why are some of you so naive.
thats nonsense

Old 09-01-2013, 11:19 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,439,927 times
Quote:

Ridiculous!!! I went to Catholic school and was taught by my parents about sex. Perhaps you need to put away the broad sweeping brush.

Old 09-02-2013, 12:33 AM

6,418 posts, read 7,249,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskydude View Post
According to the 62-page draft proposal, beginning in kindergarten, school nurses will teach students proper terms such as "nipple, breast, penis, ******* and uterus." Once they are promoted to first grade, children will learn that sexual relations could happen between two men or two women. By the time students are 10 years old, instruction will include the various ways people can have intercourse, be it vaginally, orally or through "anal penetration," according to the proposal.
Read more: Montana Parents Weigh In on Proposed Kindergarten Sex Ed | Fox News
I see no problem with any of that. Whats wrong with children learning the correct words? Whats wrong with learning about homosexual relationships? They are just as relevant as heterosexual relationships.

Old 09-02-2013, 03:07 AM

349 posts, read 422,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsku View Post
I see no problem with any of that. Whats wrong with children learning the correct words? Whats wrong with learning about homosexual relationships? They are just as relevant as heterosexual relationships.
Are you kidding me? Why the hell do 4-6 year old's need to be hearing about this? Most have not even developed their own sexuality yet, nor care about these issues. You want kids to start trying to have babies at an early age?

Where I live, this stuff wasn't taught to us until we were about 8-9 years old (Catholic school). It worked out fine. I see absolutely no benefit in teaching kids about sex at that age. Absolutely none. And homosexual relationships... Yea confuse them a bit more.

I even think we should allow people to perform sex acts in front of the kids. Especially members of the gay community. That would give them better insight into how things work. We must be more open!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies