Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2013, 12:19 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
They also have a high percentage of illegals who tend to have more children and at an earlier age.
Go look at the demographics of those high numbers.
More Hispanic females get pregnant then Whites and Blacks combined.

You have to take immigration into account when you look at these numbers.

People are not doing that. California also has a high number of illegals that come from Mexico.
They have a different culture there along with different beliefs.
A girl becomes a woman at 15 and it's a big deal to Mexicans. They can get married and start families then but this is America and we have legal restrictions on that.

Sex Ed is being taught before girls reach puberty. Yet they are still getting pregnant.
Teen birth rates and abortions have substantially declined since their peak in the early 90's.
Whites-50%
Blacks--48%
Hispanic, any race- 37%

Teen Pregnancies Continue To Decline, New Report Shows : The Two-Way : NPR

States ranked, highest
Mississippi
Louisiana
New Mexico
Arkansas
Texas
Oklahoma
Kentucky
West Va.
Alabama
Arizona
Georgia
Tennessee
So. Carolina
Wyoming
Kansas
Nevada
Indiana
Alaska
No. Carolina

Old 08-30-2013, 12:21 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times
Quote:
Where in my post did I blame Obama ?
The OP's link did.

I just like responding to you.

Old 08-30-2013, 12:46 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Teen birth rates and abortions have substantially declined since their peak in the early 90's.
Whites-50%
Blacks--48%
Hispanic, any race- 37%

Teen Pregnancies Continue To Decline, New Report Shows : The Two-Way : NPR

States ranked, highest
Mississippi
Louisiana
New Mexico
Arkansas
Texas
Oklahoma
Kentucky
West Va.
Alabama
Arizona
Georgia
Tennessee
So. Carolina
Wyoming
Kansas
Nevada
Indiana
Alaska
No. Carolina
Note that many of these states do not have much immigration from Mexico, including the top two.

Old 08-30-2013, 12:54 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,941,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhemi View Post
That is the parents job plain and simple.
then home school your child if you dont want to allow educators to educate.

Quote:
‘Nobody’s suggesting that kindergartners are going to be getting information about sex in the way that we think about it,’ Obama said. ‘If they ask a teacher ‘where do babies come from,’ that providing information that the fact is that it’s not a stork is probably not an unhealthy thing. Although again, that’s going to be determined on a case by case basis by local communities and local school boards.’"
If anyone is confused with what will be taught in thier child's school district...turn off " life with the kardashians" and go to a PTA meeting.

Old 08-30-2013, 12:56 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,044,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Once again, this is what their parents teach their children, in their own way. School is supposed to teach reading, writing, arithmetic etc..., not this, because it does not end here, it starts here, and then it's reading "My two mommies" and mutual masturbation techniques.
Glad you pointed that out.

Kids are not sent to school to play sports either.

If parents want their kids to play sports.....they should send them to "sports camps" on their own dime and quit expecting taxpayers to pick up the tab.

Old 08-30-2013, 01:00 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Glad you pointed that out.

Kids are not sent to school to play sports either.

If parents want their kids to play sports.....they should send them to "sports camps" on their own dime and quit expecting taxpayers to pick up the tab.
I'm 1000% with you on that one.
At the K-12 level sports money does come out of total school funding.
It's not like college where sports money has it's own funding source.

Old 08-30-2013, 01:54 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Obama: Sex Ed for Kindergartners
Sex Ed for Kindergarteners ‘Right Thing to Do,’ Says Obama - ABC News

(CNSNews.com) - The Chicago Public Schools this year are mandating that the district’s kindergarten classes include sex education, fulfilling a proposal President Barack Obama supported in 2003 when he served in the Illinois state senate and later defended when he ran for president in the 2008 election cycle.

Do we really need government bureaucrats deciding all of this, just because they have confiscated out money in taxes? this is why parents need to get involved at the local and state school board level. but I would not put it past the Obama admin to try and make this a compulsory law across the nation.
why doesn't he just stick to being President and stop this nonsense? What would he like to see taught and does he suggest lab classes for them or maybe no labs until what, 4th grade?

Old 08-30-2013, 02:21 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,204,237 times
Quote:
My son graduated from Texas HS in 2009.
He had some sex ed in HS but nothing in elementary or middle.

Now today I see some introduction being done in 6th and 7th grade science classes but the actual Health class with sex ed is an 8th grade class in the 4 districts I sub in. And there is no opting out.

Texas is more conservative about taking over what is the parent's job.
I find that hard to believe. Every school district we've been involved with (and we've had kids in school in three states over the years) teaches a class in 5th grade for girls dealing with menstruation, and they do a class for the boys about adolescence and their changing body at the same time. That's sex ed.

As for the rest, if you read the article--THE PARENTS CAN OPT THEIR CHILD OUT.

It's hard to take some of you seriously because of the constant hysterics.

Old 08-30-2013, 02:23 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,087,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Or the book about different families that they said was indoctrinating children into homosexuality, because one page said some kids have two moms or dads.
Epic fail. No one has two moms or two dads. (You get one of each, or did you never attend sex Ed classes? Or biology?) If the school can't get that basic fact straight, how could I trust them with something more complex?

As was said, the schools should stick to reading, writing, and arithmetic. The schools want opportunities to indoctrinate as soon as possible. Get 'em while they're young and impressionable.

Old 08-30-2013, 02:27 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,204,237 times
Quote:
How's about maybe the parent wants the teaching to come from them and not some stranger being paid by the government ?

Are parents incapable of doing that today ? On the government can do this now ?
What if the parent is the one doing the "bad" touching or worse? That happens a whole lot more than you think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies