Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2013, 08:26 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,187,535 times

Advertisements

Compare us to a group in America with the exact same story over the exact same time period.

Give me a group that came up through slavery in this country, then another 100 years of Jim Crow and complete disenfranchisement from the American Dream.

When you can make that comparison, get back to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2013, 09:31 PM

1,288 posts, read 2,923,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Updated Chart:
What happened to Asians in the last 5 to 10 years?

Old 08-30-2013, 11:04 PM

9,007 posts, read 13,835,096 times
Wow,they have been here 300 years but just got true freedom in the 1960's?
That means they were held back for 270 years!

I'm sorry,but you can't compare blacks with any other ethnic or racial group.

Before you say other groups have succeeded,well, Native Americans actually as a group are poorer than blacks.

Old 08-30-2013, 11:08 PM

9,007 posts, read 13,835,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
That's funny.........

WOW Lib math is just stunning

Doing it my way i get 76... hmmmm

I want my tax monies back for public education
Wth?

You can't be serious?
You have never heard of Jim Crow laws?
You do realize blacks have been here before 1789?

Is this post for real?

Old 08-31-2013, 01:14 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,561,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm;31206469[b
]that is based on all the opportunities that have been presented to the black community that they havent taken advantage of.[/b] and normally when people struggle to get what they want, they dont then sit back and say now give me everything, they continue to push forward, and aim higher. and the black community as a whole has not done that.

as for the mars thing, thats rubbish and you know it. the technologies are not yet available, and the money isnt available to go for such an endeavor. the moon is only 250,000 miles away, mars is closer to 34,000,000 miles at its closest point. the moon is like four days away, mars is closer to six months, again at its closest point.
Really? I say go douse yourself in black paint for a day and see how easy it is to be "black" in America for a day. It's pretty hard to "push forward" and "aim higher" when the first thing you are being judged on is your skin color instead of your achievements when applying for a job.

White America can be quite racist and it doesn't even have to be with blacks as I found out during the Mariel boatlift in Miami in the 1980's and thousands of Cubans were coming and the "Anglos" fled. "They don't speak our language" and they are trying to turn the Florida into a "banana Republic".

Do you wake up everyday and wonder will I be judged based on my skin color? When I go shopping or apply for a job?

Old 08-31-2013, 01:52 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,780,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
You are so full of it's incredible! Here is a "struggle" black people can't overcome! They are "BLACK"! In case you haven't noticed racial discrimination still exists in the US! As for "welfare" the vast majority of people who are on it happen to be "white" by sheer numbers!
Just want to correct one thing: the vast majority of white people you refer to collect some form of welfare and that would be food stamps, even if they are working because their income is considered below the poverty level. They are not necessarily unemployed and fully dependent (rent, gas, electric, food, stipends) on welfare.

As of December 2012:

Total Americans on welfare: 4,300,000
Total Americans on food stamps: 46,700,000

whites on welfare: 38.8%
blacks on welfare: 39.8%
Hispanics on welfare: 15.7%

Welfare Statistics | Statistic Brain

I would say that when it comes to food stamps, whites are the majority, as they are the ones that lost the most jobs, hold low wage jobs, or are working less than 30 hours a week (the last two reasons apply to working black people as well).

Old 08-31-2013, 05:13 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,046,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
What is the origins of low expectations? Is not treating people as inferior and propagating the doctrine of their inferiority setting "low expectations"?
Lefties treat blacks as though they're inferior.

Blacks are no longer slaves, and hgaven't been for 150 years.

While we should never forget, we must stop using it as a crutch.

Jim Crow ended 50 years ago.

Lefties live in ivory towers looking down upon an entire race of people saying "they can't do for themselves, we must help them!"

Whenever we lower standards for a group because "they can't pass the current test" is a disgrace to those whom the standards are lowered for.

Such as "25% of minorities don't have ID".

Old 08-31-2013, 07:58 AM

62,895 posts, read 29,119,973 times
Not true that percentage wise to their population numbers that whites are the largest recipients of welfare.

Yes, racial discrimination still exists however it isn't anywhere's near what it used to be. I want blacks to succeed just and any other Americans in this country. I don't know what the answer is. I also would like to know why there are so many single black mothers. As the stats show they represent over 70% of a black household. Can a black person in this forum please answer that question?

Old 08-31-2013, 08:42 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,960,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Wth?

You can't be serious?
You have never heard of Jim Crow laws?
You do realize blacks have been here before 1789?

Is this post for real?
In the OP it said this nation... Well this nation has only existed since 1789.... Under the laws of this Nation Slavery was legal 76 years.

Perhaps the question IS Blacks should ask themselves what IS wrong with them that created this slavery in the first place, and SINCE the DAWN of MAN.

To me it appears you don't know much. You don't know the history of the Nation, You don't know when slavery began. You don't know blacks took blacks as spoils of WAR in Africa and sold them to the world market.

You don't know Muslims were global traders before they ever heard of Allah, that slavery was well and alive more than 6,000 years ago, that other people were slaves, that slavery still exists today in the Muslim world, and in south east Asia.

That once slavery was more or less legal world wide so far as world wide was known.

That for far longer in euro nations slavery was the way of the labor force for the world, and legal.

But oh no, now today knowing nearly nothing, never having served as a slave, never having met any living slave, you blame hundreds, maybe thousands of years of slavery on a Nation that didn't even exist.

Then you blame it on Jim Crow...

Perhaps looking in the mirror is going to get the sight you had hoped to see. Perhaps that image is going to be ugly. A black man selling a black man to some man of another race.

What keeps American Blacks down is other American Blacks. Sorry if you don't like it.

Old 08-31-2013, 09:02 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,960,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Lefties treat blacks as though they're inferior.

Blacks are no longer slaves, and hgaven't been for 150 years.

Jim Crow ended 50 years ago.

Lefties live in ivory towers looking down upon an entire race of people saying "they can't do for themselves, we must help them!"

Whenever we lower standards for a group because "they can't pass the current test" is a disgrace to those whom the standards are lowered for.

Such as "25% of minorities don't have ID".
No idea what race you are, but thank you just the same for making the points.

Slavery is alive and well today. It's funny those who appear to feel the strongest, relate the most to the notion, are either clueless or remain silent. Which is it if you know?

Recently a female black slave to a Saudi Princess escaped in California, Hardly made a blip on the media.

You are right about the lowering of standards too. Is that what any race wants or needs to get ahead and feel better about themselves?

That a race can't cut the mustard with out lowering the bar?

Being from the NORTH and being 61 I can't say I am very familiar with Jim Crow, and most anyone younger than me, no matter their race isn't going to be either.

I see that like i see money. People too young to spend money before 1957, have probably never held anything like real money in their HAND. many hear are also to young to have spent real money change which was phased out in 1964.

I am tired of explaining that. I am not even going to bother challenging Jim Crow which didn't exist in the north and wasn't known.

50 years ago MLK stood up and called for Freedom, which got me beech slapped down here the other day.

But with out Northern Whites that cause would have failed.

And today for it all, ALL we get is a wicked whine. before the Chicago Jesus came to be.. I won't call it power, racial relations were on the mend.

At this point the 5 year mark for the Chicago Jesus we are rapidly approaching 1960 again, and i predict much more Jim Crow on a far larger scale than in the past.

And NO not because I say so, but because not only the nation says so, but that blacks will say so too.

After all the first black slave was sold by a Black African warrior.

I find it disgusting black assume they and only they and their race were ever slaves. Blacks don't even get that right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies