Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2013, 11:59 AM

33,386 posts, read 35,023,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Just want to correct one thing: the vast majority of white people you refer to collect some form of welfare and that would be food stamps, even if they are working because their income is considered below the poverty level. They are not necessarily unemployed and fully dependent (rent, gas, electric, food, stipends) on welfare.

As of December 2012:

Total Americans on welfare: 4,300,000
Total Americans on food stamps: 46,700,000

whites on welfare: 38.8%
blacks on welfare: 39.8%
Hispanics on welfare: 15.7%

Welfare Statistics | Statistic Brain

I would say that when it comes to food stamps, whites are the majority, as they are the ones that lost the most jobs, hold low wage jobs, or are working less than 30 hours a week (the last two reasons apply to working black people as well).
if the stats you posted are correct, then blacks are again over represented on the welfare rolls as compared to the population levels in this country. there seems to be a theme going here, that being blacks being over represented in a lot of negative categories. it is sad, and it doesnt have to be as people can overcome the circumstances of their birth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2013, 12:09 PM

31,302 posts, read 20,849,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
What keeps American Blacks down is other American Blacks. Sorry if you don't like it.
And in particular those in leadership roles, elected and unelected.

With very few exceptions, black leaders today have lead a huge number of their people into government dependence and slavery. People like Jesse Jackson, Sheila Jackson Lee, Maxine Waters and Al Sharpton have done more damage than any slave holder did 200 years ago. It's so unfortunate that they follow those idiots instead of positive leaders like Condi Rice, Thomas Sewell, Herman Cain and Colin Powell.

Old 08-31-2013, 01:46 PM

18,247 posts, read 22,626,258 times
Let's just be honest, White people tend to resent and envy Black people who have risen higher then they have in life. I have witnessed and experienced this over and over and over again so this threads are nothing more than inferior Whites on a statistical "power trip". All of those who are pondering and pontificating would literally riot if (and when) Blacks statistically best them in education and income.

Old 08-31-2013, 02:48 PM

19,023 posts, read 26,058,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Let's just be honest, White people tend to resent and envy Black people who have risen higher then they have in life. I have witnessed and experienced this over and over and over again so this threads are nothing more than inferior Whites on a statistical "power trip". All of those who are pondering and pontificating would literally riot if (and when) Blacks statistically best them in education and income.
I don't know what that is supposed to mean. I have been on a lot of islands in the Caribbean and to Bermuda and there i have black friends that don't much care for black Americans. Some of these blacks earn a better wage that i do, or they are in deeper debt than I am. I don't make their business my business, unless we are doing business. Like maybe water reclamation and or filtering plant work which these guys OWN.

If you are what you say you are, then you will know blacks from other points of view and that they are not fond of the BS and the slave issue in the way blacks make it to be in the American view.

The blacks I deal with are smart and highly educated, never having grown up in any American ghetto.

And me if i was just into money there would be no way I was involved with project Dignity, where not for blacks, but poor farmers in the philippines will render coconuts faster and gain more profit from more parts of the nut than ever before in the history of man. But that's another topic.

Not you, but a lot of other's here on CD have me branded for what I am not. But then I am not PC.

I am just sick of the BS.. The BS just gets in the way and forces that nothing gets done.

IF anyone a race or a individual expect to get ahead they better go to work. No one is given a thing in this world and no one ever did.

It isn't the nations fault American blacks pander and whine and 'Hope' that one day some one else will take notice and do something FOR Them.

Isn't waiting 150 years enough years of waiting to know this?

Old 08-31-2013, 02:50 PM

33,386 posts, read 35,023,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
actually i welcome it, because it means the black community has decided to stand up and get ahead on their own and not try to go through the government.

Old 08-31-2013, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
And in particular those in leadership roles, elected and unelected.

With very few exceptions, black leaders today have lead a huge number of their people into government dependence and slavery. People like Jesse Jackson, Sheila Jackson Lee, Maxine Waters and Al Sharpton have done more damage than any slave holder did 200 years ago. It's so unfortunate that they follow those idiots instead of positive leaders like Condi Rice, Thomas Sewell, Herman Cain and Colin Powell.
I agree but here on CD that kind of talk, gets one branded a racist.

American Blacks prefer the whiners and gansta's like Sharpton, since getting over and something for FREE is better than going to work. Going to work is such a hassle, pulling your pants up to above the elastic line on you bright colored boxer shorts.

Maybe they misunderstood We Shall Over Come to mean We will get Free Stuff.....

I personally find in this world of silly man, that no one one gives you Freedom or Equality, If these are things one wants they TAKE IT.

That doesn't mean "The Man' won't stop and hassle you. It means that when he does, you tell him what the LAW is. That might take 45 minutes. It did me in Mass with my horse in a trailer and it was over guns, or what the stupid cop thought was guns. Flintlocks in plain view don't count as guns anymore in any states, but dufus thought so.

He violated my Rights and i let him to build my case. Once he did, I cut loose on him and demanded to be arrested. I doubt he had ever heard that one before. he looked pretty well stunned, and i went up one side and down the other verbally, pointing out all his errors and his lack of awareness where it could have come to the point that I would have been in possession of somebodies Glock. But first one needs to be smart and know their rights.

When all you have is a 10th grade education and have been pushed there from the 3rd grade life isn't going to be all that great. Jobs there are going to be pushing a broom not a button.

The broad in Zimmerman case is a case in point. Unless she gets a better education than she has, her weight, her appearance, and he manner are not going to get her anywhere in life.

That isn't white mans fault. It's her fault.

Old 08-31-2013, 03:05 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,868,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Being from the NORTH and being 61 I can't say I am very familiar with Jim Crow, and most anyone younger than me, no matter their race isn't going to be either.

I am tired of explaining that. I am not even going to bother challenging Jim Crow which didn't exist in the north and wasn't known.
When do you think Jim Crow ended? Why do you think Jim Crow doesn't also apply to the North?

Old 08-31-2013, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernDem View Post
So basically you are saying if you are black and don't follow a conservative, you are on welfare, got it.
No, What he was stating was if you follow blow hard do nuthins who like to play at gangsta you get what you looked for.

And he said if you follow the people who have gone before you and became a success you stand a better chance.

If you think I would hire some idiot no matter the race that wears his pants down below his ass you are wrong. I don't care if it is a fashion. I just don't. Going around and looking as stupid as possible isn't going to impress anyone, and doing that to me in my face just might get a fancy custom .45 pressed into one's rib cage.

The pressing will end after just more light one.

I see American blacks working trash trucks looking like that, and they make as much noise as possible in the act. Hey I don't care... Sure yeah, I see it and I laugh. Is that all they got? I assume that gets you bare bones minimum wage, and you get the bennies if beating up plastic trash cans and being loud in mixed race neighborhoods.

For a fact not a one of them could come to me looking that way and get a job. For a fact none of them given 30 life times could tell me how to boil water at 105 degrees F.. Not even 117 degrees F... And if they could it would be too much Uncle Thomm.

Live in squalor i don't care.

Old 08-31-2013, 04:12 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,551,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernDem View Post
So Then why did he not name any people left of center in his argument ?

by the way, Al Sharpton is against everything you just said you are against, did you not watch his March on Washington speech ?

A couple of years ago, he started a big debate about the Use of the N word in rap and the style you just deplored.
To be fair, these guys don't seem to have the slightest clue what any black activist or politician says, so it's not like they somehow singled out Al Sharpton for their stereotyping.

Old 08-31-2013, 06:04 PM

18,247 posts, read 22,626,258 times
There is absolutely nothing benevolent in the intent of these threads...besides giving the blatant (and covert) racists a chance to vent and rant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies