Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2013, 08:39 PM

29,640 posts, read 16,692,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
My neighbor was born in Vietnam as an ethnic minority (Hmong) that had been persecuted in Vietnam for 1000+ years. He came here in the 70's. He and his wife learned English, raised 6 children that all graduated from college. 3 of them are medical doctors. Amazing people. I guess I don't understand why black people are struggling as bad as they are. You get one chance at life, why waste it for any reason?
Not all immigrants come here and end up a success or send all their kids to college to become doctors, and not all black people are struggling.

Black people struggle because of the system.

A kid grows up in a bad neighborhood in a failing school, the same happened to their parents and their parents before that. Education is the quickest way out of poverty and instead of fixing schools in black communities, they are defunding them (making them worse) or shutting them down and busing kids to places that are only one test score away from being just as bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2013, 08:53 PM

411 posts, read 905,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Our President was raised by a poor white woman and look where it got him......I do have to wonder about the "poor" part of living this President claims to have lived. Blacks can do anything whites can do, it's been proved.

exactly why there are no valid excuses left for them. they are a failing people and a failing culture. 72% of black children with single moms says it all. The men are animals and the women allow it to keep happening.

Old 09-01-2013, 08:55 PM

15,059 posts, read 6,237,200 times
No, as the answer to your initial question.

Just an observation...it is interesting how people assign ethnicity/culture based on so-called race. A significant number of African descendants in the U.S. do not have a background/heritage in this country yet the terms "black" and "African-American" are used interchangeably.

Old 09-01-2013, 09:18 PM

cases in point

Sean Kemp
Calvin Murphy
Jessie Jackson

and many many many other famous black men that couldn't keep it in their pants and have an outrageous amount of children by an outrageous amount of women they never married. How many famous white guys do you hear this about?

and these are people with money. one who claims to be a REVERAND! Imagine if they were poor. Oh wait, that's actually the case in much of the country. 72% is unforgiveable. It's also just one of the many massive signs that the black population is failing miserably.

But not enough of them care to fix it. It's their own fault and white people have ZERO to do with it.

Excuses from the black population are ringing more and more hollow as the years go by. They have stupid white liberals to plead their case but not many are listening anymore. Too many innocent people (including decent blacks) have been robbed, raped, beaten, and murdered. Our prisons are full of black people. Our black schools are failing terribly. Our black neighborhoods are war zones. Our black children go fatherless and unsupervised and then to jail. But not enough black people want to fix it. White people have tried infinitely harder to fix it for them and we see where that gets us. I for one am sick of the double standard. I'm sick of the complaining. The race card. The crime. The ignorance. The apathy.

I live in a very middle class community with all races represented almost equally. Why is it that the black people in my neighborhood have the crappiest looking lawns? Why are their children out late roaming the streets? Why have ALL the break-ins in my community been by black kids? ALL OF THEM!

I tell you what, I am fully prepared to shoot those dogs down if they enter my house with evil intentions. I will then drop their dead bodies in their absentee parent's unmowed lawn. I won't feel a moments guilt over it either. If you are a law abiding citizen who keeps to himself and is respectful of others you will only see my good side. I don't care what your color is. It's just very hard not to notice who's committing most of these BS crimes. White libs know too but they can never admit they were wrong.

Liberals are destroying the country.

Old 09-01-2013, 09:24 PM

6,940 posts, read 9,721,689 times
How is this thread still up?

Old 09-01-2013, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Updated chart:

The purpose of my posting the chart above, is to suggest that blacks are not incapable or lazy; but rather, that they have allowed themselves to be duped by the race-baiters and poverty pimps who have been so prominent in our society, even while genuinely helpful people worked hard to improve things.

"Welfare" was implemented in the 1960s, and developed into a program where poor people got paid more if they had no spouse present to help support them; and got paid more if they had more children. All races were eligible for the program, of course, but blacks with their far-lower incomes were qualified for far more payments.

Cold arithmetic made it plain that their incomes would increase more, if they kicked out the husband of the family, also if they had as many children as possible. Probably few actual "kicking-outs" happened, but as the stress and strain of family life in poverty continued, the impetus for the father to say around, considerably lessened.

That, plus a good dose of "Whitey owes you for the horrors of slavery a hundred years ago and the racism of today" and "Whitey is in charge here, here's your chance to stick it to him" from the above-mentioned race hustlers and poverty pimps, combined to make it very tempting for poor women (especially poor black women) to have lots of children while living at home with no job and without a husband present.

The result was predictable (by anyone not wearing liberal rose-colored blinders): more and more children were born to jobless single black women, to be raised with no responsible father around.

This was not the only cause for this disaster, but I suggest it is one of the major causes.
TIL there was no welfare prior to the 1960s.

You got to love CD.

Old 09-01-2013, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
How is this thread still up?

another liberal wishing the truth away.

Liberals are destroying this country.

Old 09-01-2013, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortwashingtonkid View Post
another liberal wishing the truth away.

No, I just don't like the selective moderating in this sub forum

The OP raised a good point, but you can't ignore the fact that blacks were barred from entering the middle class. The GI Bill, which a lot of them were denied, helped whites move up the social ladder.

Old 09-01-2013, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
No, I just don't like the selective moderating in this sub forum

The OP raised a good point, but you can't ignore the fact that blacks were barred from entering the middle class. The GI Bill, which a lot of them were denied, helped whites move up the social ladder.
but this was corrected after WW2. lesson learned. we move on.

Old 09-01-2013, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortwashingtonkid View Post
but this was corrected after WW2. lesson learned. we move on.

Really? The 1950s are only 3 generations ago. You and others alike ignore the reality of generational wealth. Your economical livelihood is highly dependent on the wealth of your parents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies