Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2013, 06:09 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,470,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
I agree but here on CD that kind of talk, gets one branded a racist.

American Blacks prefer the whiners and gansta's like Sharpton, since getting over and something for FREE is better than going to work. Going to work is such a hassle, pulling your pants up to above the elastic line on you bright colored boxer shorts.

Maybe they misunderstood We Shall Over Come to mean We will get Free Stuff.....

I personally find in this world of silly man, that no one one gives you Freedom or Equality, If these are things one wants they TAKE IT.

That doesn't mean "The Man' won't stop and hassle you. It means that when he does, you tell him what the LAW is. That might take 45 minutes. It did me in Mass with my horse in a trailer and it was over guns, or what the stupid cop thought was guns. Flintlocks in plain view don't count as guns anymore in any states, but dufus thought so.

He violated my Rights and i let him to build my case. Once he did, I cut loose on him and demanded to be arrested. I doubt he had ever heard that one before. he looked pretty well stunned, and i went up one side and down the other verbally, pointing out all his errors and his lack of awareness where it could have come to the point that I would have been in possession of somebodies Glock. But first one needs to be smart and know their rights.

When all you have is a 10th grade education and have been pushed there from the 3rd grade life isn't going to be all that great. Jobs there are going to be pushing a broom not a button.

The broad in Zimmerman case is a case in point. Unless she gets a better education than she has, her weight, her appearance, and he manner are not going to get her anywhere in life.

That isn't white mans fault. It's her fault.

Once again, people like yourself confuse socioeconomic status and class with race/ethnicity. The majority of Black Americans that I am related to or are friends with have at least an undergraduate degree and most have graduate/professional degrees. On the other hand, most of the White people that I know (especially in the work environment) are poorly educated and most do not have any college education at all. Actually, most of the Whites that I encounter in my area lack higher education and are LLTs. Is my experience based on RACE or CLASS?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2013, 06:44 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,658,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mondayafternoons View Post
Is this how you feel? Because I have never ever heard anyone say that blacks should be farther ahead, although plenty of people talk about how they still are not treated equally and have had to face continuing racism in society as well as the workplace, so if anything with a deck stacked against you that way, they have made some real strides. Sometimes i notice people here will post a question as if it is something others believe, when really its the belief of the poster and theu just dont want to own it, so instead they act as if they are just curious if others have heard it
If you read any of my post, you should realize that I am of the belief that blacks have performed inferior. My position is that given the same circumstance in degree and or kind, that no race of people would be in any better position that African Americans are today. From what I glean from most whites I read, they actually believe that blacks SHOULD be much further than they are. I believe that many, if not most, whites believe that.

I ask question to prob the root beliefs of people. Actions produce reaction. The reaction to what blacks have experienced in this nation is socioeconomic inequality. Black "culture" is the creation of and or reaction to white "culture".

Old 08-31-2013, 07:17 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,192,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Let's just be honest, White people tend to resent and envy Black people who have risen higher then they have in life. I have witnessed and experienced this over and over and over again so this threads are nothing more than inferior Whites on a statistical "power trip". All of those who are pondering and pontificating would literally riot if (and when) Blacks statistically best them in education and income.

oh brother!!
what a total crock!!!
why would anyone resent black people having success???
hell if more of them made THAT a priority instead of playing victims and pissing and moaning like this bs we would have a lot more money here to spend on schools or repairing our roads and bridges
instead of the billions being paid for welfare and food stamps
your statement is just loony tunes!!!!

Old 08-31-2013, 07:29 PM

1,300 posts, read 1,037,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Compare us to a group in America with the exact same story over the exact same time period.

Give me a group that came up through slavery in this country, then another 100 years of Jim Crow and complete disenfranchisement from the American Dream.

When you can make that comparison, get back to me.
I don't understand how things that happened decades and even hundreds of years ago should impact blacks of 2013 to the point that many of them can't get ahead and improve their lives or that would cause many of them to act out violently?

If you've been born in the last 20-30 years, you've NEVER experienced slavery and you've avoided the majority of racism and oppression that your ancestors experienced. So what's their excuse for not improving?

Also if you still want to make the argument that history matters, then please explain why black Canadians who experienced little to no slavery and oppression are STILL far and away the most violent group of people on a per capita basis in Canada and many of them also live in poverty just like their American counterparts? Why do black Canadians who have a much different history than black Americans still share the shame problems of high crime rates, high violence and high rates of poverty/low income?

Quote:
Let's just be honest, White people tend to resent and envy Black people who have risen higher then they have in life. I have witnessed and experienced this over and over and over again so this threads are nothing more than inferior Whites on a statistical "power trip". All of those who are pondering and pontificating would literally riot if (and when) Blacks statistically best them in education and income.
We all know that as a group asians are generally more wealthy than most people in the US as well as in Canada and yet I've NEVER resented them for it and in fact applaud them that so many asians, both immigrants and those born here can become so successful, while at the same time commit so little crime and violence and are happy to live in peace with everyone else.

Old 08-31-2013, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
oh brother!!
what a total crock!!!
why would anyone resent black people having success???
hell if more of them made THAT a priority instead of playing victims and pissing and moaning like this bs we would have a lot more money here to spend on schools or repairing our roads and bridges
instead of the billions being paid for welfare and food stamps
your statement is just loony tunes!!!!
More White people are on welfare and food stamps than Black people so save that diatribe for the folks in the trailer parks and meth labs.

Old 08-31-2013, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Sterling View Post
We all know that as a group asians are generally more wealthy than most people in the US as well as in Canada and yet I've NEVER resented them for it and in fact applaud them that so many asians, both immigrants and those born here can become so successful, while at the same time commit so little crime and violence and are happy to live in peace with everyone else.
Whites are quick to yank Asians off of the "model minority" pedestal if they don't play their assigned roles of the subservient geisha girl and passive Asian man.

Old 08-31-2013, 09:39 PM

31,288 posts, read 20,660,084 times
Quote:
Let's just be honest, White people tend to resent and envy Black people who have risen higher then they have in life. .
Not true at all. I applaud Condi Rice and Colin Powell,

Old 08-31-2013, 10:09 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,695,553 times
Quote:
More White people are on welfare and food stamps than Black people so save that diatribe for the folks in the trailer parks and meth labs.
really? try again;

Welfare Statistics | Statistic Brain

from the link;

Quote:
Percent of recipients who are white 38.8 % Percent of recipients who are black 39.8 % Percent of recipients who are Hispanic 15.7 % Percent of recipients who are Asian 2.4 % Percent of recipients who are Other 3.3 %
you might want to read up sometime.

Old 09-01-2013, 07:54 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,898,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
When do you think Jim Crow ended? Why do you think Jim Crow doesn't also apply to the North?
I can't provide an exact date for when Jim Crow ended. For all I know Jim Crow is alive and well today.

I'ld like to say Jim Crow ended in 1964 or 1965, but I am pretty sure Jim Crow is doing very well somewhere in the deep south.

I was 13 years old when MLK was faced to face with Wallace. 1 year later i was living on my own in Boston. from what i could see there was no Jim Crow in Boston.

I didn't like what I saw of Jim Crow in the deep south, but no one hears me now, and when I was 13 no one cared better then. Is what it is.

Ended is a term that is too concrete to me, unless we are talking digital and or machines. They say slavery 'ended', but the truth is it never has, and may not in the time of silly man.

Old 09-01-2013, 08:03 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,898,332 times
Quote:
Once again, people like yourself confuse socioeconomic status and class with race/ethnicity. The majority of Black Americans that I am related to or are friends with have at least an undergraduate degree and most have graduate/professional degrees. On the other hand, most of the White people that I know (especially in the work environment) are poorly educated and most do not have any college education at all. Actually, most of the Whites that I encounter in my area lack higher education and are LLTs. Is my experience based on RACE or CLASS?
Well a good part of my confusion is I really don't discriminate by race. You can either boil water at 105 F or you can't and if you can i don't need you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies