Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2013, 08:05 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,544,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
It appears they have gone silent. Why is that? Where are the protests? Where is the anti war crowd? Where are the front yard signs I saw? I guess nobody cares anymore?

It's quite amazing the hypocrisy of these left handed folks.

Here is the saddest part of it all. Obama sits around a table like a child at a tea party with his little world leaders he's indulging and old Hanoi John goes out behind the podium and microphone to make the US statement. I mean how ridiculous is that? Hell I bet ketchup man was in heaven as that is the stage he always wanted to be on. I'm surprised he didn't knock the damn podium over with his woody he had to be sporting at the time. Just a pathetic mess this entire administration is.
O doesn't want anyone asking him why he isn't consulting Congress.

That might be embarrassing for a dictator to explain.

As for the Bots, they're pathetic as usual.

Old 08-31-2013, 08:17 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,052,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctk0p7 View Post
Probably a little too early for protests about a war that hasn't happened. I'm sure if we actually get into a war with Syria the protests will begin.
I'm not holding my breath, especially with most of the entertainment industry folks and similar obamabots. That would be turning against their idol, admitting they were wrong, and accepting they would be better off supporting a candidate like Paul or Cruz (gasp! Not an R!)

Old 08-31-2013, 08:43 AM

2,040 posts, read 2,459,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
O doesn't want anyone asking him why he isn't consulting Congress.

That might be embarrassing for a dictator to explain.

As for the Bots, they're pathetic as usual.
Especially when he attacked Bush so publicly and said he'd never go to war without a large coalition of UN nations and without Congressional approval.

Biden even threatened impeachment proceedings against Bush if he bombed Iran without Congress' OK.

Posted with TapaTalk

Old 08-31-2013, 08:49 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,998,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Umm no I don't care what your status is.
Who knows what her status is when her profile is private to non friends...?

Old 08-31-2013, 09:01 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,782,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Are are plenty of anti war people around... But we are fortunate that we now have a Prez that will act in the US best interests, as opposed to ol' Bushie. When and If there is military action against Syria, the decision will be well thought out.
I also hope that a lot of thought was given to the various outcomes if there is retaliation from Syria. Without the approval of the UN the US will own this and no country is under any obligation to join the US in the battle. Obama isn't getting any international support in this.

I was shocked to learn that Syria has the power to be a direct threat to the US and our national security.

Old 08-31-2013, 09:04 AM

1,963 posts, read 1,822,896 times
Do people really still think theres a difference between the two parties when it comes to foreign policy?

Sad.

Old 08-31-2013, 09:07 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,782,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
Who knows what her status is when her profile is private to non friends...?
Look under her username on the screen.

Old 08-31-2013, 09:08 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
The neo-cons can't accept that Obama plays things calm, cool, and collected. They would rather have someone in office who takes a "shoot first and ask questions later" approach to global affairs.
Yes. Which is why it is astonishing NOW - that some of them are insisting that Obama have ever MORE patience and information ~ when, in the past, they have all been proponents of what you just said ~ attack FIRST and ask questions later.

Old 08-31-2013, 09:09 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
Did democrats protest the Afghanistan war? No.

Democrats only protested the Iraq war (because Iraq had nothing to do with Sept 11.)

The Bush White House told 935 documented lies about Iraq, killed 100,000+ innocent Iraqi people, and killed 1,000's of US soldiers for nothing.

Study: Bush, aides made 935 false statements in run-up to war - CNN.com

When Obama tells 100's of lies to start a war, kills 100,000+ innocent people, and kills 1,000's of US soldiers for nothing, then we will complain about Obama, just like we complained about Bush.
Bush went into Iraq because off gassing their people.. same thing Obama is pondering to go in..

It very well could be that the chemical weapons used in Syria are Saddam Hussein's stash of chemical weapons that did go over the border into Syria as reported years ago.

Old 08-31-2013, 09:15 AM

1,963 posts, read 1,822,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Bush went into Iraq because off gassing their people.. same thing Obama is pondering to go in..

It very well could be that the chemical weapons used in Syria could be Saddam Hussein's stash of chemical weapons that did go over the border into Syria as reported years ago.
Except Saddam gassing his people was ancient history by the time Bush decided he had to do something about it.

Except the main reason for invading Iraq was "explicit ties to al Qaeda," which was the only way to get public support.

I'm not trying to condone Obama's bloodthirst in any way, its sickening we have to listen to the same lie every few years.

Regardless, this thread just goes to show the OP's hypocrisy, not the Democrats.

He's stating that if you're a liberal, yiu hated Bush's wars but love Obama's. Conversely, that means if you're a liberal you hate this war but loved Bush's. So whats the difference? If OP is harping on partisan war support, he just defeated his own argument before he got past the title.

Like I said, foreign policy is controlled by the military, CIA, and NSA, not the DNC or GOP. Take a stroll through US military history and you'll begin to understand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies