Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2013, 11:54 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,834,229 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Many of show a violent and sometimes an unnatural dislike for the president not realizing many of the things that have/ not been done also had the help/hinderance of Congress which many of you for some reason have given a pass.

Now for a reality check. The worldwide banning of chemical weapons is not his ideal alone this was something that was agreed upon by pretty much everyone, but now here it comes time to enforce it all of the sudden everyone has their thumbs up their butts. From reading just half of these posts I realize that your hatered for the president either 1) impedes your use for common sense or 2) have no clue regarding the ramification of not preventing this from happening. Oh another is that it is just another reason to rag on the president.

Now, my question to some of you who feel that the President is acting cowardly by not attacking immediately without Congressional approval, eventhough he does not need it because he is not declaring war. Since the U.S was one of the main countries that wanted the chemical usage banned worldwide, how can you say that he is weak because he was simply enforcing an agreement that we made? For those of you that are clueless enough to believe that Putin is a strong leader, huh Russia was one of the 180 countries to sign on to this agreement in the is first place! This in my book makes him either a coward or a liar, either trait does not look good.

The president voiced the warnings because of the agreement and felt that the world which aided in the writing of it would back him up. Apparently once bitten by false information before in Iraq they are real hesitant to do it again, thus you have a the vote in Britian. Now, dumping this on Congress as mentioned by someone earlier works in twofold. The first one will have them both either share blame or credit and second one will differentate himself (in theory) from what bush did by going it alone with faulty information.
[SIZE=4]Chemical and biological weapons - ICRC[/SIZE]

Now the ramifications, if this is not contained it could affect the stability of the Middle East by possibly spilling over into other boarding countries like Isreal, Jordan, Iraq and our Turkey. With refugees going to the nearest boarders it could wreck the struggling economies in those countries as well. This can renew tensions in Egypt thus also effecting the protection of the Suez Canal from terrorism and that would affect world commerce (i.e high gas prices which is something all of you care about anyway). Besides, if it spills into Turkey or Isreal we will have to get involved anyway because they are our allies.
The Land of Reason is from from whence you come?

My guess from that nonsense of a post would be either India or perhaps one of our inner cities?

The whole charade with Syria is just that .. a charade!

Polls falling like a rock?
Fast and Furious, Benghazi, IRS, NSA, James Rosen, The AP, Solyndra ..
People catching on to what a Serial Liar looks like when his lips move?

No problem .. Act indignant, do some sabre rattling .. Anything to distract!

You and no one here or (apparently) Congress knows .. with certainty Who it was that used chemical weapons!

We do know one thing for certain though .. The Clown Prince and the Left know how to distract from what was/is bringing the Clown Prince's favorability with the public down!

This Weak, little man doesn't give a #@^& about .. The Children or the gassing of Syrian's .. The Clown Prince cares about no one except of course .. himself!

If the leftist media would have EVER taken this poor excuse of a leader to task on all of the corruption of his and his administration .. The Clown Prince would be too embarrassed to step foot in The Rose Garden to lie his @## off every time another 'crisis' or 'scandal' comes along!
Pathetic, Corrupt .. Weak Little Man-Boy!

See I can make long posts too!
(Difference is .. mine make sense!)

Last edited by MrClose; 09-01-2013 at 12:11 AM..

Old 09-01-2013, 03:46 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,678,035 times
Obama the warmonger will go to Congress for approval and will most likely be told "no" then he will find another reason to blame the Republicans for not doing "what is right" and divide this country even more.

Just watch...

And maybe he will go around Congress and give the OK to strike Syria anyway. Wouldn't be the first time now, would it? Bypass Congress that is.

A friend of mine who has relatives in Syria told me not to believe the war propaganda machine; that the people actually like Assad because he is what is keeping the country together or so to speak. I believe that.

Old 09-01-2013, 05:02 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,506,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I appear to be one of the few on the forum advocating for a military strike on Syria.

I believe in American Exceptionalism. We should have bombed them yesterday as far as I'm concerned.

Frankly, isolationist libertarians are a bit scary to me.
American Exceptionalism doesn't give us the right or duty to bomb other nations. Opposition to military action in Syria is not limited to what you call 'isolationist libertarians.'

Old 09-01-2013, 05:33 AM

545 posts, read 451,774 times
very unsettling

Last edited by macpherson; 09-01-2013 at 06:17 AM..

Old 09-01-2013, 05:35 AM

9,324 posts, read 16,663,180 times
Default 5000 killed in Iraq in 2013

When is the US going to mind it's own business? We spread nothing but hate and discontent throughout the Middle East and those countries like Saudi Arabia stand by and do nothing even though they have plenty of military. In Iraq this year, 5000 people have been killed.

UN Says Over 800 People Killed in Iraq in August - ABC News

Obviously our intervention and lose of our troops haven't brought calm to the area.

The US needs to take care of Americans and the economy rather than spend more money so Obama can "save face."

Old 09-01-2013, 05:45 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,416,507 times
Obama is embarrassing the USA.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/01/wo...k.html?hp&_r=0

Quote:
“It is just so clear — they are playing us like puppets, but they all want him to stay,” she said, referring to President Bashar al-Assad of Syria. “Obama is full of talk. He’s so weak and useless.”

Old 09-01-2013, 05:59 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,853,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I would be shocked if congress approved it since most americans are against it.
Congress listen to what Americans want? Are you serious? Congress has nothing to do with us, it has everything to do with politics.

Old 09-01-2013, 06:02 AM

26 posts, read 28,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Right - I wonder if that may actually be what he is looking for in order to somewhat save face. He got himself into a pickle by committing the credibility of his administration - and the USA - to enforcing this "red line", and now he may be concluding that enforcement once the line has been crossed doesn't yield desirable outcomes. US credibility will still take a hit, regardless.
This has to be it. As someone said earlier, since when has he ever let the constitution get in his way? He got in over his head, doesn't want to lose face, so leave it to congress. When they vote it down (hopefully) then he can do what he does best, point fingers, shift blame and said "I tried. It's not my fault."

Old 09-01-2013, 06:02 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,781,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
I will say, I didn't see this coming. While it's the right thing to do, I have to wonder about the effectiveness of what seems to be the world's most transparent campaign to bomb Syria. They've been signaling it so publicly by now that they may as well just include the date, time, and targets in that vote as well by now. Already, there are reports that the Syrians are moving weapons across borders, getting out of bases, mixing into civilian populations; now they know they have at least another month to protect their most valuable assets and blunt the effectiveness of any US military strike. How much more transparency do you want to give your enemy?

I wonder if Obama wishes to backtrack on his red line and is actually looking for a negative vote from Congress as an excuse not to follow through. He has to know that Congress would never approve anything he asks for these days, Syria-related or not.
Nothing like giving your enemy a heads up and the time for them to prepare for what may be coming. More transparency given to the enemy than to the citizens of the US. Bombing empty government and military facilities will achieve what??

Congress is Obama's out. Congress says no military action, Obama can shrug his shoulders and say "I tried, but Congress won't let me. As usual, Congress won't work with me." Congress says yes to military action and should it go horribly wrong, as quite a few knowledgeably seasoned people who actually know the region, are predicting as a possibility, he can blame Congress. Either way - it's going to be on Congress.

Old 09-01-2013, 06:03 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,947,200 times
When Hitler was gassing Jews prior to WWII, I wish the U.S.was willing to commit forces to stop it, instead of the mind our own business attitude I read on this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies