Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2013, 04:11 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,520,187 times

Advertisements

I agree, they both seem awful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2013, 05:29 PM

6,104 posts, read 5,990,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
I haven't seen a worse crop of gubernatorial candidates in years. Cliff notes version: a corrupt tea party nut job versus a liberal carpetbagging Yankee who talks about creating jobs but business activities actually moved jobs out of Virginia. FYI he's actually faked a Southern accent which is so sad. This is a total trainwreck and I genuinely feel awful for the state. I don't know a single Republican or Democrat who is thrilled about their respective candidates for the state to be honest.

Ken Cuccinelli is just as much a carpetbagger as Mr McAuliff. Cuccinelli was born in New Jersey (Do you really think that someone with an Italian name is a son of ol'Virginia whose ancestors road with Stonewall or faught for ol Marse Robert!). He graduated from one of the finest Catholic High Schools ls in Washington DC and Remember he began his Fairfax County VA and once a State Rep and Senator from said area a part of that Yankee infested area north of the Rappahanock.

Old 09-01-2013, 06:02 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,080,865 times
Heck,I live in Illinois and feel both of you guys pain as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
I live in Texas and share your pain.

Old 09-01-2013, 07:12 PM

3,040 posts, read 2,578,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
McAfee doesnt like this site. anyways, what Makes her a better candidate than Terry ?
Theres others. Just Google Lindsey Bolten VA. Lindsey is only running for District 46 IIRC. Not Governor.

She's better because she Libertarian.

1. Terry is a Democrat.
2. He supports gun control.
3. He supports Late term abortion.
4. http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2013-08-02/politics/40987370_1_terry-mcauliffe-visa-program-sec-investigation
5. Both candidates just suck.

Robert Sarvis is the best candidate at tho moment yet many don't even know of him. Why? Because the Dems AND Reps don't want you to! That tells you something right there.

Last edited by Jean71; 09-01-2013 at 07:30 PM..

Old 09-01-2013, 07:17 PM

45,379 posts, read 60,575,206 times
VA is just getting a taste if what we put up with in MD, two incompetents going head to head. Well without the blatant Legislative corruption, vote selling and illegals voting. At least your Governor can only serve one term. I'm not usually a proponent of term limits.

Old 09-01-2013, 07:23 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,058,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
VA is just getting a taste if what we put up with in MD, two incompetents going head to head. Well without the blatant Legislative corruption, vote selling and illegals voting. At least your Governor can only serve one term. I'm not usually a proponent of term limits.
Are you talking about the last election or the upcoming one or both lol

Old 09-01-2013, 07:45 PM

45,379 posts, read 60,575,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Are you talking about the last election or the upcoming one or both lol
Yes.

Actually Ehrlich was a pretty good, and middle of the road, Governor. He was dealt a bad hand with the Legislature, especially with a couple of the leaders determined that some initiatives like gambling would only be passed under a Democratic Governor.

Old 09-01-2013, 08:07 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,058,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Yes.

Actually Ehrlich was a pretty good, and middle of the road, Governor. He was dealt a bad hand with the Legislature, especially with a couple of the leaders determined that some initiatives like gambling would only be passed under a Democratic Governor.
I actually didn't have a problem with Ehrlich. Besides the alternative was Kathleen Townsend who I did not vote for. I don't care what party you are affiliated with you should vote for the person and not the party. I didn't like that Ehrlich pushed for the ICC though. It displaced so much wild life and homes. It's barely used because it costs too much. I live in Olney which was pretty much rural before the ICC and now we have these huge ugly highway signs directing people to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies