Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2013, 03:05 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,819,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I've seen women out-shoot men.

Female, right handed, left eyed, trained by a WWII marksman and I win a HELL of a lot of bets.

There is nothing sweeter than listening to some loud-mouth yahoo brag about what he did in the Marines and then nonchalantly saying, "Pull" and, after you've proved your point, quietly turn in his direction and watch him shut his mouth because he's getting laughed at. Trust me on that one.
They don't shoot trap/skeet during combat. Again, because you have seen a women outshoot a man does not prove anything.

Old 09-23-2013, 03:31 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,168,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Again, because you have seen a women outshoot a man does not prove anything.
Oh, many, many times. The best occasions are when a truly skilled and gifted male marksman acknowledges the skills of the woman shooting. That means he's secure in who he is. He's not worried about his masculinity being threatened by a woman. (Which is, let me tell you, soooo 1957.) Love those guys.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 09-23-2013 at 03:50 PM..

Old 09-23-2013, 04:17 PM

37,110 posts, read 41,250,908 times
Quote:
Men have better hand eye coordination and spatial recognition skills than women, both are very important when shooting quickly and at range.
Aren't you conveniently forgetting those Russian WWII female snipers?

Old 09-23-2013, 04:32 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,462,301 times
Quote:
Oh, many, many times. The best occasions are when a truly skilled and gifted male marksman acknowledges the skills of the woman shooting. That means he's secure in who he is. He's not worried about his masculinity being threatened by a woman. (Which is, let me tell you, soooo 1957.) Love those guys.
The idea of men being threatened by women is simply a leverage used to extract agreement from men. It's just "agree with me or you're not a real man" garbage. I have information or opinion on the specific issue of whether men or women or neither one is more accurate on average with firearms. But the use of threatening a man's masculinity or ego in order to get him to side with the liberal slant on a gender issue is a tired old tactic that has been used for literally decades.

Old 09-23-2013, 04:33 PM

37,110 posts, read 41,250,908 times
Quote:
Their is no ban on women in men sports. Women just cannot compete at the same level as men in physical compititions. Even in golf, which is hardly physical, women cannot compete with men.
So you are saying every male golfer can outplay every female golfer?

Every male runner can outrun every female runner? Current women's 100 meter sprint world record times are only a fraction of a second off Jesse Owens' 1936 record time. Current women's marathon records are now the same as male records in the early 1960s.

Unless you are talking about the most elite athletes, you will find an overlap between higher performing women and lower performing men.

Old 09-23-2013, 04:40 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
You can start by googling "95% of women, not including Elizabeth Zane".

Front line combat, yeah, ridiculous idea for the vast majority of women. It's a job much better suited to men, plain and simple.
Nobody asked for 95% of women to be up there.
Or even 95% of men.

Just the people who can do the job.

Old 09-23-2013, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Aren't you conveniently forgetting those Russian WWII female snipers?
No, if we were being invaded and our country being taken over I would have a different answer. Same for Israel, they are surounded on all sides by countries that have either attacked them in the past or have threaded to attack them. They need every able bodied person in case of invasion, we do not.

For an expiditionary force female combat soldiers are not needed and would hinder unit readiness/effectiveness.

Old 09-23-2013, 04:49 PM

37,961 posts, read 22,143,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Ever see some of the women who play on the semi-professional full tackle football leagues all around the country? I know a woman on the Chicago Force. She's a built like a brick house. I'm sure she could take down most of the guys on this board. The point being, there certainly are women who are capable of meeting the physical requirements.
That is not the measuring stick here; finding freakishly strong exceptions is not how our military SOP works.

Here is how it works, we go to war against an enemy that wants to destroy our way of life and kill our people. We train and equip a battalion of soldiers to close with and destroy the enemy. We expect every rifle, grenade, piece of body armor, every type of mechanized equipment and every soldier to meet one excepted, specific performance standard. We do not accept that notion that some HMMWV only have a 5 gal tank and run out of gas, while others have a four cylinder engine and can't climb hills, nor do we expect that when the squad's designated machine gunner goes down that the soldier next to him can't pick up the machine gun, and move with the squad, or carry him to the medics for treatment, because she only has the equivalent of a 5 gal tank and a four cylinder engine.

Old 09-23-2013, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
So you are saying every male golfer can outplay every female golfer?

Every male runner can outrun every female runner? Current women's 100 meter sprint world record times are only a fraction of a second off Jesse Owens' 1936 record time. Current women's marathon records are now the same as male records in the early 1960s.

Unless you are talking about the most elite athletes, you will find an overlap between higher performing women and lower performing men.
In running, yet men still hold countless records marathons.

Any women that is capable of playing competitive hockey, baseball, football, basketball or soccer against men would be playing against men. The fact is they cannot compete with men in physical sports. They have every incentive to play in those sports since male sports pays hundreds of times more than female sports.

Old 09-23-2013, 05:05 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,961,276 times
Quote:
My wife can out shoot me with a German K-98 in 8mm, but i can split stove wood far better and faster than she can. One thing takes a steady eye and a sensitive squeeze, while the other takes hand eye coordination and power.

I can beat a gas splitter... I know the How To of woods and splitting wood. But her wind up is cuter than mine hand splitting wood right takes reading each log. Most people have no idea how to read logs.

My wife can tell tree types in dead winter, so we can discover sugar maple from other trees including other maples, but i taught her. She can tell what tree a board came from too by the grain, again i taught her.

In a revolt in the USA if it ever comes to be, she will have my back, and i will have hers.

If females will be equal they will sign up on selective service and fill some slot. I won't be fussy about what slot that will be. We ALL must serve the govt or we will never be equals.

In the service of the nation there will be slots no woman can fill, and there may be slots no man can fill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies