U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-01-2013, 11:01 AM
 
Location: Home, Home on the Front Range
25,517 posts, read 18,624,301 times
Reputation: 14467

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Even further, what percentage of that 12% is committing the crimes? And what about the rest of the Black population that doesn't commit crimes?
What percentage of that 12% is Black?

Blacks make up approximately 13% of the total population. Is the OP trying to say that only 1% of blacks don't commit crimes?

People throw these percentages out there and never define what they represent.

So,OP, not that it's on topic or anything, but how about it?
How many people does that 12% represent? And what is their demographic breakdown?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-01-2013, 11:02 AM
 
Location: The West
349 posts, read 391,079 times
Reputation: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by newone2013 View Post
Yeah okay....

NEXT!!!!!!
Name me one thing Al Sharpton has been spot on about. Gimme a youtube clip, and I'll give you 10 of him being an ass.

Actually nvm. If you honestly think he makes reasonable and valid points, you aren't worth talking to.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-01-2013, 11:05 AM
 
57,067 posts, read 31,743,837 times
Reputation: 18824
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronHarpoons View Post
Name me one thing Al Sharpton has been spot on about. Gimme a youtube clip, and I'll give you 10 of him being an ass.

Actually nvm. If you honestly think he makes reasonable and valid points, you aren't worth talking to.
If you and the other person you're arguing with already hold opposing political viewpoints, why would you agree on anything that Sharpton says? Sharpton is a liberal. Are you?

If not, you're making a dumb argument.

Again, people retain the right to support Sharpton when he's right on the issues. If he's wrong, i'll say he's wrong.

And he's right far more often than he's wrong. That's for damn sure.

BTW...who the hell are you to judge who's worth "talking to" based on their own ideology? You're some arbiter or truth and light?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-01-2013, 11:10 AM
 
20,950 posts, read 17,729,211 times
Reputation: 10270
Quote:
Originally Posted by newone2013 View Post
AAhhh the favored quote of "patriots" everywhere..
True, none the less.

Why do white wealthy lefties constantly TALK about "helping" the minorities, as if they're helpless children?

Black people don't NEED your help.....they need jobs.

Jobs bring opportunity.

However, the race baiters, like sharpton and jackson have fooled the black community into WANTING "immigration reform", which will disproportionately negatively effect the black community.

When they compare "immigration reform" to the civil rights movement, they are being totally disingenuous.

They only want "immigration reform" because it will sure up the dummycrat base and fill their coffers even more.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-01-2013, 11:14 AM
 
57,067 posts, read 31,743,837 times
Reputation: 18824
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
True, none the less.

Why do white wealthy lefties constantly TALK about "helping" the minorities, as if they're helpless children?

Black people don't NEED your help.....they need jobs.

Jobs bring opportunity.

However, the race baiters, like sharpton and jackson have fooled the black community into WANTING "immigration reform", which will disproportionately negatively effect the black community.

When they compare "immigration reform" to the civil rights movement, they are being totally disingenuous.

They only want "immigration reform" because it will sure up the dummycrat base and fill their coffers even more.
Awwww...isn't that sweet. YOU caring about black folks. Just warms my black heart.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-01-2013, 11:15 AM
 
20,950 posts, read 17,729,211 times
Reputation: 10270
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
If you and the other person you're arguing with already hold opposing political viewpoints, why would you agree on anything that Sharpton says? Sharpton is a liberal. Are you?

If not, you're making a dumb argument.

Again, people retain the right to support Sharpton when he's right on the issues. If he's wrong, i'll say he's wrong.

And he's right far more often than he's wrong. That's for damn sure.

BTW...who the hell are you to judge who's worth "talking to" based on their own ideology? You're some arbiter or truth and light?
al sharpton has gotten into your head, hasn't he? "Fairness, equality, freedom!" He wouldn't know any of those terms if they hit him in the head.

He's a wealthy black rabble rouser who never held a real job until affirmative action kicked in at msnbc and they gave him a show.

He lives a very comfortable life behind the walls of a gated WHITE community, while crying racism and inequality to morons.

LOL

Enjoy!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-01-2013, 11:17 AM
 
20,950 posts, read 17,729,211 times
Reputation: 10270
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Awwww...isn't that sweet. YOU caring about black folks. Just warms my black heart.
I mind MY business.

I pay MY way through life without demanding that someone else take care of me.

I expect the same from other responsible people.

What's wrong with expecting people to pay their own way?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-01-2013, 11:26 AM
 
Location: Barrington
59,736 posts, read 40,889,121 times
Reputation: 19292
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post

Why do people continue to make blanket statements without merit?
To validate their own limited perceptions.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-01-2013, 11:26 AM
 
Location: Southwest Louisiana
3,069 posts, read 2,860,936 times
Reputation: 886
I have a question. Why do white people feel the need to associate all black people with Al Sharpton? Why is it that white people talk about Sharpton and Jesse Jackson more than the average black person?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-01-2013, 11:28 AM
 
Location: The West
349 posts, read 391,079 times
Reputation: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
If you and the other person you're arguing with already hold opposing political viewpoints, why would you agree on anything that Sharpton says? Sharpton is a liberal. Are you?

If not, you're making a dumb argument.

Again, people retain the right to support Sharpton when he's right on the issues. If he's wrong, i'll say he's wrong.

And he's right far more often than he's wrong. That's for damn sure.

BTW...who the hell are you to judge who's worth "talking to" based on their own ideology? You're some arbiter or truth and light?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top