U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2013, 08:50 AM

2,045 posts, read 3,555,614 times

Advertisements

Even after we all know of the Tawana Brawley hoax and and how he lied about it?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2013, 08:55 AM

5,261 posts, read 3,845,417 times
The vast majority of blacks have no idea of who Al Sharpton is, just as the vast majority of whites have no idea who Pat Buchanan is.

Old 09-01-2013, 08:56 AM

33,969 posts, read 20,006,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetto View Post
Why is it that after you have been informed NUMEROUS times that most black people do NOT support Al Sharpton - that you continue to harp on the fallacy that they do?

Splain that one.

Old 09-01-2013, 08:57 AM

349 posts, read 391,312 times
As a black person, I must say that Al Sharpton is a joke. I cannot stand when this guy speaks on an issue. He is one of the most biased, racist and hypocritical people in the media. The sad thing is, is that he is a "leader" for black folks. The black leaders of the 50's and 60's would just laugh at this idiot. He does absolutely nothing to help blacks. All he does is blame and whine, blame and whine... Whine about minor things such as a black person getting denied service or the Trayvon Martin case... I have never heard him say something like "Hey black people, our crime rates are xyz, our black youth is xyz" Let's improve this.

Never

Old 09-01-2013, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronHarpoons View Post
As a black person, I must say that Al Sharpton is a joke. I cannot stand when this guy speaks on an issue. He is one of the most biased, racist and hypocritical people in the media. The sad thing is, is that he is a "leader" for black folks. The black leaders of the 50's and 60's would just laugh at this idiot. He does absolutely nothing to help blacks. All he does is blame and whine, blame and whine... Whine about minor things such as a black person getting denied service or the Trayvon Martin case... I have never heard him say something like "Hey black people, our crime rates are xyz, our black youth is xyz" Let's improve this.

Never
"Black leaders."

Who are some "white leaders?" Why is it that I am never told be told about what my "white leaders" are saying? I'm aiming this at both right-wingers and lefties who use this stupid term.

Old 09-01-2013, 09:09 AM

23,837 posts, read 21,513,761 times
To understand how far the civil rights movement has become a farce, consider that Martin Luther King Jr's actions have never been the subject of a Saturday Night Live skit, and Al Sharpton's actions have been the subject of several.

Enough said. He's an embarrassment to the nation, and black people would do well to ignore him and subject him to permanent irrelevancy.

Old 09-01-2013, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Why is it that after you have been informed NUMEROUS times that most black people do NOT support Al Sharpton - that you continue to harp on the fallacy that they do?

Splain that one.
If what you say is true, and please explain the man's rise to prominence and even gets a national television show on MSNBC becoming wealthy, splain dat.

Old 09-01-2013, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
The vast majority of blacks have no idea of who Al Sharpton is, just as the vast majority of whites have no idea who Pat Buchanan is.
Because they choose not to be informed??? How can you not know who these individuals are? Are the folks who have no idea who they are the same folks screaming racism at the attempts to institute voter ID laws? How can one be both unaware of former presidential candidates and complain of racism in voter ID laws???

Old 09-01-2013, 09:28 AM

13,256 posts, read 11,275,654 times
Quote:
You must not hang around very many black people.

Old 09-01-2013, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Because they choose not to be informed??? How can you not know who these individuals are? Are the folks who have no idea who they are the same folks screaming racism at the attempts to institute voter ID laws? How can one be both unaware of former presidential candidates and complain of racism in voter ID laws???
Most of you choose to be misinformed and scream about things. Why should I be more troubled about them than you? Frankly, you folks scream much louder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies