Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2013, 08:31 AM

6,073 posts, read 4,752,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Pink? The only thing pink I own is a couple songs by the singer.

Which, btw, if you can get past her songs "devoted to banging" you might enjoy. You might have some space on your IPod next to your collection of Irving Berlin standards and "Best of the Swinging 40s" soundtrack to give it a try.
no room for wanna bees on my radio. I listen to real music, good music. I also don't have a product produced by chinese slavery to store my music on.

Old 09-02-2013, 08:31 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Black vs White is a civil liberties issue with no religion involved.
But LGBT vs straight is not only a civil liberties issue but a religious one as well.

Very sticky issue here but not something new.
History can attest that people were killed for sticking with their religious beliefs over the government created laws.

Old 09-02-2013, 08:33 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Black vs White is a civil liberties issue with no religion involved.
But LGBT vs straight is not only a civil liberties issue but a religious one as well.
Uh, wrong. Black vs. White very much had religion involved.

Old 09-02-2013, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Might want to study the law a bit more. Access to public accommodation trumps using your religious beliefs to discriminate.
Yes we know that. Government laws trump religious beliefs.
In the past people were put to death for following their religious beliefs over government mandates.
We're a lot more civilized now and just sue them and throw them in jail rather than feeding them to the lions.

Old 09-02-2013, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Uh, wrong. Black vs. White very much had religion involved.
I don't recall anything in the Bible about Black vs White.
Links ?

Old 09-02-2013, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Yes we know that. Government laws trump religious beliefs.
In the past people were put to death for following their religious beliefs over government mandates.
We're a lot more civilized now and just sue them and throw them in jail rather than feeding them to the lions.
I find it odd that you pull the religious discrimination card, but seem to have no issue with religious conservatives discriminating against minorities.

Old 09-02-2013, 08:36 AM

Quote:
I find it odd that you pull the religious discrimination card, but seem to have no issue with religious conservatives discriminating against minorities.
It's a two way street and has been for thousands of years.

You have the same issue going on with regards to abortion and contraceptives.
Religion vs government

Old 09-02-2013, 08:37 AM

Quote:
I don't recall anything in the Bible about Black vs White.
Links ?
Loving v. Virginia

The Trial judge said:

Almighty God created the races white, black, yellow, malay and red, and he placed them on separate continents. And but for the interference with his arrangement there would be no cause for such marriages. The fact that he separated the races shows that he did not intend for the races to mix.

There are numerous Biblical verses about God separating the races, forbidding foreigners/other races/cultures to mix, and heavy endorsement of slavery of foreigners.

And for the record, the original scripture says nothing about LGBT people. You should stop relying on butchered Conservative English translations.

Old 09-02-2013, 08:38 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
no room for wanna bees on my radio. I listen to real music, good music.
YAWN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators
I also don't have a product produced by chinese slavery to store my music on.

Yeah, I'm sure your life is just devoid of anything made in China.

Shouldn't you be on your way to the Wal-Mart to pick up some real 'murican made stuff.

Old 09-02-2013, 08:43 AM

6,073 posts, read 4,752,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
YAWN.

Yeah, I'm sure your life is just devoid of anything made in China.

Shouldn't you be on your way to the Wal-Mart to pick up some real 'murican made stuff.
just because you listen to something called "pink" don't hate on me. I tend to like good stuff, that's all I'm sayin. given your stance on race though, I would assume you wouldn't like much of the music I like. my life is devoid of chinese products whenever it can be. I was sure that my sunglasses were made in italy, shoes in the US, and my mountain bike was also made in the US. I also go to walmart probably twice a year, and that's when I have no other choice. typically when traveling, and I get in late. you should try a farmer's market.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies