Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2013, 01:24 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,098,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
You have just proven my point. It’s even worse that they knew the place and were well aware of their strong religious convictions. A perfect target for homosexual militant bullying.
Knowing that a bakery makes good cakes because you've shopped there before doesn't mean you know anything about the religion of the owners.

Old 09-02-2013, 01:30 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,203,370 times
Quote:
You have just proven my point. It’s even worse that they knew the place and were well aware of their strong religious convictions. A perfect target for homosexual militant bullying.
One of the brides mothers got her wedding cake there. Why wouldn't she order a cake from a place that she had personal experience with?

Their web site even says that they make cakes for every occasion. Did they have a poster up that said every occasion except same sex weddings?

Old 09-02-2013, 01:37 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Dragging everyone to court and wishing bad on them is not doing the LGBT movement much good in winning acceptance.

Just go somewhere else and badmouth them in your community.
Local business depends on local dollars.
Getting the ACLU involved and MSM stories shouldn't be the way to "evolve".

And it's not like Black civil rights movement.
No Black could sit in the front of any bus.
They didn't have choices.

Old 09-02-2013, 01:39 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,252,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Uh, huh.

Since the homos are the ones who stank up the joint with their spewing and vomiting, I'd say they're the ones with the hatred.

Decent people would simply move on. Actually, decent people wouldn't have done what they did in the first place. Like others said, they went from Portland to a little-known bakery in a different town. I'm pretty sure they had bile in their guts when they did that. It wasn't because the little bakery was recommended by legions of friends. They went there with one intent, and it wasn't a wedding cake.
People really need to look at a map of the Portland area: Gresham is a suburb of Portland. It is very possible this couple lived quite near that particular bakery while still having a Portland address.

Also, Gresham is very close to the I-205/Glenn Jackson Bridge crossing the Columbia River, and since they were getting married in Washington, that bakery may have been the most convenient one to the bridge - kind of a last stop perhaps - before entering Washington and the Vancouver/Clark County area, where same sex couples can marry.

Sheesh. Look at a map before spewing crap which you obviously know nothing about.

And you wonder why we laugh at you.

Old 09-02-2013, 01:43 PM

2,887 posts, read 2,634,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Knowing that a bakery makes good cakes because you've shopped there before doesn't mean you know anything about the religion of the owners.
Have you not seen the multiple crosses clearly hanging on the walls of the shop and their being closed on Sundays?

Their home web page states “We here at Sweet Cakes strongly believe that when a man and woman come together to be joined as one, it is truly one of the most special days of their lives, we feel truly honored when we are chosen to do the cake for your special day.”

Plus the statement from John 3:16. The lesbians were aware of this and deliberately targeted this bakery.

Old 09-02-2013, 01:46 PM

2,887 posts, read 2,634,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
One of the brides mothers got her wedding cake there. Why wouldn't she order a cake from a place that she had personal experience with?

Their web site even says that they make cakes for every occasion. Did they have a poster up that said every occasion except same sex weddings?
Their home web page states “We here at Sweet Cakes strongly believe that when a man and woman come together to be joined as one, it is truly one of the most special days of their lives, we feel truly honored when we are chosen to do the cake for your special day.”

Also on the home page "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life" John 3:16

This, being closed Sundays and the crosses hanging on the wall indicate strong religious conviction.

Old 09-02-2013, 01:47 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,252,137 times
Have I mentioned lately how proud I am that I live in a state where gays can legally marry the person of their choice?

I hope I live to see the day it is legal in all fifty of the states.

Old 09-02-2013, 01:48 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Have I mentioned lately how proud I am that I live in a state where same sex couples are afforded the exact same rights to marry as straight couples?

I hope I live to see the day it is legal in all fifty of the states.
Once you get the laws changed then you will use them to purge intolerance from the land.
You will not tolerate intolerance right ?

Old 09-02-2013, 01:51 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,414,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Uh, huh.

Since the homos are the ones who stank up the joint with their spewing and vomiting, I'd say they're the ones with the hatred.

Decent people would simply move on. Actually, decent people wouldn't have done what they did in the first place. Like others said, they went from Portland to a little-known bakery in a different town. I'm pretty sure they had bile in their guts when they did that. It wasn't because the little bakery was recommended by legions of friends. They went there with one intent, and it wasn't a wedding cake.
"Why are gays and lesbians so intolerant of my hatred for them!"

--right-winger logic

Old 09-02-2013, 01:52 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,321,575 times
Quote:
Have you not seen the multiple crosses clearly hanging on the walls of the shop and their being closed on Sundays?

Plus the statement from John 3:16. The lesbians were aware of this and deliberately targeted this bakery.
Oddly enough, they still baked cakes for the Pagan Solstice and divorce parties.
So much for their religous beliefs and the crosses on their walls.

Last edited by weltschmerz; 09-02-2013 at 02:17 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies