Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2013, 07:38 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
because it was a for a same gender "wedding" they would have refused a straight person also who wanted to buy a cake for a same gender "Wedding"
Quote:
a wedding is union between a man and a woman, anything else is not a wedding.
Interesting, I consider a wedding to be between two adults, even the state of New York agrees with me.

What makes a same gender wedding cake different? I am pretty sure they are still normal wedding cakes, the bakers do not have a say in what their wedding cakes are used for.

it is funny to be arguing with a Jew about discrimination and the Jew is the one who is for discrimination.

Old 09-09-2013, 07:52 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,197,584 times
Quote:
did god discriminate against you and require you to use the opposite gender to reproduce? (this is true even with AI)

If you Choose to get married follow the law and marry a member of the opposite gender. If you choose not get married, it's your fault not the state's.

If you have a problem with the law tough luck because you have to follow the law no matter what (as you've said many times on this thread).
You seem to forget that the laws of the state can not violate the constitution.
AMENDMENT XIV

SECTION 1.

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

It is only a matter of time before state laws against SSM will fall as unconstitutional.
Where shall I send a box of tissue for you to dry your tears?

Old 09-09-2013, 07:55 AM

Quote:
If a lesbian terrorist would have bought a cake for normal wedding (man + woman) they would have gotten the cake.

and if to straights would have bought the cake for a same gender "wedding" they would not have gotten the cake.

the sexual orientation is irrelevant to this case.

gays can buy a cake for a normal wedding, straights can't buy a cake for a counterfeit wedding!
It doesn't matter why they bought the cake. The law says that the baker can not discriminate based on the sexual orientation of the customer. The event is not buying the cake the person is.
The couple are legally married under the laws of the state where they had a ceremony. So much for "counterfeit wedding".

Old 09-09-2013, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronHarpoons View Post
They didn't refuse to sell them the cakes because they were gay.
They would have sold them a cake if it was a heterosexual couple, so they refused to sell them the cake because they are homosexual.

Old 09-09-2013, 08:10 AM

3,550 posts, read 2,555,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I don't think you understand what the first amendment means. It is illegal to discriminate, therefore the bakers broke the law...you know that law you pointed out earlier, you might not like what the law says but it is still the law and you must obey the law.
you don't understand the first amendment
when a law is made that forces religious people to violate their religion, the law is unconstitutional unless there is is a public danger.

This is what the Constitution says.

laws forcing that would force me to help a same gender "wedding" interferes with my free exercise of my religion.

what part of this don't you understand?
Congress (extended to states under the 14th amendment) shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof

anyone who is in favor of a state, forcing people to violate their religion to help a "Wedding" is against the 1st amendment and a gay terrorist.

Old 09-09-2013, 08:10 AM

Quote:
It's your fault because you choose not to follow the state's requirements to get married. If you choose to marry a member of the opposite sex then you can get married regardless of your sexual orientation.

as you many times said
Follow the law or pay the price. you can either marry according Mississippi's law which don't prevent anyone from getting married, or you won't get married because you choose not to.

how come gay terrorists never sue god for discriminating against gay "couples" by making them have much higher risks of STDs and never allowing them to have a biological child together?
It is impossible to sue fictitious beings.

Old 09-09-2013, 08:13 AM

Quote:
you don't understand the first amendment
when a law is made that forces religious people to violate their religion, the law is unconstitutional unless there is is a public danger.

This is what the Constitution says.

laws forcing that would force me to help a same gender "wedding" interferes with my free exercise of my religion.

what part of this don't you understand?
Congress (extended to states under the 14th amendment) shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof

anyone who is in favor of a state, forcing people to violate their religion to help a "Wedding" is against the 1st amendment and a gay terrorist.
I still don't think you understand the first amendment, freedom of religion doesn't mean you can discriminate others just because you feel like it. There are other amendments that protect people from discrimination, thus making what the bakers did illegal.

Why do you feel the need to ignore the law?

Old 09-09-2013, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Interesting, I consider a wedding to be between two adults, even the state of New York agrees with me.

What makes a same gender wedding cake different? I am pretty sure they are still normal wedding cakes, the bakers do not have a say in what their wedding cakes are used for.

it is funny to be arguing with a Jew about discrimination and the Jew is the one who is for discrimination.
your in favor of persecution against religious people.

I'm forbidden to help out evil actions and a same gender "Wedding" is evil
if a gay terrorist chooses to use a cake for something else I would sell it to them. It's not the person that's being discriminated against it's a evil event.

Old 09-09-2013, 08:16 AM

Quote:
your in favor of persecution against religious people.

I'm forbidden to help out evil actions and a same gender "Wedding" is evil
if a gay terrorist chooses to use a cake for something else I would sell it to them. It's not the person that's being discriminated against it's a evil event.
Thus you wouldn't be forced to be involved in the wedding, baking a cake has nothing to do with being apart of a wedding...it is just a cake. Sorry your crazy religion doesn't allow you to comprehend that.

Old 09-09-2013, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
You seem to forget that the laws of the state can not violate the constitution.
AMENDMENT XIV

SECTION 1.

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

It is only a matter of time before state laws against SSM will fall as unconstitutional.
Where shall I send a box of tissue for you to dry your tears?
since not a single person who voted on the 14th amendment was in favor of same gender "marriage" obviously your interpretation of the 14 amendment is insane.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies